Ever hear of Waziristan? You will.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Ever hear of Waziristan? You will.

Postby yesferatu » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:41 pm

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://donklephant.com/2006/09/06/did-we-just-lose/">did we just lose?</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>The Musharraf/Taliban deal. <br><br>Afghanistan is nothing but bad news lately, btw. <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Re: Ever hear of Waziristan? You will.

Postby * » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:45 pm

<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>To understand what this means, go back to our original purpose in invading Afghanistan. The government of Afghanistan, the Taliban, had an intimate relationship with Al Qaeda in the years leading up to 9/11. The Taliban gave Al Qaeda a safe haven in which to train and house recruits, a ‘home’ where Al Qaeda leaders could meet and plan.<br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br> "Our original purpose in invading Afghanistan" was as a <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>trainer war</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> to capture the rage of 911 lest it burn off harmlessly before the <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>real</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> permawar got off the ground. And, of course, to secure the <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1984459.stm">oil pipeline deal</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br> Al Qaeda was/is a CIA construct.<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Ever hear of Waziristan? You will.

Postby yesferatu » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:19 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>a trainer war to capture the rage of 911 lest it burn off harmlessly before the real permawar got off the ground.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>I think you hit on it. Military analysis of Afghanistan is lost on me for just the reason you cite. "Objectives", "strategies", is all hot air bloviating by men who take their deception seriously. <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Return to The "War on Terror"