ICE - In case of Emergencies

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

ICE - In case of Emergencies

Postby greencrow0 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:55 pm

Hi all, I just received this from a friend, and for those of you who are cellularly inclined, it sounds like a smart move ... anyways, I figure it can't hurt!<br>I hope summer finds you all well..... mmmm the blackberries are out!<br><br>>> >>A recent article from the Toronto Star, "the ICE idea", is <br>>>catching on and it is a very simple, yet important method of contact for you or loved one in case of an emergency. As cell phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is program the number of a contact person or persons and store the name as "ICE".<br><br>The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when they went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which numbers to call. He therefore<br>thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally<br>recognized name to file "next of kin" under.<br>Following a disaster in London The East Anglican Ambulance <br>Service has launched a national "In case of Emergency (ICE)" campaign. <br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>The idea is that you store the word "ICE " in your mobile phone</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>address book, and with it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency ". In an emergency situation, Emergency Services personnel and hospital staff would then be able to quickly contact your next of kin, by simply dialling the number programmed under "ICE".<br>Please forward this. It won't take too many "forwards" before<br>everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or<br>put a loved one's mind at rest. For more than one contact name<br>simply enter ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc.<br><br>A great idea that will make a difference <br><br>GC <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=greencrow0>greencrow0</A> at: 7/30/06 5:47 pm<br></i>
greencrow0

Blog: View Blog (0)

Make your header more specific?

Postby Avalon » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:24 pm

For most of us at the moment, ICE sounds like something that would be nice in a lemonade right around now.<br><br>Perhaps if you changed your header to something like <br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"ICE" -- In Case of Emergency</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>this excellent idea would be opened and passed around by more people.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Avalon

Re: Make your header more specific?

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:31 pm

As I drive home relentlessly to the dismay of some, TITLES are very powerful in a whirlwind of myriad messages.<br><br>Good writing skills can save lives, too.<br><br>As for the 'in case of emergency' thing, yes, this would be great in an emergency but personalized data seems to always somehow end up in the hands of advertisers, dataminers, and the NSA, doesn't it?<br><br>Just sayin'... <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Return to Other