Let's Hang Signs - The RI Signs Project

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: must do

Postby thrulookingglass » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:50 pm

Totally! If someone comes up with a template of some sort of mailing or poster and can post it here, please do! I think we need a attention grabbing title/headline. Something simple like "YOU ARE BEING LIED TO!" or the good 'ol RI slogan "What you don't know can't hurt them!". Some nice bullet points like stuff from disinfo's <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>50 facts that should change the world</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->. I would also like to see some url suggestions that would help open peoples' eyes...I was thinking commondreams.org or GNN... <p></p><i></i>
thrulookingglass

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 1c

Postby thrulookingglass » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:46 pm

My centennial! YAY ME! <p></p><i></i>
thrulookingglass

See freewayblogger.com for tactics on using roads.

Postby Watchful Citizen » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:52 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://freewayblogger.com/">freewayblogger.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>You'll love the sight of the truth in large letters in public areas.<br><br>The internet and public areas are the only place we have to deliver the truth. It really is up to us to tell folks what up. <p></p><i></i>
Watchful Citizen

We have to tell everyone

Postby FourthBase » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:51 am

That's a deep point WC.<br><br>We probably have the <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>responsibility</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> to tell people.<br>Like, really...<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>a moral duty</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->.<br><br>How many of us are here and elsewhere on the net?<br>How many of them are out there, not here?<br>Who else is going to tell them?<br><br>Unless <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>we</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> tell them, how many of them would eventually find out on their own - the same tiny percentage that we represent? And how long would it take for them - years and years? By always keeping this to ourselves (or at most delegating an occasional spokesman who mostly preaches to the choir) we are <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>damning</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> the rest, and eventually ourselves, to a cyclical fascist nightmare.<br><br>But I'm going to try to have a good sense of humor about it. Really <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>getting</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> our world can be a <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>huge</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> buzzkill. A little comic fatalism might be useful, to get through to people and to keep ourselves in good spirits. Vonnegut and Stereolab come to mind. Maybe you have other role models. There are ways to struggle with the grotesqueries of reality and yet communicate that awful reality <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>pleasurably</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> and <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>convincingly</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> to others. There are ways to fight a war of information against frighteningly evil, powerful men and institutions...and all the while live a relaxed, fulfilling life. <br><br>It's up to us to be heralds, town-criers, messengers.<br>Even if you don't feel like directly reaching people, please help figure out how. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:59 am

Since I'm going to be "the guy who holds up the protest sign" in Canton, I figured I'd bump this thread. Yes, yes...I know. There are already legions of leftists and whatever who think they're "active" by protesting with signs. But think about it...we here would probably make the best and most impactful signs.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby Enki-][ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:29 am

There is a similar project called PosterGASM.
Enki-][

Previous

Return to Media and Information Technology