EVACUATION after WWII bomb parts found at the World Cup venu

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

EVACUATION after WWII bomb parts found at the World Cup venu

Postby dugoboy » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:10 pm

Part of WWII bomb found at World Cup venue Fri Jun 2, 12:43 PM ET<br> <br><br><br>The media centre at the Olympiastadion was evacuated on Friday when part of a Second World War bomb was discovered at the site.<br><br>A gardener made the find while working outside the stadium, a week before the start of the tournament in Munich on June 9.<br><br>"There was nothing dangerous about the situation for anyone," said Berlin World Cup media officer Hans-Georg Felder, who added that between 70 and 100 people were working in the media centre when it had to be cleared.<br><br>The Olympiastadion will host the final on July 9. <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060602/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_soccer_world_bomb&printer=1;_ylt=Av89FDJTFgyBc9CIy_zfCQCek3QF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-">news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060...NlYwN0bWE-</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p>___________________________________________<br>"BUSHCO aren't incompetent...they are COMPLICIT."</p><i></i>
dugoboy

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: EVACUATION after WWII bomb parts found at the World Cup

Postby HMKGrey » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:13 am

Shiiiit. My wife and I are going to the world cup as guests of a client and I'm really starting to get the heebee-geebees about it. There's plenty of weirdness starting to swirl about. <br><br>The fact that it's in Germany (Munich is still <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>that</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> Munich, as that old shill Spielberg just reminded us), the preponderance of English, Australian and American athletes and citizens who'll be there... the fact that it's SOCCER which would, I think, help to obfuscate any synthetic attack by arousing an astonishing level of emotion in those three countries as well as in all other competing countries (including, obviously, south America, rest of Europe, Africa etc). Also, I keep hearing that Blair looks 'exhausted' and 'soulless' at the moment. I caught a picture of him the other day and couldn't help but think that he looked like he was under some enormous burden... more than mere politics, something almost extra-ordinary, beyond his powers to change... <br><br>Further, there have been reports of the stadia not being safe. This could so easily be an early hang out in adavnce of a catastrophic event so that inquests become muddied and internecine rather than rigorous and honest. <br><br>But maybe it's just Friday and the end of a long week and i'm tired. Hopefully. <br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
HMKGrey

If nothing goes down during the tournament

Postby DBtv » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:18 am

I will be shocked. I pray that I am shocked.<br><br>Go Holland! <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dbtv>DBtv</A> at: 6/3/06 1:19 am<br></i>
DBtv

Return to Other