Decoy film hides US-Nazi connection from US school kids.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Memory Hijacking

Postby FourthBase » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:26 pm

Hugh, it seems that googling this movie will <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>actually</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> lead more people to find out about the real Paperclip, people who would have never known about it. What say you about that? <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:55 pm

kINDA LIKE A rEVERSE pSY-oP, NO?<br><br>Psy-Ops for Good Guys.. <p>____________________<br>Oderint, dum metuant</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby rain » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:56 pm

LOL. who says the programme isn't working.<br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:48 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> Hugh, it seems that googling this movie will actually lead more people to find out about the real Paperclip, people who would have never known about it. What say you about that?<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Two words: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"Mutual Exclusivity."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>Kids are far more likely to see the heartwarming video on the video store shelf where I did.<br><br>And child psychologists explain that kids tend to learn one word for things and stick with it because they are learning to name the world and this functions as a clarifier so they don't get bogged down with the multiplicities of experience. This aids survival. A tiger is a tiger and not multiple varieties to think about as you run away. Later in life, if you survive, there is time to figure out which snakes are poisonous and which aren't.<br><br>This is called "mutual exclusivity." A dog is not a horse. Simple.<br><br>Read about this on pages 114-115 in Malcolm Gladwell's book 'The Tipping Point' where he discusses how children's TV programming (good word) had to adapt to how kid's brains work when they were first putting together Sesame Street.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>And this tendency to keep what you first learn carries into adulthood</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> and some people's brains don't shift to multiple meanings anyway due to animal-specific variations in brain functions.<br><br>So the race to plant the first word-defining flag in kid's and even adult's minds is a tactic for innoculating people against awareness of government dirty laundry.<br><br>How often have you heard that 'Kennedy went into Vietnam' but haven't read about his signing NSAM 263 in 10/63 to get out?<br><br>How about 'Peacekeeper Missile?'<br><br>Back in Kennedy's day the newly deployed Minute Man missiles (ah, how Paul Revere-like) were being called 'Honest John' missiles to imply their virtue compared to the dastardly Soviet missiles.<br><br>How about 'Apache helicopter?' <br>'Tomahawk missile?'<br>'Clean Skies Initiative?'<br>'No Child Left Behind?'<br><br>PATRIOT ACT??!! C'mon people. Keyword hijacking is so in your face that you can't see it anymore.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby professorpan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:14 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Kids are far more likely to see the heartwarming video on the video store shelf where I did.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Yeah, kids beg their parents to rent documentaries all the time.<br><br>Have you ever taken the time to do some research into the chain of events required to suppport your harebrained theories -- maybe even graph them out? In this case, from the inception of the documentary (requiring the cooption of high school teachers and the creation of a false narrative), through the directive to the pimply clerk in your local video store to place it within your field of view?<br><br>All of that work -- an immense, convoluted, expensive, and resource-intensive plot -- to do what? Get in the way of someone finding out about Operation Paperclip?<br><br>Let me explain something I've learned over the years.<br><br>Most people do not give a flying fuck about Operation Paperclip, MKULTRA, the Kennedy assassination, the Church Commission, or other topics that fall under the banner of deep politics. Even though all of this stuff is well-documented, and more easily accessible today than when I first started researching it (thanks to the Internet), and more people are writing about it -- guess what? The average person has little interest in history in general, and the darker pockets of history even less. It has been that way for a long time. Talk to some humans outside of the parapolitical boards and you'll come to the same conclusion. It just doesn't interest many people. <br><br>Of course, you could interpret that as being a result of successful keyword hijacking and other PSYOP techniques. <br><br>Or it could point to the likely conclusion that your theories of grand, expensive, tightly-controlled, micromanaged media manipulation to be extremely improbable -- to the point of being almost impossible.<br><br>I have suggested, over and over, that you take a step back and attempt to poke holes in your theories. That's how rigorous scientists and researchers test their theories to weed out confirmation bias and blind spots. You've never addressed my suggestion. I wonder if you have the intellectual -- and emotional -- rigor to contemplate such an exercise.<br><br>But feel free to ignore me to trot out your "straw man" slurs for the umpteenth time. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:17 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>C'mon people. Keyword hijacking is so in your face that you can't see it anymore.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>That must explain why it's so invisble to me.<br><br>Thanks for the new forum sig, btw. <p>____________________<br>hugh manatee wins: "This is called "mutual exclusivity." A dog is not a horse. Simple."<br></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:08 pm

Yeah, kids beg their parents to rent documentaries all the time.

