Air Force chief: Test weapons on US crowds

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Air Force chief: Test weapons on US crowds

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:52 am

I think your words are ambiguous.<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>This sounds reasonable to me, that is, if they don't cause any permanent harm. We currently use teargas, I don't see much of a problem with loud directed acoustic devices (there is a question on wherther or not directed microaves are truely harmless. I suspect they are not.) <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>When you have a riot, you have to have some means of crowd control.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Who defines "riot"? Who defines "permanent harm"? Please, don't go there. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:39 am

Afterall, we are talking about human experimentation on unwilling subjects. I'm just asking that you think about it. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:42 am

This story is pre-emptive psychological warfare to ward off a return of 'the sixties.'<br><br>I think the sight of persistent crowds in Mexico protesting the theft of their election combined with a new virus spreading amongst Americans called PTSD (Post Thermate Swindle Discovery) has the controllers fearful of America's streets also filling up with angry citizens so some 'dissuading' weapon stories are being floated in hopes of keeping as many as possible at home watching the movie 'Nacho Libre' on TV instead. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:02 am

Ok, bvon, how do I explain our differences? Once you accept that there are "legitimate" excuses for human experimentation on unwilling subjects, you are skidding on black ice before you realize what is happening, unable to control the direction of your skid. See, I've lived in Minnesota before, even driven many, many times on plowed highways across frozen lakes, but black ice is the worst. One winter day I was headed up 52 from Rochester toward the Cities. The hiways looked totally clear. All of a sudden, my vehicle was moving from the left lane to the right lane without me steering it there, still going forward, luckily, and luckily no one was in the right lane. I think it had misted not long before, whatever, but I had no control of the direction. One little wrong dip and I could have been spinning instead of moving from one lane to another, but it was so smooth, no one noticed. That's human experimentation. You're just not in control. <br><br>But, I DO agree that we shouldn't use this kind of experimentation on people of other countries, either. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 9/13/06 12:34 am<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby bvonahsen » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:11 am

from Rochester? I lived in Rochester for most of my life. small world.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Who defines "riot"? Who defines "permanent harm"? Please, don't go there.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Yes, I understand what you're saying. But turn that around, Should there be no limits at all? If mobs start roaming the streets and then they start to escalate their violence, if no one, no police, nobody, will challenge them, what then? You just let that happen? We've had these rpblems up here in the cities after a hocky game or some sporting even. Crowds of college age kids just start randomly trashing things because they are drunk and charged up after the game. Someone has to do something and that isn't going to be just a couple of police. That is why there are riot squads. In any large city that is just a fact of life.<br><br>Balance in all things. I don't want anarchy any more than I want a police state.<br><br>On the other hand... <br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.boingboing.net/2006/09/12/air_force_chief_says.html">boingboing link</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>In the CNN article they talk about directed microwave energy. I have <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>real</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> issues with that and I have been avoiding mentioning it because it is a non starter for me. Those flat ultra-high volume acoustic speakers... those I could see in certain limited cases, but not the microwave energy beams, no way. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:51 am

Pooh, teargas should work just fine on them. And no more games there for a year or two. (Ack, I hate organized sports, can you tell?) Love Rochester. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

testing

Postby blanc » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:22 am

its the implication that weapons will be tested on crowds - ie have not been sufficiently tested as non lethal before use to have a satisfactory profile. btw. agree its a slippery slope, and one covered in fudge around words like riot <p></p><i></i>
blanc

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:40 am

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"Talk shit and our Death Star will zap you.."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Hello, pretext.<br><br> <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby DireStrike » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:20 pm

Yeah, we already have pretty effective anti-riot measures. Teargas, horselines, barriers...<br><br>I marched in the big NY protests of 2004. It was almost eerily calm, nothing like what you would expect a "protest" to be. So many people, all nicely following directions... It doesn't sound like we need new high tech and possibly dangerous toys to do what cops have been doing for decades.<br><br>And it does come down to testing on unwilling victims, which is completely unacceptable. <p></p><i></i>
DireStrike

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:12 pm

Just did a search for where I first heard of this kinda weapon.. <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=greenham+sonic+weapons&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8">Greenham Common</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>Came up with this..<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.raven1.net/phillips.htm">UNIDIR categorizes mind control as a new weapon of mass destruction</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>and..<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.mindjustice.org/emr13.htm">Electromagnetic Radiation (emr) Weapons:<br>As Powerful As The Atomic Bomb</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>I haven't time to read it all now so make of it what you will.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Seamus OBlimey

slippery slope??

