image dump (warning: disturbing/annoying objects present)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

do you like polls?

yes
28%
no
7%
indifferent
28%
who the &^%! are you?
38%

Total votes : 29

Halloween Dump pt I

Postby OP ED » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:21 am

Book of Lies
Ch 20
{Kappa-Epsilon-Phi-Alpha-Lambda-Eta Kappa}
SAMSON
The Universe is in equilibrium; therefore He that is
without it, though his force be but a feather, can
overturn the Universe.
Be not caught within that web, O child of Freedom!
Be not entangled in the universal lie, O child of
Truth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccBj4cLq ... re=related

Last edited by OP ED on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
OP ED

Blog: View Blog (0)

II

Postby OP ED » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:04 pm

Halloween Dump

Part II
Feat: Marilyn Manson

[also brought to you, by the letter W]

Marilyn Manson -- Putting Holes in Happiness

The sky was blonde like her
It was a day to take the child
Out back and shoot it.
I could have buried all my dead
Up in her cemetery head
She had dirty word witchcraft
I was in the deep end of her skin.
Then, it seemed like a one car car wreck
But I knew it was a horrid tragedy.
Ways to make the tiny satisfaction disappear.

Blow out the candles
On all my frankensteins.
At least my death wish will come true.
You taste like Valentine's and
We cry,
You're like a birthday.
I should have picked the photograph
It lasted longer than you.

Putting holes in happiness.
We'll paint the future black
If it needs any color.
My death sentence is a story
Who'll be digging when you finally let me die?
The romance of our assassination
If you're Bonnie, I'll be your Clyde.
But the grass is greener here and
I can see all of your snakes.
You wear your ruins well
Please run away with me to hell.

Blow out the candles
On all my frankensteins.
At least my death wish will come true.
You taste like Valentine's and
We cry,
You're like a birthday.
I should have picked the photograph
It lasted longer than you.
OP ED

Postby OP ED » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:36 pm

re: perelandra
corrected (mostly)

from the same place...
the robo-generated following:

Rising Sign is in 17 Degrees Aquarius
You like new ideas and concepts, but you prefer to discover them by yourself -- it is not easy for others to convert you to anything. You form your own opinions, but once you do form them, you then want to convince everyone else that they are correct. Try to be more tolerant of the opinions of others. You have a deep and abiding interest in science, mathematics, and the great social problems of the day. Very sympathetic toward the downtrodden, equality is your battle cry! You demand that those in authority be fair to all. You are an intellectual -- emotions and emotional people are difficult for you to understand. You are known for being calm, cool, detached and objective.

Sun is in 21 Degrees Capricorn.
Extremely serious and mature, you are capable of accepting responsibilities and do so willingly. Others expect you to be dutiful as a matter of course. You tend to get angry when people get rewards after not having worked anywhere near as hard as you. You are goal-oriented and an achiever by nature -- you're a hard worker and are justifiably proud of the tangible results of your efforts. You tend to have "tunnel-vision" -- this allows you to block out extraneous matters that might distract others and to concentrate totally on the matter at hand. As such, you are the ideal one to manage or administrate any ongoing project and to be practical and efficient at it. You are not a fast worker, but you are quite thorough. You are known for being totally persistent, tenacious and tireless in reaching your goals.

Moon is in 25 Degrees Sagittarius.
An idealist, you prefer the grand, the beautiful, the good and the noble. You get very disappointed when your high expectations in life are not met. Very curious by nature, you enjoy traveling and learning about other peoples and cultures. Try to avoid your tendency to ignore the small but important details of living. You are independent and free, and you want others to be that way, too. Optimistic, buoyant and cheerful, others like to have you around. You have an incessant desire to learn as much as possible about metaphysics, religion, philosophy and any other broad, deep subject. Your life tends to be punctuated by bursts of energy and frenetic activity.

Mercury is in 00 Degrees Aquarius.
You tend to be very opinionated -- you have strongly felt notions about things and are quite vocal about expressing and defending them. Yet you are also an original thinker -- you enjoy shocking others with your offbeat, original thoughts. You appreciate and need mental and intellectual stimulation. Your judgment is usually fair and impartial -- you can be a good critic because you can remain objective and unemotional about most things.

Venus is in 07 Degrees Aquarius.
You are a friendly and outgoing individual, but close relationships are difficult for you to maintain due to your fear that they will cause you to lose your freedom. You attract friends and associates who are exciting, different and sometimes a bit odd. You are popular with others and enjoy working within a group toward group goals.

