Woman Missing Since She Was 14 Is Found

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Woman Missing Since She Was 14 Is Found

Postby thoughtographer » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:24 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>(03-23) 08:46 PST McKeesport, Pa. (AP) --<br><br>For 10 years, Tanya Nicole Kach says she was told that her parents didn't want her, that she was stupid and no one cared about her but the middle school security guard who was keeping her in his home.<br><br>It took her a decade to build the confidence to come forward, but on Wednesday she finally learned the truth as she hugged her father, Jerry Kach, in a tearful reunion.<br><br>"He's crying, I'm crying. All he kept saying was, 'I got my baby,'" said Kach, now 24, clutching her father's hand. "I'm touching blood, and I get to say, 'I love you, Dad.'"<br><br>Kach said she was looking forward to seeing her mother on Thursday for the first time since February 1996, when her parents reported her missing.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>For a decade, Kach had been living at the home of Thomas Hose, 48, in the same town where her father lived in a home about two miles away. She had met Hose at her middle school, where he worked as a security guard.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>Allegheny County Police Superintendent Charles Moffatt said Kach wasn't allowed out of the house for the first four years she lived with Hose <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>in a home he shared with his parents </strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->since 1996. She was made to stay in the bedroom when visitors were over.<br><br>"She had no contact with people, other than the people that were in the home," Moffatt said.<br><br>Kach wasn't being held against her will, Moffat said, but Hose used "mind games" to control what she wore and where she went and to convince her that her parents, who are now divorced, didn't care about her. He said the girl had help changing her appearance shortly after she disappeared but wouldn't elaborate.<br><br>Kach described to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review how she was manipulated as a teenager.<br><br>"You're stupid. You're immature," she said Hose told her. "Nobody cares about you but me."<br><br>Hose was jailed Thursday on charges of statutory sexual assault and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse. His attorney, James Ecker, said Hose didn't force Kach to live with him.<br><br>"I don't think you'll find anybody in these United States who says she was held against her will," Ecker said.<br><br>For the last six months Kach would visit J.J.'s Deli Mart two blocks from where she lived in a Pittsburgh suburb, police said. Kach, always neatly dressed, befriended the convenience store owner Joseph Sparico and his family.<br><br>Then, earlier this week, she told Sparico something extraordinary.<br><br>"'My name is not Nikki Allen, it's Tanya Nicole Kach,"' he recalled her saying in a frightened voice. "'If you go to a Web site for missing children, you will see me there.'"<br><br>Sparico said Kach told him she wasn't allowed out after dark, and that she thought nobody wanted her other than her boyfriend, who threatened her.<br><br>He called his son — a retired police officer who recognized Kach's name — and a missing children hot line, helping to reunite the woman with her family.<br><br>"She wanted to be wanted, that's all," Sparico said. "She'd come up to get a pop, a tea, a paper ... she'd confide in me."<br><br>A woman who answered the phone at Hose's house Thursday morning said, "They're not talking," and hung up.<br><br>Kach plans to meet with her mother, Sherri Koehnke, who remarried while her daughter was missing.<br><br>"It's the best ending I could have thought about when I thought about what could have happened to her," Koehnke told WTAE-TV.<br><br>Kach's father, Jerry, said, "I just say thank you, there is a God and he brought my little girl back home."<br><br><br>URL: <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/n/a/2006/03/23/national/a052433S71.DTL">sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...433S71.DTL</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Something doesn't seem quite right here. Thoughts? <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=thoughtographer>thoughtographer</A> at: 3/23/06 3:37 pm<br></i>
thoughtographer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Woman Missing Since She Was 14 Is Found

Postby NewKid » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:08 am

Sounds the Finders-esq. I think we're missing some critical parts here. Let's hope she doesn't turn out like Steven Stayner.<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097553/" target="top">www.imdb.com/title/tt0097553/</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/psychology/kenneth_parnell/10.html" target="top">www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/psychology/kenneth_parnell/10.html</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
NewKid

Postby FranklinCase Admin » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:11 am

I completely agree something is amiss in this story. I have been working vigorously to dig up some dirt, unfortunately I haven't yet had much success, hopefully in the next week as the story develops something will evolve out of the matter.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.franklincase.org">www.franklincase.org</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
FranklinCase Admin

Postby Dreams End » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:22 am

FCA...we are discussing the Franklin Case here:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://p216.ezboard.com/frigorousintuitionfrm10.showMessage?topicID=3632.topic">p216.ezboard.com/frigorou...3632.topic</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Strange affect

Postby Col Quisp » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:10 pm

I saw this on CNN while traveling and thought it was bizarre. Tanya, fully made up, is on camera cuddling with her dad, an aging hippie, who says he's happy to have his little girl back. The whole scene just seemed "wrong," but I can't put my finger on it. As if they both were play-acting. <br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Col Quisp

Acting

Postby FranklinCase Admin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:22 am

It definitely seems as though both the pictures and video played in media is more of an act than reality. It is an eerie reminder to me of the Jean Benet Ramsey murder, which in itself had implications of a conspiracy. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=franklincaseadmin>FranklinCase Admin</A> at: 3/27/06 12:23 am<br></i>
FranklinCase Admin

Re: Acting

Postby NewKid » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:33 am

Franklin, if you had a short paragraph to explain to someone who knew nothing about the franklin case or pedophile rings and politicians, etc., what would you say? Not just about the Franklincase, but in a more general sense to somebody who wouldn't assume that very many people in power or anywhere else in society would have any appetite for that stuff. <p></p><i></i>
NewKid

Re: Acting

Postby FranklinCase Admin » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:33 am

I didn't want to derail this thread, so I started a <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://p216.ezboard.com/frigorousintuitionfrm10.showMessage?topicID=3659.topic">new topic here.</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
FranklinCase Admin

Return to Other