TrineDay needs support

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

TrineDay needs support

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:53 am

Small and worthy publisher TrineDay (of <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Sinister Forces</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->, <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Fleshing Out Skull and Bones</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> and <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Without Smoking Gun</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->) is suffering a lot these days. Its <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.trineday.com/">website</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> has been hacked, and it's facing big legal bills defending itself and author Lt. Col. Daniel Marvin against the deep pockets of the Special Forces Association.<br><br>An email I received tonight:<br><br>Lt. Colonel Marvin-TrineDay Legal Defense Fund<br><br>We Are Fighting For Our Lives!!!<br>Harrasment lawsuit threatens to bankrupt small publisher and silence a citizen's First Admendment Rights.<br><br>Our lawyers say they need $15,000 before our Halloween court date to proceed.<br><br>Please Help Us!! We are just regular folk, already stretched thin.<br><br>72 Year-Old Lt. Col. "Dangerous Dan" Daniel Marvin and TrineDay, an Oregon publishing house, are defending themselves in a costly legal battle to excercise their first admendment rights in Federal District Court beginning this October 31, 2005 in Charleston, South Carolina. <br><br>Lt. Colonel Marvin's book, Expendable Elite – One Soldier’s Journey Into Covert Warfare, is a Vietnam wartime story of his experience commanding an independent Special Forces operation in 1966 in the An Phu District among the Hao Hoas (Wha Hows), a militant Buddhist sect. <br><br>The book was written in 1988 and published in 2003 by TrineDay. The Special Forces Association (SFA), a veterans' fraternal organization has tried to brashly influence these legal proceedings. The SFA has bankrolled the plantiff's action, supplying lawyers, and apparently even advancing expense money to the plantiffs. The SFA has intruded <br>into our private legal meetings, and the SFA has a history of "steamrolling" other historical revelations.<br><br>The plantiffs have rejected attempts to settle, even when confronted with hard copy evidence, plus their own prior recorded testimony that confirm the book's story. The current tactic of the plantiffs and their "friends" seems to be to force us to be ready to defend ourselves in the costly arena of Federal District Court. As far as we can tell, the plantiffs have presented no case beyond their words <br>that the book is "fantasy," and a report from a JAG guy that says, if what Col. Marvin says in his book is true, in 1966 then Captain Marvin and his men broke International Law by shooting into Cambodia and, therefore, violated Miltary Code, were in a state of mutiny, for disobeying an order and, therefore, the publishing of the book has "subjected the plantiffs to hatred, ridicule and contempt."<br><br>Another contention of the plantiffs is that Martha Raye, who in 1966 visited Dangerous Dan's Camp at AnPhu, was "illiterate." Our opponents in this action, according to court documents, have announced that they will present a witness to testify to the court that Martha Raye was illiterate. Why? Well, you see, the foreword to Expendable Elite was written by comedienne/singer Martha Raye, and <br>even though dear Martha only finished the fifth grade, she did sign contracts, read scripts and wrote a book of her own, plus pieces for two other books. But this legal action isn't about truth, it is about, "Special Forces don't talk to reporters and reporters don't talk to Special Forces." It is about muzzling a small voice through harrassment and costly litigation.<br><br>You may donate to our Legal Defense Fund through PayPal here, OR, through the Amazon Honor System, Amazon Honor System Col. Marvin and TrineDay have already spent over $25,000 and the expected total cost of the trial is $100,000. Our South Carolina law firm is demanding a $15,000 retainer before our Halloween court date. They have done us good work and we have no problem with their demand … except the money. It is the reality of the cost of doing the job.<br> <br>Defend our freedoms and Constitution. The Courthouse is located at 85 Broad Street in Charleston, South Carolina. Our trial begins on Halloween morning, please attend if you can.<br><br>We have two weeks to raise $15,000! Please help by donating either through PayPal, the Amazon Honor system, or by writing a check to our Defense Fund. You can also help by buying a book or books, and by placing a link to this page on your website. Our web server was severly hacked about a month ago (which has disrupted our sales) but <br>we have in its place a PayPal version. Priority USPS shipping (3/4 days) has been added to the price of the books. You may also order, or donate or ask any questions, at<br>1-800-556-2012.<br><br>Thank-you. And may God bless.<br><br>Kris Millegan<br>TrineDay<br><br>October 13, 2005<br><br>10/15 -- $3,155 has been raised so far --Thank-you<br><br>Please help Kris and Daniel survive these attacks so they can continue to get this important information out to those who seek it. Send checks or money orders to:<br><br>Marvin-Millegan Legal Defense Fund<br>Bowditch and Dewey, LLP<br>P.O. Box 15156<br>Worcester, MA 01615-0156<br><br>Make your checks or money orders payable to Bowditch & Dewey LLP and include in the memo of the check the words: Marvin-Millegan LDF. As you can see at Bowditch.com, this lawfirm is fully equipped to prevail in this case, if we are capable of supplying them with the money.<br><br>We sincerely appreciate your help in this effort, Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Marvin, U.S. Army Special Forces (Retired), <br>Author, and Robert A. Millegan, Publisher, TrineDay Press<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://expendableelite.com/lawsuit1/index.html">expendableelite.com/lawsuit1/index.html</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rigorousintuition>Rigorous Intuition</A> at: 10/17/05 1:10 am<br></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: TrineDay needs support

