oliver stone-d again

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Blackmail, perhaps?

Postby Qutb » Sat May 27, 2006 7:28 am

Or maybe Stone simply has more sense than to buy the revisionist theories about the towers? <p></p><i></i>
Qutb

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Temperature Gauges

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat May 27, 2006 1:28 pm

I totally agree. Polling, ratings, attendance buzz, etc.-<br>These are marketing tools of governance used to see what can be gotten away with without too much resistance from the masses who, like other vulnerable animals, don't see very far into social mechanisms and thus respond to surface cues like titles and slogans.<br><br>Ever since Oliver Stone made 'JFK' he has been used as a discrediting agent for whatever topic is sent his way, like TWA800.<br><br>Former CBS reporter Kristina Borjesson tells in 'Into the Buzzsaw' of how she was fired for following up on the missile angle of the downing of TWA800 and then lured back from obscurity with an offer to be involved in Oliver Stone's treatment of the subject on what was to be a conspiracy-revealing Oliver Stone TV series that would make 60 Minutes look tame. <br>The show was going to be on ABC and called 'Oliver Stone's De-classified'. Time and Newsweek ran pre-emptive eye-rolling comments to make sure we got the message: Stone is wacko.<br><br>Even though Stone's TV show never happened it was ballyhooed in the press to make sure everyone associated wacky Oliver Stone with the 'mystery' of TWA800 which was really shot down by the US military doing excercises off NYC.<br><br>Oliver Stone was executive producer for Paramount's 'The Day Reagan Was Shot' and it goes through all the cliches of the day as if written by the Republican's for a campaign to deify their Cocaine Cowboy.<br>"Sorry, mommy, I forgot to duck."<br>VP GHWBush shows up at the very end of the film and only counsels doing the right thing for the country. CIA Director William Casey is portrayed as a snoozy old bow-tied relic who everyone jokes around while Richard Dreyfuss eats the scenery as Alexander Haig trying to keep Reagan's handlers from starting WWIII.<br><br>That's a lot of cover for the CIA which Stone supposedly de-pantsed with 'JFK.'<br><br> <br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re: oliver stone-d again

Postby MinM » Wed May 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Image @jeremyscahill: Well this ended up to be an interesting night:
@jakefoglenest: @jeremyscahill This is the most dangerous situation you've gotten yourself into yet!

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/statu ... 5673022467

viewtopic.php?p=504572#p504572

Robert Redford Silent Movie Surprise Hit of Cannes

Roger Friedman
The surprise hit of Cannes? Robert Redford is so terrific in a “silent” film here that he could easily win the Best Actor award. “All Is Lost” is directed by JC Chandor. There is no dialogue. Redford plays a man who’s been sailing a modest sailboat through what we learn is the Indian Ocean. When the film begins he awakens to find he’s drifted into no man’s land, and his boat is has a gaping hole. Water is pouring in.
What takes place next may sound not so interesting. But the film is eloquent, poetic and full of action. The action– plus the stunts, all done by Redford, 76– makes “All Is Lost’ far from boring. It might be the most exciting action film of the year.
I fell in love with this movie this morning as did most reviewers. From the start you know it’s good– and that serious, tragic things are happening to the man played by Redford. He has no name. You just know that he’s a proficient sailor in very good shape, athletic, and quick to come up with solutions. He isn’t “McGyver” though. This is a story of man against relentless nature....

http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=13205
Earth-704509
MinM

Previous

Return to Media and Information Technology