I Hereby Declare Myself an Enemy Combatant

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

I Hereby Declare Myself an Enemy Combatant

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:12 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.strike-the-root.com/62/losapio/losapio2.html">www.strike-the-root.com/6...apio2.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>I Hereby Declare Myself an Enemy Combatant<br><br>by Bill Losapio<br><br>October 19, 2006<br><br>‘‘(1) UNLAWFUL ENEMY COMBATANT.—(A) The term ‘unlawful enemy combatant’ means— “a person who has engaged in hostilities or who has purposefully and materially supported hostilities against the United States or its co-belligerents who is not a lawful enemy combatant (including a person who is part of the Taliban, al Qaeda, or associated forces); or ‘‘(ii) a person who, before, on, or after the date of the enactment of the Military Commissions Act of 2006, has been determined to be an unlawful enemy combatant by a Combatant Status Review Tribunal or another competent tribunal established under the authority of the President or the Secretary of Defense.” <br><br>~HR6166, The Definition of Enemy Combatant, ushering in the utter destruction of Habeas Corpus in its mirrored form SB3930 (actually signed into law) <br><br>I hereby declare myself an Unlawful Enemy Combatant. No, I am not, nor have I ever been part of the Taliban, al Qaeda, or associated forces, but I will save a Combat Status Review Tribunal or any other [in]competent tribunal established by Dubya or Rummy the trouble. <br><br>Yes, I know this means I can be tortured under whatever distorted definition of “information gathering” these war criminals utilize to make me admit that I am a terrorist. Maybe by admitting it now, I can save them the trouble of doing that too, but they may do it anyway just for practice. You know, keep the torture machine nicely greased and all that. Don’t want it to get messy, mind you. <br><br>And yes, I know this means I’ll end up in Gitmo or in one of those nifty new Kellogg Brown and Root Detention Centers . But I would suffer the fate of demons should I make a whore of my soul, to paraphrase another Unlawful Enemy Combatant. Why do I consider myself even remotely capable of being labeled this way? <br><br>Posted on www.whitehouse.gov, the National Security Council’s “Strategy for Winning the War on Terror” states the following: <br><br>“Subcultures of conspiracy and misinformation. Terrorists recruit more effectively from populations whose information about the world is contaminated by falsehoods and corrupted by conspiracy theories. The distortions keep alive grievances and filter out facts that would challenge popular prejudices and self-serving propaganda.” <br><br>On Monday, October 16, 2006 , Fatherland Security Chief Chertoff stated that an “area of concern” is the threat of “plots involving local communities, American citizens, who may become radicalized over the Internet . . . .” <br><br>It is clear: the next front of control is the blogosphere and the alternative news media. By contributing towards the “subculture” exposing the fascist nightmare oozing out of D.C., I must be necessarily “keeping alive grievances” that make our population a ripe recruiting ground for bad people. <br><br>Any parent can quickly imagine how horrible it would feel being forcibly separated from one’s children. Any parent would sacrifice lofty ideals to see their children and loved ones protected from the ugliness of the world, and from suffering. We are willing to tolerate so much just to have the chance to watch our children grow up happy. Never did I think that I would find myself dragged to the horrible grey area between keeping my mouth shut in the hopes that nothing bad would happen, or risk persecution (no exaggeration) for speaking out against these travesties of freedom in the fear that the future for my children fades to bleakness. Economic margin theory now comes into play. We must now make the determination within our own value systems as individuals: Is the future in which our children must live too horrible to contemplate for those who value liberty? Are the ever-increasing chances of this nightmare becoming real high enough now that we can no longer sit on the sidelines hoping it will fix itself? <br><br>Keep our mouths shut and hope for the best, or speak out in defiance against this nightmarish Orwellian veil descending on our lives -- though that exposes us to renegade kangaroo proceedings with the real chance of being held indefinitely with no charges filed, and no ability to even see the evidence against us. I’m afraid for many of us who see the writing on the wall, this quandary looms quite closely overhead. <br><br>Come and get me, you sons of bitches! I will not suffer this farcical disgrace. I will not silence myself in the hope that maybe this evil machine of injustice, oppression, and horror overlooks me, though I, of all that is good and decent, expose my family to God knows what. By writing this article, I may very well have doomed myself to a first class ticket to the KBR Camp o’ Horrors. <br><br>Has it come to this? Am I hallucinating? Is this really what is going on in this country? I sit typing this, pausing, looking around, thinking “I’m sure I’m not just reflecting on a really bad nightmare I might have had last night . . . .” <br><br>Have you not seen the legislation, now law? Are you so foolish as to think that “it will only be used against bad people . . . terrorists . . . . It’s just to keep us safe”? <br><br>To those who believe this childishness, to those frightened sheep who do not wish to rock the boat, or who either misguidedly or in brown-shirt fashion support this travesty against humanity, I say, “Beware the father who fears for his children’s future.” I offer you, in closing, the following quote from Samuel Adams: <br><br>"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say, 'What should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship, and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!" <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
MASONIC PLOT

