america has truly screwed up in i-rak

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

america has truly screwed up in i-rak

Postby bigearth » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:57 am

watched a documentary last night called no end in sight

To a large extent the film consists of interviews with the people who were involved in the initial Iraqi occupation authority and the ORHA (the Office for Reconstruction and Humanitarian Assistance, later replaced by the CPA, the Coalition Provisional Authority). Thirty-five people are interviewed, many of them former Bush loyalists who have since become disillusioned by what they experienced at the time. In particular, many of those interviewed claim that the inexperience of the core members of the Bush administration — and their refusal to seek, acknowledge or accept input from more experienced outsiders — was at the root of the disastrous occupation effort.

for me it was little new. i knew of bu$h's criminal cabal using people who were died-in-the-wool repugs, INSTEAD of talented americans who could DO A GOOD JOB. i've also seen Between Iraq and a Hard Place (check the amount of awards! all justifiable, i STRONGLY URGE YOU TO WATCH IT), so i knew a lot about the bungling incompetance of dark chicanery's criminal administration. donald rumsfeld is one person i f*cking HATE, i can assure you of that..i can't decide between him and dark chicanery which one i'd like to see 6 foot under first..but they both deserve it.

the horrors they have unleashed on the iraqi people are unimaginable to most people, let alone most americans..and constiute, imo, a crime against humanity.

if this CRIMINAL and CORRUPT cabal really hasn't fucked up iraq DELIBERATELY (chaos = profit + more oil smuggling), then they are SO PATHETICALLY INEPT, that it beggers belief why these people have stayed at the top of american politics for so long..

dark chicanery is a criminal. him and rumsfeld should be IN JAIL. monkey-boy can just fuck off, he's too simple to know what's going on..he's just a sad testament to the collective stupidity of the american people that a fool like that can get to be prezdent.

EVEN NOW there are still people who would vote for the prick!

american fucked up iraq. big time.

Warning on 'dire' Iraq conditions
By Imogen Foulkes
BBC News, Geneva

A woman collects an aid package from the Iraqi Red Crescent in Baghdad (23/09/2008)
The Red Cross says it cannot provide basic services indefinitely

The Red Cross is warning that despite some improvements in security in Iraq, the condition of the country's infrastructure remains dire.

In a statement issued from their headquarters in Geneva, the Red Cross said it was particularly concerned about poor water supplies.

It estimates that over 40% of Iraq's civilian population still has no access to clean mains water.

The organisation says that the health of millions Iraqis is at risk.

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) describes the condition of Iraq's health, water and sanitation services as dire - failing to meet the needs of a large part of the population.

Following this summer's outbreak of cholera, Beatrice Megevand Roggo, Red Cross Head of Operations for the Middle East, said she was especially concerned about the lack of clean water supplies.

Ms Megevand Roggo said even the most basic infrastructure in Iraq is not functioning.

The Red Cross agrees security has improved recently in some parts of Iraq and this has allowed the organisation to expand its operations.

But, the ICRC insists, it can not be expected to provide basic services indefinitely.

"There is only so much a humanitarian organisation can do," said Ms Megevand Roggo.

"Their own responsibility is also something that matters a lot - you cannot only count on humanitarians to solve the problems of a country like Iraq."

That is a clear message to the government in Baghdad, and to the coalition forces.

Now that, five-and-a-half years after the overthrow of Saddam Hussein, the violence has finally begun to abate; the authorities should not wait too long to start providing the simple necessities of normal life.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 696641.stm
. is it a wise man, who knows that he is not wise
. it's good to have cynicism but not be cynical
. the more truth you live with, in your life, the stronger you are
. intelligence is merely an attitude to knowledge and learning
bigearth

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby bigearth » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:21 am

related:

WHAT IS THE IRAQ COMMISSION?

Britain stands at a crossroads. With a change of Government leadership this summer, there is a unique opportunity to examine the future of our commitment in Iraq.

The Foreign Policy Centre (FPC), in partnership with Channel 4, has facilitated a UK Iraq Commission – the British equivalent of the US Iraq Study Group.

The Iraq Commission is an independent, cross-party Commission that will produce recommendations on the future of Britain's role in Iraq. Full remit

It is jointly Chaired by Lord Ashdown of Norton-sub-Hamdon, Baroness Jay of Paddington and Lord King of Bridgwater. The Chairs will be supported by nine Commissioners.

The Commission will examine all possible options for Britain's future role in Iraq and will consider evidence from a wide range of viewpoints. The Final Report will be delivered to the incoming Prime Minister and the leaders of the main political parties. Make a Submission

Lord Ashdown said, "One of the greatest international challenges of our time is bringing peace and security to Iraq. It is both in Britain’s national interest, and a moral obligation, that a way forward is found for Iraq and its people."

Baroness Jay said, "The Iraq Commission aims to produce a long term strategy for Britain’s role in Iraq – this will incorporate the challenges of reconstruction, rebuilding and humanitarian relief efforts, as well as security for the Iraqi people and British troops."

Lord King said, "The current situation threatens the stability of the region, and has major implications for the world as a whole. It is up to policy makers on all sides to consider how best to help resolve it, and enhance the security of Iraq itself and the region."

http://www.channel4.com/news/microsites ... report.pdf
. is it a wise man, who knows that he is not wise
. it's good to have cynicism but not be cynical
. the more truth you live with, in your life, the stronger you are
. intelligence is merely an attitude to knowledge and learning
bigearth

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to The "War on Terror"