Is it me, or is something wrong with the board?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Is it me, or is something wrong with the board?

Postby StillRebelYell » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:34 pm

My RebelYell sign on won't work, the board has a completely different look today, including a different font.<br><br>Does anyone else notice this? <p></p><i></i>
StillRebelYell

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Is it me, or is something wrong with the board?

Postby robertdreed » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:39 pm

I'm having a dreadful time getting byond the exboard discussion topic page, personally. But that may just be an effect of my Paleolithic dial-up connection, which is ranging between 33.6k and 50.6k today. <br><br>And somehow, I've "received" almost 6 million bytes in less than an hour...but compared to my usual Internet foraging, I haven't been anywhere! <p></p><i></i>
robertdreed

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:43 pm

Jeff did change the background color yesterday, RebelYell, the fonts look the same to me. <p></p><i></i>
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby vicefairy » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:05 pm

I check in here once or twice a day. Today has been the first time I have experienced trouble with the discussion board. Also, the font and point size has definitely changed. Oddly, this is the first time I have posted here. Go figure... <p></p><i></i>
vicefairy

Postby StillRebelYell » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:25 pm

It appears to be back to "normal" now. <p></p><i></i>
StillRebelYell

Postby professorpan » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:41 pm

I've been having intermittent problems, mostly *excessively* slow load times, but other funkiness/flakiness as well. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

brd troubles

Postby Dreams End » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:25 am

There was a period of time today where the font was different. Also, for threads with multiple pages of posts, after the page numbers appeared the instructions, "click on number to go directly to page" or something like that. Maintenance by EZBoard?<br><br>I'm having lots of slow load times. I love Firefox browser...I just open some other page in a different tab while I'm waiting. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

mercury in retrograde

Postby sw » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:47 am

edit
Last edited by sw on Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw

Postby anotherdrew » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:05 am

robertdreed: <!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>And somehow, I've "received" almost 6 million bytes in less than an hour...but compared to my usual Internet foraging, I haven't been anywhere!<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>This proably means you have some nasty "spy-ware/mal-ware/trojan infecting your PC, probably of the 'downloader' type. God only know's what it's makeing your computer download. Check for suspecious processes running and get AdAware and "spybot search and destroy" to check your machine. Many 'anti-virus' programs miss these types of things.<br><br>My only problem with the board latley is an inability to spell check anything. Anyone else got that? <p></p><i></i>
anotherdrew

re:'is it me, or...'

Postby rain » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:20 am

mercury retrograde - planetary stuff is just an 'extension', if you like of 'the weather'. hot, cold; sunny, wet; what to wear? take a brollie? mind the puddles. giving it 'power' is just as silly as the righteous debunkers. and IMO, the reason we have righteous debunkers, especially the rabid religio, is so that certain groups can get on with what they're doing nice and quietly. what? you think they don't know all about this!<br><br>something wrong with the board/internet - very noticeable over the last two weeks or so. all kinds of weird and wonderful, frustrating and annoying antics. gotta say, it seems like more than just intentional manipulation, although that's certainly there. so don't laugh if I ponder 'hmm, gamma rays?'<br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Return to Other