telling the truth

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

telling the truth

Postby smithtalk » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:23 pm

this is not so much a story as just a great little bit of truth telling,<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,1869127,00.html">www.guardian.co.uk/commen...27,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>the guardians comment is free section has a piece by richard perle explaining how britain always shits on its 'visionary' leaders like blair and thatcher and churchill, <br>yeah good stuff i know,<br>but was is hilarious is the responses, i just wonder wether perle reads them<br><br>gulfbridge, September 10, 2006 01:13 AM<br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>What's this? The 'Prince of Darkness' scuttles out from whichever convenient tomb he's been hiding in of late to defend the neo-con's useful dupe in Britain.<br>Obviously, Perle's list of America's best would NOT include Jefferson, Washington, Lincoln or Roosevelt. No, just Tricky Dicky and Dubya.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>clevername, September 10, 2006 01:36 AM<br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>This thread will not end well.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>amberglow, September 10, 2006 01:49 AM<br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"Support for Saddam ... will collapse at the first whiff of gunpowder," predicted Richard Perle.<br>more on Perle from Sourcewatch--from getting paid by arms manufacturers to get deals to having to resign from both the Pentagon AND Defense Policy Boards under ethical clouds and conflicts of interest, etc.<br>We should listen to anything Perle says why exactly?</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>downsman, September 10, 2006 02:03 AM<br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Mr Perle perhaps it's about time you eased off on the ill-conceived and patently disastrous warmongering, and started repaying the Hollinger shareholders who were so royally fleeced while you were Conrad Black's favourite 'no questions asked' non-executive director. </em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Chewtoy, September 10, 2006 02:46 AM<br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Come on Richard, we're not interested on your view of our megalomaniac leaders. Instead why don't you tell us how you used your position as chairman of the Defense Policy Board Advisory Committee to financially profit from the war in Iraq through your business dealings with Saudi investors and Trireme Partners LLP.<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?030317fa_fact">www.newyorker.com/fact/co...317fa_fact</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br></em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>SmooveJ, September 10, 2006 04:02 AM<br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Bad dream stop<br>Richard Perle still alive stop<br>Richard Perle still writing tripe stop<br>Guardian granting Richard Perle a forum for his tripe stop</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>MikeWM, September 10, 2006 04:45 AM<br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Richard Perle? Oh dear.<br>So, I should be grateful for Tony Blair invading Iraq and allowing Lebanon to be 'put back 20 years', and massively increasing the risk of my bring blown up by terrorists fuelled by the failures of our foreign policy? Err, well, no.<br>What seems to annoy Richard Perle is that the British public is a little less gullible, and not willing to blindly defer to their politicians, than the American public, who are treated with utter contempt by an administration who tells them of demons similar to Hitler and Lenin. We take a while to wake up, but eventually we get there.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Kimpatsu, September 10, 2006 04:59 AM<br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Tony Blair is corrupt, authoritarian, vain, thin-skinned, and contemptuous of the electorate. If that is the best of British, then the country is finished. Interestingly, Richard Perle seems to think that these are excellent qualities in a politician.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <p></p><i></i>
smithtalk

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to The "War on Terror"