prez's press conference

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

prez's press conference

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:16 pm

Anybody catch that press conference? Was that weird or what? I've been watching for commentary about it on tv, haven's seen anything. My jaw almost dropped on the floor when he made the comment to the press person about his beautiful suit, being the best-dressed of the group. And all the stumbling articulation. What an embarrassment. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: prez's press conference

Postby sunny » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:51 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>What an embarrassment.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br>I can't stand to watch him for that reason. That, and I get physically ill. I depend on <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>you</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> guys for commentary on what the Little Dictator has to say. <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

actually,

Postby TroubleFunk » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:54 pm

I thought he was a little better than usual (which does NOT translate as acceptable in any way, don't get me wrong). If I was his PR advisor, though, I would definitely tell him "Don't smile. Don't laugh, EVER. You look like even more of an elitist asshole than you do when you're trying to be serious, which you are also not good at." I think Jon Stewart pretty much nails this regularly. <p></p><i></i>
TroubleFunk

Re: actually,

Postby DireStrike » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:52 pm

"heh heh." Yeah, Stewart has it.<br><br>I never watch him or any of the serial liars in the administration. <p></p><i></i>
DireStrike

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:10 pm

Finally found someone talking about the conference:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rep-diane-watson/the-presidents-press-con_b_31532.html">www.huffingtonpost.com/re...31532.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>...It appeared to be a tortuous event for Mr. Bush. More than any other President in recent memory, his inability to frame and articulate the issues is embarrassingly obvious.<br><br><br><br>The President appeared even more unsettled at today's press conference - witness his comments on the sartorial tastes of the press - to the point of being unhinged....<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 10/12/06 1:12 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby Gouda » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:14 pm

Crossposting here...<br><br>Bush on Foley at the press conference:<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>I mean, this is – you know, this is disgusting behavior when a – you know, a member of Congress betrays the trust of a – of the Congress and, you know, a family that sent a young page up to serve in the Congress," said Bush.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Bush_blasts_study_that_estimates_655000_1011.html">www.rawstory.com/news/200..._1011.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>No mention of the kids, the victims. He feels for "the congress" and sort of throws in "the family" for good manners. I understand that many of the page families are politically-connected. Important families. Like his. The victimized kids? Not real. Not even a concept beyond that of institutional...coin. <br><br>It's like Hitler's paintings of architectural structures with malformed, tiny token human figurines scattered about the edifaces. <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:42 pm

His comments on the Iraqis "willingness" to tolerate all that violence was very strange. There was something about the statement that felt like there were more honest words just about jumping out of his mouth--something like, "I can't believe how those dumb fucks keep letting us do this to them." <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Return to Bush Family