Re: I Hereby Declare Myself an Enemy Combatant

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:16 pm

Sam Adams would probably be considered an enemy combatant these days. <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I Hereby Declare Myself an Enemy Combatant

Postby 4911 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:30 pm

înteresting point, JH. What other patriotic heros of yore would be deemed terrorist slime these days and why?<br><br>Anyone got any ideas? <p></p><i></i>

clear out

Postby blanc » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:01 am

having major clear out of living space yesterday I came across pot of american coins left from visit 6 yrs ago. they have "liberty " written on them. any museum collecting these? <p></p><i></i>
blanc

Re: clear out

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:37 am

I dunno that much about us history, but I did hear (via writer Micheal Ventura) that Sam Adams refused to sign the declaration of independance, or the constitution because there was no bill of rights attatched. He was governer of Mass. a powerful state at the time. Someone with a better knowledge of US history might want to find out the exact details.<br><br>However in australia, the Eureka miners uprising was once considered a vital part of Australian History. These days such worker solidarity is frowned on and legislated against, but it was a fundamental event in the development of Australian democracy. Pity Aussie democracy has been dead for decades. <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

How to Make a Power Grab 'Mundane'

Postby NavnDansk » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:51 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.matrix54.com/forums/watchman/viewtopic.php?t=5633&sid=57b600bf4033dc28e93ddc336c4bc4bd">www.matrix54.com/forums/w...336c4bc4bd</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>How to Make a Power Grab 'Mundane'<br>By James Bovard, Editor & Publisher, 10/18/06<br><br>The Washington Post's story today -- "Bush Signs Terrorism Measure" -- looks like just another routine report on the approval of a piece of legislation, accompanied by the usual "he said/ she said" quotes. A typical reader might shrug at this point and shift to the sports section to read the latest autopsy on the Redskins.<br><br>How will we know when a dictatorship has arrived? Not from reading the Washington Post. The Post’s story today -- “Bush Signs Terrorism Measure” -- looks like just another routine report on the approval of a piece of legislation, accompanied by the usual “he said/ she said” balancing quotes. The Military Commissions Act is widely seen as legalizing torture, but the article avoids any such mention of the T-word. Though the act revolutionizes American jurisprudence by permitting the use of tortured confessions in judicial proceedings, the Post discretely notes only that defendants will face “restrictions on their ability to ... exclude evidence gained through witness coercion.” <br><br>...and this is how the Washington Post and much of the Establishment media portray almost every government seizure of power. It is never a question of looming tyranny: instead, it is only a question of different perspectives on how best to serve the American public. Waiting for the Washington press corps to sound the alarm on Leviathan is like waiting for Bush to renounce his love of power.<br><br>==<br>The Republic is Dead, Long Live the Republic.<br>Year One of the Empire<br>Bush: Resistance is Illogical<br>By Juan Cole, 10/18/06 "Information Clearing House"<br><br>Bush and a supine, cowardly Congress shredded the US Constitution on Tuesday, abolishing the right of a court review (habeas corpus) for some classes of suspect. Suspect, mind you, not proven criminal... <p></p><i></i>
NavnDansk

Re: How to Make a Power Grab 'Mundane'

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:01 am

Here's a quote from Micheal Ventura. Who Is a great American writer, tho I dunno if many of you have heard of him.<br><br>I can't find it online at the moment, but its from a book called <!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">letters at 3 am</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END-->, which is a whole bunch of his LA Weekly columns in the late 80s early 90s. This one is from a chapter/column called <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The Burner of Eden</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>...But it isn't only the White House and the Pentagon that want this censorship - polls show that the American people don't think the press is censored enough. The government doesn't want people to see the real war, <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>and the people are demanding not to know.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> (<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>i</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> his.)<br><br>This is the beginning of the death of the republic. When the people clamour to be shielded from reality, when they praise their government for keeping things from them, when they choose to live their lives within the limits of whatever fantasy the government supplies, they are no longer concenting to be governed, they are begging to be ruled.<br><br>The elements of totalitarianism are in place. Totalitarianism is not something imposed from above. It takes "totality" to implement totalitarianism: a collaboration between citizens who no longer want to exercise choice and rulers who don't want to let thewm choose. A dictatorship (such as Sadam Husseins) is the rule of one man or party imposed by force; in totalitarianism whole segments of society - the bureaucracy of the Soviet union or the middle class of nazi germany - collude with the military for the sake of order. Order, clarity and efficiency, whether illusory or not, become the prevailing ideals; liberty, individual conscience and complexity become contemptible. What we are seeing in the United States now is the exhilaration, shared by the masses and the elite, that comes when a totalitarian system is in the first states of jelling.<br><br>That doesn't mean its inevitable.....<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Re: How to Make a Power Grab 'Mundane'

Postby AlicetheCurious » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:09 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>...to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth...<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>"the dogs of war" -- perfect, not just the military, but the whole propaganda apparatus behind it, panting and leaping, mindlessly barking, viciously attacking those who have done them no harm, when their masters command. "us" being the millions of people, some in countries most Americans never heard of, whose lives have become a living hell. <p></p><i></i>
AlicetheCurious

Return to The "War on Terror"