Video Games with RI Themes

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Video Games with RI Themes

Postby KeenInsight » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:01 am

I'm not sure there any threads like this, but I thought I would create one. The idea is to list here (and discuss, if you wish) any video games you think are useful as a kind of learning medium on parapolitics, conspiracies, etc. These could be older games or ones that are in development. Perhaps many have been discussed before to death, but I think it's more useful to have them listed in one place.

The ones that immediately come up off the top of my head, that I have played:

- Deus Ex 1 and 2 (Obviously)
- Half-Life 1 and 2

Upcoming:

- Mirror's Edge: An FPS that focuses on true free-form movement, really immersing the player into the first person perspective. The character you play as, is a beautiful, oriental female heroine named Faith, who is on the run and fighting against fascist rulers in a conformist dystopia. Now that's my kind of learning tool!

Trailers: Mirror's Edge Story Trailer, Mirror's Edge HQ In-Game, Mirror's Edge Trailer

- Deus Ex 3: Not much information released, but hopefully it will be amazing :).

Trailers: Deus Ex 3 Teaser
KeenInsight

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:39 pm

It's funny you mention this, I'm working on building a game that uses parapolitics and some of the themes of RigInt in a fantasy setting. Here's a screenshot of a book I have in-game, which really is more a nod to the board than anything ;) (although I'll have to put in a Wizard Jeff as the ultimate author of it...)

In most cases real life names are obsucred/changed out of respect for the real people (I have fictional Cynthia Mckinney, Sybel Edmonds and other characters in the game, for example, but with their names slightly changed, and of course their histories, as this is fantasy.). The intent is to provide a key in the game at some point, indicating what things correlate to what things in the real world, so in a sense it could be used as a learning tool, as well (or at least an introduction to some ideas). I originally wanted to tell an alternative view of 9/11 in the game, but it has expanded both beyond that and contracted somewhat (the difficulty of translating modern things to fantasy). I plan to go into Fed Reserve chicanery, Prison- (and Military-) Industrial complex concepts, and explore "The Noble Lie" for players, among other things.

Game is still in development and I for privacy reasons don't want to post details here. But PM me if you are interested and I'll likely share. The game will be freeware - not something I'm trying to make for a profit or anything. Mostly to learn how to program games and marry two obsessions of my mine...
§ê¢rꆧ

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:25 am

§ê¢rꆧ

Pokémon Go

Postby MinM » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:58 pm

@BuzzFeedNews

Police Say Armed Robbers Are Using Pokémon Go To Target Their Victims https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcnea ... gc#4ldqpgc
Earth-704509
MinM

Re: Video Games with RI Themes

Postby DrEvil » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:07 pm

^^There's also the guy who found a dead body when out looking for Pokemons.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Return to Media and Information Technology