Airline Passengers in Russia must take lie detector tests..

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Airline Passengers in Russia must take lie detector tests..

Postby robertdreed » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:29 pm

sometimes I wonder if there's a unified agenda behind all of the various tactics designed to wear down people with intrusions into their liberty- one tactic gets applied in one nation, another in a different nation... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/04/06/wlie06.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/04/06/ixnewstop.html">www.telegraph.co.uk/news/...wstop.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> Airline passengers face lie detector tests<br>By Adrian Blomfield in Moscow<br>(Filed: 06/04/2006)<br><br>Millions of airline passengers travelling through Russia will soon have to take a lie detector test as part of new security measures.<br><br>The technology, to be introduced at Moscow's Domodedovo airport as early as July, is intended to identify terrorists and drug smugglers. If successful, it could revolutionise check-ins.<br><br>Passengers will pick up the handset of a "truth verifier" machine while they are asked questions. Apparently the machine, developed by an Israeli company, can even establish whether answers come from the memory or the imagination.<br><br>The technology is being used by some insurance companies in Britain to screen telephone claims for fraud.<br><br>"We know that this could be uncomfortable for some passengers but it is a necessary step," said Vladimir Kornilov, the IT director for East Line, which operates the airport.<br><br>At first, only passengers deemed suspicious by the FSB, the security service that succeeded the KGB, will take the test. But it will eventually encompass all passengers.<br><br>"If a person fails, he is accompanied by a guard to a cubicle where he is asked questions in a more intense atmosphere," Mr Kornilov said.<br><br>The machine asks four questions. The first is for full identity, while the second, unnerving in its Soviet-style abruptness, demands: "Have you ever lied to the authorities?" It then asks if the passenger is carrying weapons or narcotics.<br><br>To cut delays to a minimum, passengers will take the test after putting their shoes and baggage through the X-ray machines and before retrieving them. Officials insist that it will take between 30 seconds and a minute. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 4/7/06 6:30 pm<br></i>
robertdreed

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Airline Passengers in Russia must take lie detector test

Postby marykmusic » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:10 pm

Move along, move along. Nothing to see here.<br><br>I have to wonder what happens when I tell the truth to "Have you ever lied to the authorities?" --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Postby StarmanSkye » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:52 pm

I have to wonder what happens when I tell the truth to "Have you ever lied to the authorities?" --MaryK <br><br>I wondered the same thing --<br><br>"Every chance I get -- but not under oath, cuz that would be illegal and I'm not officially a criminal."<br><br>I suppose like all Lie detector tests you're only 'allowed' to answer Yes or Nyet.<br><br>The idiocy keeps getting stupider and more extreme.<br> <p></p><i></i>
StarmanSkye

Postby FourthBase » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:18 am

Lie detector tests -- all of them -- are frauds. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Postby OnoI812 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:08 am

I wonder what happens when you say "yes, I have lied to authorities". What if the statment is true, but you've never been convicted of that. Would you be deemed a liar?<br><br> Or what if , say , you were a stupid teenager and gave your brothers name, and get convicted of that. If you answer yes , would they deem you are telling the truth , but then the resulting action would be the same as if you were deemed a liar as per above? <br><br>This junk is hocus pocus crap, all it is is a high tech caste system. How fitting it comes from Israel? <p></p><i></i>
OnoI812

Return to Other