Secrets of the Tatra Cave

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Secrets of the Tatra Cave

Postby Ziggin' and a Zaggin' » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:51 am

I did a search of the RI discussion board and forums for this story and I didn't find any relevant hit. For those who have no knowledge of this, I think it's at least a compelling story. The illustrious J. Allen Hynek was even interested in it. I don't believe he ever got around to checking it out personally however.

Secrets of the Tatra Cave : "the tale of mining engineer Tony Horak, a Czech who escaped from Nazi Labor Camps, joined the guerilla resistance, survived WWII, endured persecution by Communists, and ultimately immigrated to America in the early 1950s. Oh and he also survived an assault by the Nazi army that killed everyone in his battalion but he and two others only to be saved by a local sheep herder who took them to a cave to hide, wherein Tony discovered a strange giant ancient black artifact, prehistoric cave bear bones and teeth and underneath that ... a metal grating through which Tony heard distant machinery and felt heat coming up from below. Tony eventually told the story to someone other than his wife and this person happened to be interested in UFOs and passed the lead on to Ted Philips. Ted and mentor J. Allen Hynek planned an expedition to Czechoslovakia but the political climate prevented it. Then in the late 1990s Ted asked then UFOlogical darling Joe Firmage to help fund an expedition. He did and on the second visit Ted Philips located the cave"(source)

A more complete account can be found here.

(edited for spelling)
Ziggin' and a Zaggin'

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Other