Postby marykmusic » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:34 am

I know another member of the Special Forces who tells exactly the same story... and also says that the other members of his group (they went INTO Cambodia) have all died or disappeared, many mysteriously. This is an op they don't want told. I'll bet that behind the Special Forces Group is another group, the one that gave the orders, that REALLY doesn't want the story out. --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Re: TrineDay needs support

Postby MinM » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:10 pm

They must be doing better ..

Posted 11 Jun 2014, 03:12 AM

Kris Millegan has authorized me to state that TrineDay Publishing Company will make a donation towards keeping the Education Forum active and will help with its administration if needed.

Edited by Douglas Caddy, 11 Jun 2014, 03:14 AM.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... 1&p=287612

MinM » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:41 am wrote:
Discover a Publisher: TrineDay
By Marc Schultz
Apr 13, 2012

This week, the Tip Sheet kicks off a new feature, where we look at one of the many, many publishing houses toiling outside the mainstream. Our inagural subject is TrineDay, an Oregon publisher covering subject matter too taboo for the Big Six, including investigations into 9/11, the JFK assassination, and elite secret societies like Skull & Bones.

Who it is: TrineDay was established in 2002 by Kris Millegan, an academic-minded (and self-described) “conspiracy theorist” whose father was deeply involved with the U.S. intelligence community his entire career, beginning a decade before the formation of the OSS.
In 1969, Millegan’s father began filling Millegan in on the operations he had been a part of in Vietnam, the Phillipines, and here in the U.S., involving (among other revelations) secret CIA drug experiments and cloistered societies pulling strings at the highest levels of government. That revelation led Millegan to study conspiracy theory as an academic discipline for some ten years. He started writing about the CIA, drugs, and secret societies, but couldn’t find a publisher for his work. “I sent off work to Feral House,” he told PW from TrineDay’s Walterville, Ore. office. “I figured they did some pretty wild stuff, but I got a note back saying they did not want to take on Skull & Bones.”

What it does: Millegan established TrineDay as a home for “interesting, well-researched and well-written books with but one key ‘defect’: a challenge to official history that would tend to rock the boat of America’s corporate ‘culture.’” With a catalog of more than 40 books (plus 10 out-of-print titles), TrineDay is releasing a dozen new titles in 2012—most recently A Whig Manifesto: A Short History of the Whig Movement with Modern Party Perspectives on Current Political and Social Controversies by Chuck Morse, just released on April 15.

