Things go boom Aug. 22?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Things go boom Aug. 22?

Postby the wrong tree » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:23 pm

Maybe?<br><br>[link=http://www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm]www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm[/link] <p></p><i></i>
the wrong tree

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Things go boom Aug. 22?

Postby the wrong tree » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:25 pm

Sorry, here's the link again:<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm">www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
the wrong tree

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:33 pm

Barking up, wrongtree. Oops did I just bite? <p></p><i></i>
Seamus OBlimey

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:33 pm

Drudge Report, eh..? <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Stand easy

Postby Bismillah » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:38 pm

<i>"This might well be deemed an appropriate date for the apocalyptic ending of Israel and if necessary of the world. It is far from certain that Mr. Ahmadinejad plans any such cataclysmic events precisely for Aug. 22. But it would be wise to bear the possibility in mind."</i><br><br>"Far from certain." Well, that's one way of putting it. Bernard Lewis is a notorious raving rightwing ideologue and originator of the cant phrase "clash of civilizations" (which Samuel Huntingdon admits he borrowed from him.)<br><br>A Lewis quote from Spring 2003: <br><br>“I have no doubt that September 11 was the opening salvo of the final battle."<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2004/0411.hirsh.html">www.washingtonmonthly.com...hirsh.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <p></p><i></i>
Bismillah

Postby the wrong tree » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:56 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>A Lewis quote from Spring 2003:<br><br>“I have no doubt that September 11 was the opening salvo of the final battle."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>I had no idea. <br><br>I just thought the original item was interesting. <p></p><i></i>
the wrong tree

Lewis

Postby yathrib » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:02 pm

<br>“I have no doubt that September 11 was the opening salvo of the final battle."<br><br>Yeah... Well to point out the obvious, Lewis sounds pretty apocalyptic himself. And what about our president and his "voices?" Hmm? <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=yathrib>yathrib</A> at: 8/8/06 2:03 pm<br></i>
yathrib

Postby StarmanSkye » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:08 pm

"It is far from certain that Mr. Ahmadinejad plans any such cataclysmic events precisely for Aug. 22."<br><br>Real World Translation: There is far less evidence for Iran's Ahmadinejad planning a catclysmic event for Aug. 22 than that the US, urged on by fanatical Millenialist Christian Fundies, is preparing a full-scale military attack on Syria and/or Iran, egging Israel on to provoke Syria to provide a convincing pretext c/o world PR or, failing that, using the opportunity of Mossad-protected Hisbollah retaliatory rocket attacks to justify Israel's military attack -- which the US can then join on behalf of aiding an ally."<br><br><br>"In Islam as in Judaism and Christianity, there are certain beliefs concerning the cosmic struggle at the end of time -- Gog and Magog, anti-Christ, Armageddon, and for Shiite Muslims, the long awaited return of the Hidden Imam, ending in the final victory of the forces of good over evil, however these may be defined." <br><br>Or, conversely, with minor word substitution:<br><br>"In Christianity as in Judaism and Islam, there are certain beliefs concerning the cosmic struggle at the end of time -- Gog and Magog, anti-Christ, Armageddon, and for Fundamental Christians, the long awaited return of the Second Coming of Christ, ending in the final victory of the forces of good over evil, however these may be defined." <br><br>Dangerous warmonger zealots and reckless political traitors playing Nuclear Chicken, placing their fellow-citizens and untold millions of innocents at risk in order to act-out their power-obsessed fantasies and provide constructive chaos opportunity for even greater profits and exploitation. And not incidentally, to cover-up and obscure the PTB's long history of fraud, corruption, abuse of power, atrocities, betrayal, racketerring, murder, and war crimes.<br><br>We can only hope the oral history lesson of how society failed to defend modern civilization and democracy will survive the rebuilding of libraries and universities, perhaps in a thousand years or more, so as cities are created again and humanity gropes for new institutions of government the same mistakes can be avoided.<br><br>Hopefully.<br>Meanwhile: Pash da boddle, Mates! (My, aren't those pretty flashing, speckled lights!!)<br>Starman <p></p><i></i>
StarmanSkye

Return to The "War on Terror"