It is one of many videos sitting on a shelf like a mini-billboard.
And it is also a book selling on Amazon about an "internationally recognized memorial"-

http://www.marionschools.org/holocaust/
The documentary titled "Paper Clips", presented by One Clip At A Time HMA, is a production of the Johnson Group, in association with Miramax Films and Ergo Entertainment.
For those of you interested in ordering the updated versions of the documentary Paper Clips, it is now available through this web address http://www.paperclipsstore.com. If you order through this address, a portion of the sales will go to support the goals of the Children's Holocaust Memorial at Whitwell Middle School.

The book "Six Milllion Paper Clips: The Making of A Children's Holocaust Memorial", which documents the Paper Clip Project, is now available in bookstores nationwide,
through Amazon.com or at http://www.karben.com

And isn't it interesting that Bill Clinton, Tom Hanks (recently inducted into the Army Rangers Hall of Fame Museum), and Stephen Spielberg (more mind viruses than you can shake a keyboard at) were heavily involved in this project? And the book comes out during (s)election 2004?

http://www.marionschools.org/holocaust/sixmillion.htm
PUBLICATION DATE: NOVEMBER 2004

Discover How a Class Project Blossomed into an
Internationally Known Holocaust Memorial

Six Million Paper Clips: The Making of AChildren's Holocaust Memorial, is an improbable and inspiring human interest story of community determination and triumph.

Whitwell , Tenn. , a rural town with virtually no diversity, is a surprising place to find a Holocaust Memorial. But today, a World War II-era German railcar that houses millions of paper clips, each representing a victim of murder by the Nazis, prominently sits in front of Whitwell Middle School .

Authors Peter Schroeder and Dagmar Schroeder-Hildebrand, who were born in Germany during World War II and are White House correspondents, give readers an exclusive personal account of the project and their vital role in obtaining the railcar. The Schroeders traveled throughout Germany to locate, purchase and ship the railcar back to Whitwell for the students.

To understand the enormity of the Nazi's extermination of the Jews, students began collecting paper clips, a symbol used to by the Norwegians to show solidarity with their Jewish neighbors during WWII. After sending out a massive number of letters, they began receiving packages of paper clips from people all over the world, from Holocaust survivors to well-known celebrities like Bill Clinton, Tom Hanks, and Steven Spielberg.

This fascinating story illustrates how the Paper Clip Project began as a class in a small community and grew into an international effort to build a memorial with the powerful message of unity, understanding and hope.
About the authors

Peter W. Schroeder, a German citizen, has worked as a diplomatic correspondent in Europe , Asia , Israel , and for the last 24 years in North America . Also an economist, Schroeder has authored books on German history, tolerance, the Holocaust, and European-American relations. He and his wife divide their time between Washington , D.C. ; Victoria , Canada ; and Germany .

Dagmar Schroeder-Hildebrand, a German citizen, has worked as a diplomatic correspondent all over the world. Also a psychologist, Schroeder-Hidebrand was editor in chief of a magazine for parents of handicapped children and is the author of several biographies of Holocaust survivors.

Are Peter Schroeder and Dagmar Schroeder-Hildebrand being used as human credentials? Or helping hide the Wall Street/Hitler-CIA/Nazi war criminal dirty history...
...by protecting the Bush Crime Family's past from Americans in the same way that even the Anti-defamation League, on its own website, claims that Prescott Bush DID NOT finance the Nazi Party?!

http://www.adl.org/Internet_Rumors/prescott.htm
Prescott Bush's Alleged Nazi "Ties", 12/16/03

Rumors about the alleged Nazi "ties" of the late Prescott Bush, the grandfather of President George W. Bush, are untenable and politically motivated.

More complicated than Jews vs Nazis, isn't it?

As to
the directive to the pimply clerk in your local video store to place it within your field of view?

Grasping for a straw man?
This is just another product that goes out on the shelf which is seen by everyone who scans the shelves every weekend like a little billboard. Unless it is shown in school as a 'history lesson' with all the creds that implies.

Silly of you to induce the image of an innocent "pimply clerk."
What kind of red herring is that?
Irrelevent. Dismissed.
Next case.

Most people do not give a flying fuck about Operation Paperclip, MKULTRA, the Kennedy assassination, the Church Commission, or other topics that fall under the banner of deep politics.

Most people don't KNOW about suppressed history and displacing and discrediting even the idea of its existence over the last 60 years is a largely successful tactic.

But many more now do know and the propaganda focus is on preventing those who are still in the dark from seeing the light to slow the loss of national myths. And the US vs Hitler myth is the strongest justification used for American wars and nationalism itself.
This political capital is STILL used to bomb 'less virtuous countries.'

Talk to some humans outside of the parapolitical boards and you'll come to the same conclusion. It just doesn't interest many people.

I do all the time and people are fascinated and pass it on.

