analysis of saying good bye

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

analysis of saying good bye

Postby havanagilla » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:56 am

Oh, that's interesting, the emails I received and the ezbox PM.<br>Well, i first have to say I just disconnected my provider, and so couldn't come back earlier, and would not IMAGINE what happened.<br><br>Analysis - person in was zone, taking a break (going to the pool and hoping not to see PC for a while), gets "maybe she is suicidal ?" and "hotline for mental help". so much for americans. how about something more appropriate ?<br> <br><br>NOW, i am going to the pool. as I said, need a break, and will come back to analyse this, if its still of interest. <br>I have one real warzone here, so I am looking for love and care, not more war <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=havanagilla>havanagilla</A> at: 8/9/06 9:11 am<br></i>
havanagilla

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: analysis of saying good bye

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:23 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Analysis - so much for americans. how about something more appropriate ?<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>How about this?<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>person in was <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>WAR</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> zone..<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>That's gotta be the first time as an Amercian I was accused of caring <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>too</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> much.. <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

care

Postby blanc » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:46 am

we love ya. you scared us. OK? <p></p><i></i>
blanc

Re: care

Postby HMKGrey » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:20 pm

How about we all agree that if any of us are going to vanish for a while and announce the fact, we pay the community the respect of something a bit more substantive than: "Bye - Peace." <br><br>Seems reasonable to me. <br><br>People on this board genuinely do care about other community members, genuinely do want to be there for each other and are genuinely puzzled by abbreviated or cryptic sounding messages. And Lordy, if there's one group in the world sensitive to cryptic sounding messages, it's us! <br><br>I don't want to be critical of you Hava because I have no idea of your circumstances and personal life and I'm pretty sure that just about all of us on this board have a lot of things going on that we don't share - but I was really cheered by the reaction to your message. In this big, beautiful world that is so corrupted, that 500 of us talk the way we do is a rare and lovely thing. We should honor it. <p></p><i></i>
HMKGrey

Postby StarmanSkye » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:24 pm

HMK Grey sed:<br>"How about we all agree that if any of us are going to vanish for a while and announce the fact, we pay the community the respect of something a bit more substantive than: "Bye - Peace." "<br><br>YES! HMK's post is right-on, VERY-well said.<br><br>Good grief, what with all the veiled-threat references and reports of shady blog-writers stalking and suspected black-op agents in the community doing Gawd-knows-what and sneaky hostile anti-antiwar hanky-panky goin's ons-- what were we LIKELY to think?<br><br>Just glad yer 'We Gone' message wasn't indicative of something foul happening, Hava -- because we KNOW the PTB sure are capable of it, eh? Doesn't take much for us to see 1 + 1 + 1 and end up with an 'answer' involving square-roots, quadratic equations, multiple fractional functions and whatnot, explaining the observed result; 2.999999123495783726666348w777254672884199944488...<br><br>( :<br>Starman <p></p><i></i>
StarmanSkye

Postby LilyPatToo » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:42 pm

WTF?! What's going on here? This makes no sense to me at all--people don't generally post that they're leaving a board and say "Bye--peace" when all they're doing is changing service providers.....<br><br>I don't understand.<br><br>LilyPat <p></p><i></i>
LilyPatToo

