Pretext for attacking Syria?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Pretext for attacking Syria?

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:42 am

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Debka is pretty much a psy-war clearinghouse, so this may be important, even if the story's false. Syria hasn't risen to the bait, so perhaps this will be the justification for a first strike.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>DEBKAfile’s military sources disclose: Hizballah’s rocket offensive against Israel is orchestrated from a rear command located in the Syrian town of Anjar</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>August 7, 2006, 12:41 PM (GMT+02:00)<br><br>While Israeli officials keep on insisting that Syria must be kept out of the conflict, the fact is that the Assad regime is already in it up to their ears – with a leading role in the Hizballah rocket attacks on northern Israel.<br><br>The command which coordinates the pace of those attacks is located at the Anjar base of the Syrian Army’s 10th Division opposite the Lebanese town of Az Zabdani. It is manned by Iranian and Hizballah officers, who take their orders from a Syrian military intelligence center in Damascus to which Iranian Revolutionary Guards intelligence officers are attached. It is headed by a general from one of Syria’s surface missile brigades. This joint command is provided with the most up-to-date intelligence and electronic data available to Syria on targets in Israel and IDF movements. The timing and tempo of Hizballah rocket strikes are set according to that information.<br><br>To keep the rockets coming without interruption, the joint Hizballah-Syrian-Iranian command is also responsible with keeping Hizballah supplied with an inflow of rockets and launchers. They use smuggling rings to slip the supplies into Lebanon by mule and donkey which ply the 5,000-7,000 feet mountain paths that straddle the Syrian-Lebanese frontier.<br><br>A senior Israeli officer told DEBKAfile: We can go on bombing Lebanon for many weeks, but that will not stop the rockets.. <br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=3067">www.debka.com</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Pretext for attacking Syria?

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:12 am

It sounds like a pretext.<br><br>Its very conveinient. Its probably true too. Maybe there is no Iranian involvement tho. Syria has always been into lebanon, well since the 50s or whatever, pre Golan Hts getting taken off them.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>While Israeli officials keep on insisting that Syria must be kept out of the conflict, the fact is that the Assad regime is already in it up to their ears – with a leading role in the Hizballah rocket attacks on northern Israel.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>I guess on one level thats not to different to what the arabs are supposed to be saying about the US.<br><br>Instead of saying they hate US for its freedoms they should be sayint the truth. They hate the US cos its been playing Syria to Israel's Hizbolla for the last 60 years. <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Pretext for attacking Syria?

Postby bvonahsen » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:13 am

I don't know if that would do it. I would think they would need a real incident for a pretext. Though... perhaps if this is made into a big deal in the media and <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>then</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> there is some event, maybe that would be enough.<br><br>And perhaps they'd like to know the results of tomorrows primaries to sort of guage the general mood. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Return to The "War on Terror"