edit

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

edit

Postby sw » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:31 pm

edit
Last edited by sw on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw

Blog: View Blog (0)

sw

Postby Homeless Halo » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:16 pm

welcome to America. <p></p><i></i>
Homeless Halo

Re: Flip off my 15 year old?

Postby manxkat » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:23 pm

What an amazing 15 year old you have, sw. Very encouraging to know that she's willing to stand up for other people's equal rights. That took courage. Excellent!<br><br>As for the parents flipping her off -- boy, they sure showed their true colors. Christians....... not!<br><br>Thanks for sharing the story. <p></p><i></i>
manxkat

Courage of one's Convictions

Postby StarmanSkye » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:33 pm

WoW, so cool SW -- The example of your daughter standing-up for basic Human Rights and supporting the principles of decency, dignity and respect for others is REAL encouraging -- these are the people I think of as modern Heros, that inspire me and make me think there IS hope for our nation and world after all. How proud you must be of her -- and it speaks of the values you've been able to impart to her, the ability for her to think and act on her own -- this, despite the terrific struggles you've evidently had in overcoming and reconciling your own demons and the legacy of abuse -- Hear-Hear and Hatz OFF!<br><br>Thanks for sharing this story.<br><br>The 'parents' who disparaged the stand of your daughter and other activists, even flipping them off -- boy, that sure reflects on their hopelessly-muddled 'moral' sensibilities and their intellectual cowardice --or sheer mental laziness-- in following the 'path' of least resistance, ie. class-mediated societal expectations of their upwardly-mobile, meritted-privelege 'conservative' values, adopting the 'stand' of vicious, hyper-reactionary outrage -- mostly-unconsciously and unquestioningly following their status-quo-maintaining sheeple-programming, and focussing on a relatively trite 'issue' that acts as a major distraction from the MUCH more critical issues facing this nation such as endemic, institutionalized corruption, crimes, war-crimes, lies, cover-up, lack-of-accountability, abuse of power, treason and incompetance and felonious misfeasance, etc. (Oh-MY!). We all (here, mostly) know the outline.<br><br>Wiil ya tell your daughter for me Cheers!, and that her initiative is inspiring?<br><br>This example sure shows how today's GOP-befuddled 'conservatives' have NO understanding or appreciation for the liberal idealism that is America's greatest (if not sole) redeeming characteristic.<br><br>Starman <p></p><i></i>
StarmanSkye

Return to Other