Internet neutrality may be dead says senator

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: food for thought

Postby AlicetheCurious » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:15 am

About Bugliosi, he is a lawyer, not a researcher or a political analyst, so it's enough that he's brilliant at what he does, which is win cases, particularly before juries (he's won 105 out of 106 jury cases he's conducted).<br><br>I read somewhere a long time ago, that he deliberately chose not to present any evidence that Manson was connected to a much wider satanic network, because he wanted to keep the issues simple and clean enough for the jury to convict Manson and his 'family'.<br><br>It's not required of him to be a man for all seasons, nor to fulfill all our fantasies, but he is a bulldog when it comes to presenting a compelling, meticulous, legally-sound case that would convince even an ignorant jury (ie the American public).<br><br>In his latest book, he's presented a solid case that the Supreme Court has been corrupted through the appointment of ideologues, that it contains <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>criminals</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> and <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>traitors</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->.<br><br>Instead of other legal scholars disputing his arguments and evidence, this former darling of the media, a regular on the best-seller lists, whose book exposes possibly the greatest crime in American history, has been locked out. Crickets.<br><br>Sometimes silence can be deafening. <p></p><i></i>
AlicetheCurious

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby NewKid » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:39 am

Remember too though that hacks like Dershowitz made the same level of noise about Bush v. Gore. Also remember that Bugliosi is a big Oswald lone nutter guy. <br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0671043773?v=glance" target="top">www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0671043773?v=glance</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><br>He also had a minor role in RFK assassination investigation.<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.crimelibrary.com/terrorists_spies/assassins/kennedy/8.html" target="top">www.crimelibrary.com/terrorists_spies/assassins/kennedy/8.html</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>I don't really know him that well, but I'd be very cautious of him. <p></p><i></i>
NewKid

Postby AlicetheCurious » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:26 am

Wow, NewKid, I had no idea. I've read "Helter Skelter" and "Outrage!" as well as many articles written by Bugliosi, and have been very impressed by his unassailable logic, clean, sharp analysis, and the fact that he does provide ample evidence for each assertion he makes.<br><br>I hadn't heard that he was writing a voluminous 2-volume tome on the JFK assassination, purporting to prove that Oswald acted alone.<br><br>Oceans of ink (and bytes) have been devoted to proving that there was a well-organized and high-level conspiracy to murder JFK, but comparatively very little research (as far as I know) to prove the government's case against Oswald.<br><br>If anyone can do it, my bet's on Bugliosi. I will definitely read it when it comes out, and naturally, if my bullshit meter starts beeping, another of my heroes will sadly bite the dust...<br><br>But back to the subject of this thread: the poisonous idea that corporations are "persons" with constitutional rights, in my opinion represents the introduction of doublethink, undermining the very idea of human and civil rights.<br><br>It's ironic (and very revealing) that the neocon "judges" appointed by Bush/Reagan/Bush have fought so passionately to give rights to fictional corporate entities, while the voting rights of African Americans (Karen Hughes' vicious and racist "list") were taken away without this Constitutional Court uttering a peep.<br><br>It just reeks of the kind of pious hypocrisy typical of this government: burning people alive while claiming to 'liberate' them; stealing from the poor to give to the rich while claiming to be 'christians'; murdering thousands of civilians in a "war on terror"; too many to mention, and I'm getting nauseous.<br><br>My point is that these people are very spin-savvy, but ruthless in their greed and lust for power. So, you can't go wrong once they or their cronies start braying about "rights", that's a sure sign that yours are in danger; if they start talking about the importance of education, you can bet that more schools will be gutted, and so on. It's easy, all you have to do is substitute the opposite, and voila! out pops the truth:<br><br>Freedom is slavery;<br>War is peace;<br>Ignorance is strength.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
AlicetheCurious

Postby NewKid » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:06 am

That book came out a few years ago. You can try to get a copy here.<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.ecampus.com/bk_detail.asp?isbn=0671043773&referrer=spbuilder" target="top">www.ecampus.com/bk_detail.asp?isbn=0671043773&referrer=spbuilder</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>Yeah, corporate personhood has been a big deal under the 14th amendment due process clause and equal protection clause as well as the first amendment. I think vastly more equal protection cases have been brought by corporations than blacks over the years. <p></p><i></i>
NewKid

Postby AlicetheCurious » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:59 am

No, according to Amazon, it's expected out in 2007.<br><br>I just had a giggle remembering Halloween when I was a kid, once in a while, these really big, towering teenagers would show up, looking scary/ridiculous in their costumes, trying to get candy along with the kids. It was grotesque, but not nearly as grotesque as the owners of these huge corporations, swollen with power and privilege, hijacking the judicial system that they've corrupted to claim constitutional rights for their bullhorns, meanwhile making nefarious deals to erode those of true citizens.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
AlicetheCurious

Postby NewKid » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:48 am

Wow, your're right; I didn't look closely enough at it. The publishing date says 2000 on it. I've never seen that before. But I guess that's why it doesn't have a cover. <br><br>Well, he isn't the only one either. Mark Fuhrman is coming out with a book saying it was Oswald all by himself too I've heard. The problem with Kennedy books is the evidence is too tainted, it's too elaborate, there are too many rabbit holes, and so nobody will ever be able to conclusively establish what happened. The CIA was routinely faking documents in its own files to mislead other officers and potential historians; there's no way Bugliosi or anybody could ever possibly account for all the weirdness involving the assasination. Even LBJ and Hoover probably didn't know what the hell really happened. (Check out some of these audios.)<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.historymatters.com/archive/archive_audioindex.htm" target="top">www.historymatters.com/archive/archive_audioindex.htm</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
NewKid

Previous

Return to Media and Information Technology