U.S. Embassy in Syria somewhat attacked

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: re:attacks

Postby AlicetheCurious » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:45 am

Yeah, well, who knows... But my bet is still on the Syrians themselves turning the tables on the US with its unbelievably convenient and helpful "Islamic terrorists".<br><br>I think that the Syrians used "Jund al-Islam", which was previously used for attacking Syria and Hezbullah, as a mischievous poke at the US.<br><br>One reason why I doubt that the US or Israel is implicated in this particular case, is the bungling nature of the operation, which was also exceptionally low-tech, in line with Syria's capabilities. The US and Israel seem unable to control their love of suspiciously high technology, and total overkill, as in the Rafik Hariri, WTC and Madrid Bombings, and some of the more bloody "resistance" attacks in Iraq. As for the Syrians, the fact that 3 of the 4 terrorists were killed outright and the fourth was captured, while everyone else was simply wounded, makes sense if the terrorists were patsies. It would have been too, too odd if they'd been killed but there had been no civilian casualties in this terrorist attack.<br><br>If I'm right, the Syrians are at least trying to buy some time; they look into the US' eyes, and they see some scary bloodlust there. In this particular case, if I'm right, I think they did a very smart thing.<br> <p></p><i></i>
AlicetheCurious

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to The "War on Terror"