Of course, you could interpret that as being a result of successful keyword hijacking and other PSYOP techniques.

Yup.

Or it could point to the likely conclusion that your theories of grand, expensive, tightly-controlled, micromanaged media manipulation to be extremely improbable -- to the point of being almost impossible.

*ACHOO!* Sorry, the straw again....

But feel free to ignore me to trot out your "straw man" slurs for the umpteenth time.

Aw, I couldn't ignore ya, Prof Pan. I don't get to all your arguments against mine but I do make an effort. I'll try harder but I've only got so much bandwith and I don't want to spend it all in one place.

Don't you want to know more about the players in the Paperclip Project or the Johnson Group?

You wrote in another thread that even though the Johnson Group does the White Houses's Christmas shows for the last 20 years, "so what?"

And that since they do some nice videos about community issues tthat they are a typical "middle-of-the-road" outfit.

So if the Mafia gives a few bucks to an orphanage, they are a "middle-of-the-road" outfit?

Remember the Rendon brothers? One does hands-across-the-water peace events with students and the other sells the Iraq War...out of the same office?

This is James Bamford's limited hang-out in Rolling Stone which hides a huge propaganda industry by focusing on one psy-ops warrior named John Rendon. I saw Rendon speak recently using corporate euphemisms about "networks and narratives."
What a creep, a disciple of Goebbels.

Just like Peter Schroeder and the White House's Johnson Group using school kids to hide American complicity in history's worst atrocities.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/8798997/the_man_who_sold_the_war/

(on edit: Removed distracting referrences to previous thread discussions which might give false impressions of my views out of context.)
Last edited by Hugh Manatee Wins on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re: Ezboard and its "glitches."

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:26 pm

on edit: Ah, now these work. Hafta figure this out because the 'convert url links' feature is always on.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.adl.org/Internet_Rumors/prescott.htm">www.adl.org/Internet_Rumors/prescott.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/8798997/the_man_who_sold_the_war/">www.rollingstone.com/poli...d_the_war/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hughmanateewins>Hugh Manatee Wins</A> at: 7/25/06 3:27 pm<br></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby professorpan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:42 pm

Wow, a movie is turned into a book? Holy cow!<br><br>And Clinton, Spielberg and Hanks liked the documentary so much they lent their support? Why, it MUST be a PSYOP!<br><br>And the Johnson Group and the Rendon Group are clearly related because they share the word "group" in their names.<br><br>Damn, Hugh, your evidence is damning and your logic is airtight.<br><br>Professor "Straw Man" Pan<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Re: Professor "Straw Man" Pan

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:04 pm

(Reagan voice): "There you go again!" lol. <br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Wow, a movie is turned into a book? Holy cow!<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>This isn't just some obscure documentary on a shelf, is it?<br>NEXT!<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>And Clinton, Spielberg and Hanks liked the documentary so much they lent their support? Why, it MUST be a PSYOP!<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>Know anything about those boys and their work for the Pentagon and USA, Inc.? Tight as thieves and with a long history.<br>NEXT!<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>And the Johnson Group and the Rendon Group are clearly related because they share the word "group" in their names.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>No, I showed that the same agency can sell war and do nicey-nicey cover projects at the same time. TWICE. As in, both the Rendon Group and Johnson Group. "Cover." What an absurd idea! I must really be paranoid! lol.<br>NEXT!<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Damn, Hugh, your evidence is damning and your logic is airtight.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>Better than yours, it seems.<br>NEXT!<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Professor "Straw Man" Pan<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>Ah, finally you agree. lol.<br><br>Hmm. Are you trying to lull me into over-confidence with these soft pitches? What do you reeeeeeallly mean?<br><br>DOH. Now I'm worried and confused... <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby AlanStrangis » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:12 pm

Though I don't think that The Paper Clip Project is a deliberate keyword hijacking, I do have to agree with HMW that people probably WOULD give a "flying fuck" about the whole shebang, if only they knew about the various "its" in the first place.<br><br>Given the times we live in, I think more instinctive smell test alarms are going off inside peoples' heads.<br><br>I've noticed that with more frequency, friends I've known for a long time are more receptive to some of these subjects when brought up, and such interest has seemed to have a lasting effect.<br><br>I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the "average person". <p></p><i></i>
AlanStrangis

Postby professorpan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:23 pm

Proof, Hugh. Proof. Evidence.<br><br>Come on, I dare you. I double dare you!<br><br>As opposed to assumption, supposition, and speculation. <br><br>It's astounding to watch you insist that your assumptions are proven facts. <br><br>Instead of paying so much attention to the titles of current films, try picking up a book on logic and taking it for a spin. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Postby professorpan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:31 pm