After the internet came along, Millegan began running an email list called CIA Drugs, through which he found his first project, a book by Daniel Hopsicker that had been languishing at a New York agency. On a whim—“silly me, I thought ‘there’s the Constitution and stuff, this guy has been seen internationally on NBC and elsewhere, he has quite a book,’ and I said I have a computer on my desk and they tell me it can make a book.” In 2000, they published Barry and the “Boys”: The CIA, the Mob, and America’s Secret History under the name MadCowPress. Less then two years later, TrineDay’s first act was to rescue the first volume to take on the shadowy Skull & Bones society from going out of print: thanks to Millegan, Anthony Sutton’s America’s Secret Establishment: An Introduction to the Order of Skull & Bones is still available in paperback.

How it gets by: TrineDay is a four-and-a-half man operation consisting of two editors, a “computer graphics guy,” a part-time office manager, and publisher Millegan (“I do the typesetting and stuff like that”). Their biggest seller is The True Story of the Bilderberg Group by Daniel Estulin, a “fascinating account of the annual meetings of the world’s most powerful people,” a collection of “Europeon prime ministers, American presidents, and the wealthiest CEOs of the world” which, since its 1954 inception, has never released any statements or allowed press coverage. TrineDay currently has a staggering 70,000 copies of Bilderberg in print: “We’re not even a small publisher—we’re a micro-publisher. That book sold over 2 million copies in Europe before we got it, and this guy’s agent was the agent for Dean Koontz, he had access to everyone in American publishing.” Despite its success, no one on this side of the pond would publish it, until, “finally, the author contacted me directly, and we got it going for him. It’s been translated into Chinese and Russian, sold over 4 million copies worldwide—you’d think someone in New York would see it and think, ‘maybe I can make a shekel or two on this one.”

What’s next: Millegan also remarks that “there’s a lot of history out there we haven’t been told. As one of my authors says, ‘Sometimes you aren’t in a position to tell history and all you can do is take notes.’ We’ve been presenting thenotes of a lot of people. These stories have to be discussed, even if it’s only to say ‘this is crazy and completely wrong.’”

Some upcoming releases Millegan is especially excited for:

From an Office Building with a High-Powered Rifle: One FBI Agent’s View of the JFK Assassination by Don Adams, out on May 22. “This is from an 82-year-old former FBI agent who was used by people in the FBI to help set up part of the Kennedy Assassination. It was not as simple as Oswald shooting three shots, they had to lay a bunch of groundwork. This agent was transferred to the Dallas office in June of ’64, was involved with the investigation, it’s a very direct personal viewpoint of the assassination and the investigation that show the manipulation and fraud that went on.

A Secret Order: Investigating the High Strangeness and Synchronicity in the JFK Assassination by H.P. Albarelli Jr, out on June 21. “Albarelli is a very thorough investigator, an attorney. This is going to bring out some of the nuances of the Kennedy assassination.”

Bonds of Secrecy: The True Story of CIA Spy and Watergate Conspirator E. Howard Hunt by Saint John Hunt, out on August 22. “Another one we have is on E. Howard Hunt, the Watergate burgler, who was also a peripheral player in the JFK assassination, from his son. Before his death, Howard confided some things and passed on some documents to his son, which continue to confirm what my dad started talking about to me in 1969.”

Black 9/11: How Cutting-Edge Technology Was Used Against the American People on September 11, 2001 by Mark H. Gaffney, out on Sept. 11. “It was supposed to be out last September, but Gaffney really uncovered soemt hings, goes into the Black Budget, Black Technology, and the Black Motive behind 9/11. It’s very well done, puts together a bunch of things that haven’t been put together before.”

Where to buy: Millegan suggests looking “anyplace find books are sold.” He reports that Barnes & Noble has carried “quite a few of our books,” but readers can also check online at TrineDay.com and Amazon, or call TrineDay direct at 1-800-556-2012.

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-t ... neday.html

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index ... opic=19019

MinM » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:45 pm wrote:
operator kos wrote:And this one by George Michael Evica published by TrineDay
Earth-704509
MinM

Return to Media and Information Technology