Postby Dreams End » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:50 pm

I'll guess I'll use this thread. I received several emails from Hava...they were insulting and, really, pretty mean. It hadn' t occured to me that it might be someone else doing this...and if so, then I owe an apology to her in my response...but then again, it won't be her reading the response if someone has taken over her email. <br><br>I'm going to post them here. For the record, I've had frequent bouts of email correspondence with her where she shared some specific details about people and places in the U.S. involved in what she believed at the time, was an MC operation. The emails I just got seem to indicate otherwise. <br><br>The writing in the emails and the references to my personal situation show that it's someone quite familiar with this board and our conversations. It it's Hava, then this is some really, really manipulative bullshit...and if it's not, then I guess she's not the one reading these so she won't be offended and I'll hope for the best. <br><br>Email one:<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>ty, paleassee, spare me the "suicide watch" crap. i'm NOT the wify :-)<br> <br>anyway, was just taking a hiatus from the board. good to know some folks think i am "disturbed"...well,...<br>got to run, be back in afew<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Email two (all I responded back with was that I pretty regularly in my work run across people who are suicidal and always try to report it to someone who can help).<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>well, am not your partner, never been in psych care, and if anyone harassed me here from this or that hotline, i'll know where it came from and weill respond IN KIND.<br> <br>You seem to lose boundaries between your spouses and the rest of the world, and i have let that slide before. not everyone who has had bad relationship with guys or government, is a psychiatric case. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><br>And number three:'<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>de, i'll post some moer later in a few days, i just need a vacation !<br> <br>but, people who don't have food, and bombed are REAL, and so "shrink" is NOT what they need. I know americans live in a movie, but...get REAL. ok ? some things happen in the real world, not in shrinkland.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>I'm not posting my response. Folks here probably know me well enough to imagine what it was. Others on this board can handle things in your own way. For my part, I went to my internet service provider and marked emails from her address as spam. They will automatically be deleted without review and I will never see them. <br><br>Since I just have no way now, from this distance, to analyze the games being played here, I'll just have to back out of it. Whether these were from Hava (they were from her same email address), someone now posing as Hava, or whether it was all a charade in the first place, I don't know. Clearly, for someone who comes on here to complain that fairly routine spam was a personal attack to then get bent out of shape when people interpret remarks about "planning my final exit" and "meeting my maker" as suicidal, is odd at best. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Postby orz » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:59 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Clearly, for someone who comes on here to complain that fairly routine spam was a personal attack to then get bent out of shape when people interpret remarks about "planning my final exit" and "meeting my maker" as suicidal, is odd at best.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>wow, yeah, definitely odd...<br><br>I noticed also that the original post in this thread was also personally insulting to you DE, but has now been edited... hmm. <p></p><i></i>
orz

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:02 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>*phew*</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>I hope this can be cleared up. As of now, it appears that hava's the unwitting recipient of the 'Creep-Out of the Day' award..If the MC stuff's on the level, maybe she's recieved some kind of 'adjustment' or something..<br><br>Sad business here. I value her voice from inside the belly of a beast I still struggle to understand(Israel).<br><br> <p>____________________<br>Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night.</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

words

Postby blanc » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:15 pm

words, phrases, can mean different things to different people or in diferent contexts. it seems to be a significant problem with both blogversation and email correspondence that the truncated and disembodied exchange can cause misunderstandings. added to which is the BIG major headache that no-one really knows who the other party they are corresponding with is, or of course, if that person has been taken over. still, even with these caveats, its worthwhile. FWIW both the worries which had been expressed here affected me too - first anxiety over what the "bye' meant and second, anxiety over who was doing the writing, when it seemed to change in character. I guess I'll just wait it out. It would be very hard to be in Isreal or Lebanon right now. <p></p><i></i>
blanc

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:17 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Analysis - so much for americans. how about something more appropriate</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>Hava, hon, you are your own worst enemy. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby havanagilla » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:50 pm

alright alright...<br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=havanagilla>havanagilla</A> at: 8/9/06 6:00 pm<br></i>
havanagilla

Postby Project Willow » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:31 pm

Hava, <br>I hear you. I have another survivor friend in Israel, and the the bombings, being unspeakably difficult enough, completely terrorized her and raised all kinds of internal issues as well. I won't pretend to know what that is like.<br><br>Everytime we talk here about torture or mc there is a similar disconnect, because the abstract is real for us. <br><br>Would it be possible for those who are not so compromised to research what, if any NGO/refugee support networks or groups have access to the area, and try to offer some practical help?<br><br>Don't give up.<br> <p></p><i></i>
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby havanagilla » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:19 pm

thanks PW.<br><br>my repeat on Cipel (apropos Jeff's blogpost tonight), is that its worth checking where is "the spy" now ? I don't have knowledge but suspicion that he is a slave-survivor (or what DE would call a "person with mental issues who would benefit from a crisis hotline call" since he disappeared..). I am perhaps the only person here who thinks this is a bigger story than where/why he was used. or at least equally important.<br>anyway.. .good night. oops, forgot my bedside manners and my blue pills. not going to commit suicide, please do not send rabbis.<br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:25 pm

I learned from the example of a friend that there are always at least two ways to say something, judgmentally and non-judgmentally. I should have remembered that lesson. Sorry hava. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Next

Return to Other