Alan,<br><br>Points well taken. I do think many people would be shocked to learn of the secrets of history. And those secrets should be taught.<br><br>But even the stuff that's out there -- MKULTRA, CIA mucking in global affairs, and the reams of material about the Kennedy assasinations (and related topics) fails to ignite a fire in the mainstream. I'm not dismissive of the average person, just commenting on what I have experienced with many people I've encountered. <br><br>Most people in the U.S. do not even vote. They don't read a newspaper or follow politcs. Many don't even read books. So the argument that an unspecified cabal is micromanaging the entire entertainment industry to the extent that Hugh alleges -- to potentially throw off someone from uncovering or paying attention to information that is readily available -- is not supported by logic, reason, or fact. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:03 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>As opposed to assumption, supposition, and speculation.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Crimes and their cover-ups are investigated using as guidelines to inquiry-<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Means+motive+opportunity.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>So do I.<br><br>Additionaly, I look for past examples to derive <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>theory+precedent+probability in context.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>What else can a rational citizen use to discern clandestine scenarios of manipulation whether as marketing or propaganda?<br><br>The historical evidence is there (I've been dragging it out of the archives relentlessly for a while) and looking around anyone can see that media manipulation has become more widespread than ever. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>The entire field of American commerce and governance is based on intentionally-crafted psychological manipulations working ever-more symbiotically in attempt to stay ahead of the rising media-savvy in the target audence.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>The 25 Rules of Disinformation has some good advice for pitfalls for all of us to avoid. <br><br>Let's go through a few together as a shared guide to reasoning.<br><br>I see a few from your responses to me, Prof Pan. <br>#2- "become incredulous and indignant"<br>#4- "use a straw man"<br>#5- "sidetrack opponents with name-calling and redicule"<br>#9- "play dumb"<br>#10- "associate opponent charge with old news"<br>#14- "demand complete solutions"<br>#18- "emotionalize, antagonize, and goad"<br>#19- "ignore facts, demand impossible proofs <br><br>I'm sure you'd say I was doing<br>#15- "fit the facts to alternate conclusions"<br>#20- "false evidence"<br><br>And, shame on me, I've responded with some playful taunts myself with a bit of exasperation which is <br>#18 "emotionalize, antagonize, and goad"<br><br>But I have presented lots to back me up and many see what I see even if they disagree on some particulars.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.totse.com/en/media/the_media_industrial_complex/rulesofdisinfo173045.html">www.totse.com/en/media/th...73045.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation<br><br> 1. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil<br> 2. Become incredulous and indignant<br> 3. Create rumor mongers<br> 4. Use a straw man<br> 5. Sidetrack opponents w name calling, ridicule<br> 6. Hit and Run<br> 7. Question motives<br> 8. Invoke authority<br> 9. Play Dumb<br> 10. Associate opponent charges with old news<br> 11. Establish and rely upon fall-back positions<br> 12. Enigmas have no solution<br> 13. Alice in Wonderland Logic<br> 14. Demand complete solutions<br> 15. Fit the facts to alternate conclusions<br> 16. Vanish evidence and witnesses<br> 17. Change the subject<br> 18. Emotionalize, Antagonize, and Goad<br> 19. Ignore facts, demand impossible proofs<br> 20. False evidence<br> 21. Call a Grand Jury, Special Prosecutor<br> 22. Manufacture a new truth<br> 23. Create bigger distractions<br> 24. Silence critics<br> 25. Vanish <br><br>Let us all try not to accidentally fall back on easy explanations or dismissals.<br><br>Facts are a matter of life and death and deserve to be both found, respected, and shared. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby anotherdrew » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:05 pm

proof? what's he suposed to do? steal memo's from the black bag crowds dumpsters?<br><br>Anyway the CIA or whoever wouldn't have needed to be involved from day 1. I would suggest that it hit their radar AFTER the germans wrote about it, then it was 'suggested' to a Wash. Post editor that they run with it and promote it, everything else could have largely run on it's own from there, getting this film group involved wouldn't have taken more than a phone call as it sounds like they're already 'in the bag'. Total effect? minimal, but total investemnt? also minimal.<br><br>One thing I note: every bit of writting about this project these kids have been involved in (and it must be three or four classes of kids later after all as it went on for years).... it's _all_ about 6 million Jews, as if no other group worth even mentioning was systematicly targeted and killed in the nazi's camps.<br><br>Outside the camps, the war killed something on the order of 50 million people all over the world, many in Russia (like maybe 20 million I think?). They are TOTALLY ignoring the whole picture. now there's some hijacking... <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=anotherdrew>anotherdrew</A> at: 7/25/06 5:08 pm<br></i>
anotherdrew

PreviousNext

Return to Media and Information Technology