Postby yesferatu » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:21 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>agree its a slippery slope<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>What I am about to say is not directed at you, blanc.<br><br>This idea that this is a slippery slope, like we are talking about cloning or something just blows me away.<br><br>THEY WANT TO TEST WEAPONS ON US.<br><br>Is it because they are just saying they would like to do this, and openly unashamedly say so to the media? Because I am thinking that that is all it would have taken in any period to introduce fascism to this putrid country, with hardly a hint of rebellion: just start unashamedly fearlessly announcing fasicst policies. Because that seems to be the ticket. <br>"Well he is in authority and he is announcing it."<br>"Well it <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>might</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> be a slippery slope. Let's debate."<br><br>I see now that all it would ever taken, but more so now, is for the fuckers just to <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>start it up </strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. Just go forward and do it. Just say the things. Publicly, openly. It is time tested. <br><br>"Well he did call us <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>'fellow'</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> citizens...I feel warm and fuzzy." <br><br>keeeeeeeee-riced.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

This is not about really loud speakers.

Postby DBtv » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:42 am

Microwaves boil you from the inside out. <p></p><i></i>
DBtv

Re: This is not about really loud speakers.

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:23 am

On which recent US crowds would <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>anyone</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> here consider the use of microwave weaponry appropriate for law enforcement?<br><br>It's a serious question that I think any supporter of the domestic application of this weaponry needs to answer.<br><br>In fact, I'd suggest that (just about, if not) any civilian application of this weaponry is heinous. <p></p><i></i>
stickdog99

Re: This is about really loud actions.

Postby postrchild » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:11 pm

Absolutely unquestionable. This cannot happen. We should not even be standing for the discussion! This is about using weapons on American Citizens! So wait are they fighting our enemy for our sake or fighting us for our enemy's sake? This is so draconian! I think tear gas and horselines are drastic. I have seen small college riots (2-3,000 ppl) turning over cars, pulling down light posts. Of this crowd only 50-100 dissidents were causing the destruction. But they were ALL pepper sprayed and bullied then corraled into an open area and dispersed.<br><br>If I remeber correctly there were govt funded anarchists inciting the damage/violence in the WTO riots in Seattle. Turning a peaceful protest into a riot, giving the pretext (nasty little word keeps popping up) to treat peacable protesters like rioters. This wouldnt have been thinkable prior to now....whats different? I'll tell you. The desensitization is working wether you like it or not! <p></p><i></i>
postrchild

Re: This is about really loud actions.

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:25 pm

Oh, my, how riots have changed from the days of the anti-war protests of the late 60's to the early seventies. From Wiki:<br><br>"...In 1970-1973, mass rioting and protests against the Vietnam War became violent on campus, with a number of standoffs between protesters and the National Guard. <br><br>In 1986-87, Herb Brooks, the 1980 USA mens olympic hockey coach, became the coach of the Huskies and helped SCSU to achieve Division I status. He also helped to lead efforts to build the National Hockey center (Many of the hockey scenes in the Mighty Ducks was filmed there). A small street was renamed after Brooks near the National Hockey Center in 2004 shortly after his death.<br> <br>In 1988 minor riots erupted over 2 days at the University during their Homecoming week. According to Margaret Vos, the (then) University's Communications Director students were throwing empty beer cans into the Sousaphones as the band marched along the parade route. National Guard troops were called out to quell student unrest over police handling of house parties. As a result, the University cancelled Homecoming parades. No lives were lost or threatened, but furniture and cars were burned.<br> <br>In 1990 students created T-shirts depicting their Husky mascot sodomizing the Gopher mascot of their ice hockey rival the University of Minnesota. The producers of the shirt were eventually forced to conceal the Gopher due to copyright laws, so they put a goalie mask on Goldie Gopher.<br> <br>In 2004 the student body elected a man as Homecoming Queen. As a result the University changed the elected positions to Homecoming Royalty instead of Kings and Queens...." <br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 9/14/06 3:27 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

PreviousNext

Return to The "War on Terror"