Mars is in 25 Degrees Aquarius.
Your ideas and opinions are usually inventive and original, but sometimes they are merely eccentric and offbeat. You are altruistic -- you will work hard for the attainment of group goals, as long as they meet your high standards. You tend to resent traditional authority figures because you think that your ideas are better thought out and more valuable than theirs. Very idealistic, you are a rebel WITH a cause!

Jupiter is in 03 Degrees Sagittarius.
You have a very strong sense of ethics and morality. You are widely read and may also be widely traveled because you are sincerely interested in expanding your knowledge of the world about you. At times, you have an annoying tendency to be self-righteous and preachy about your belief system. You are usually quite idealistic and you demand the right to be able to explore the entire world of experiences yourself. Remember to grant others the similar right -- be tolerant, not dogmatic.

Saturn is in 03 Degrees Scorpio.
You tend to release emotional energies only very reluctantly. This is partly due to your fear of what horrible calamity might occur should they be released -- your emotions are terribly complicated and intense. Try not to repress these energies entirely, however, or you will succumb to negative and destructive forms of compulsive behavior. Give yourself the freedom to look awkward or silly once in a while. The relief you feel will be quite therapeutic and the embarrassment (whether it is real or imagined) will pass quickly.

Uranus is in 07 Degrees Sagittarius.
You, and most of your peers, have the tendency to think that all ideas, customs and traditions from the past are outmoded and irrelevant. You are attracted to radically new ideas, philosophies and religions that will, hopefully, cause sweeping changes throughout the world.

Neptune is in 27 Degrees Sagittarius.
You, and your entire generation, are heavily involved in investigating and idealizing foreign and exotic intellectual systems and religious philosophies. The most extreme ideals will be pursued with gusto. You will be at the forefront of humanitarian attempts to improve the lot of those who are in need of assistance. You will be comfortable with the concept of the "global village."

Pluto is in 29 Degrees Libra.
For your entire generation, this is a time of radical changes in society's attitude toward marriage and interpersonal relationships. There is a general fear and awe at the power inherent in making emotional or contractual commitments -- they will not be entered into lightly.

N. Node is in 04 Degrees Cancer.
You genuinely enjoy meeting other people, but you're at your best if you can do so from the comfort of your own home. You prefer others to come to you and tend to feel uncomfortable about leaving your home or neighborhood for any extended period of time. Those who do come in contact with you are struck by your caring and obliging nature -- you really make them feel at home. You form the closest ties, however, with members of your immediate family, especially your parents and children. You're at your best attending or organizing family reunions!

------

i don't put much stock in the opinions of robots personally.

(you get what you pay for)
OP ED

the one on the left looks like my boyfriend

Postby annie aronburg » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:04 pm

I'm saving this one for later.
"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg

Postby zhivkov » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:25 pm

Thanks for the new stuff OE and aa!- and Perelandra!
Last edited by zhivkov on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"you gave me in secret one thing to perceive, the tall blue starry strangeness of being here at all"-Franz Wright
zhivkov

Postby Perelandra » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:31 pm

OP ED wrote:I don't put much stock in the opinions of robots personally.
(you get what you pay for)
Indeed.
I haven't forgotten, but have been busy with assorted things. Hopefully, I'll have some time to spend on it this week.

Perelandra

Postby OP ED » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:51 am

:: ::

OP ED

Postby Perelandra » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:34 pm

Feliz Dia de los Muertos a todos.

Perelandra

Postby zhivkov » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:19 pm

Thanks for the new stuff OE and aa!- and Perelandra!

Great comic OE and indeed Perelandra-Feliz Dia de los Muertos a todos!
Upon looking closer at Perelandra's image I will have to find out more about Maria Perez- how many completely innocent Iraqis has our "beloved homeland" killed in the past years-going back to the 91 war? Not to mention the disgrace of killing off thousands of our young and naive men and women in uniform for a cause that will disgrace the USA for the next hundred years-if there is to be a next hundred years.

On edit I completely agree with you about the day of remembering the dead is a vital and interesting custom in this culture. Having a latino bf I should have realized about the feliz part although we usually speak spanglish when together. That was nice of her to let you use the image-I love this thread so much and appreciate all of your conributions-the images and the beautiful and thought provoking poetry and words. OE had a great idea when he put the MM images and lyrics up for Halloween.
Last edited by zhivkov on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"you gave me in secret one thing to perceive, the tall blue starry strangeness of being here at all"-Franz Wright
zhivkov

Postby Perelandra » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:26 pm

Well, I now realize my use of Feliz is not traditionally correct. But it is a day of remembrance and acknowledgment that life goes on. I think this ancient and still vital community tradition is valuable and strengthening. People like Maria keep it changing. I saw her photo among others on Flickr and she kindly let me use it.
Perelandra

Postby OP ED » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:00 pm

Modest Mussorgsky.

My favorite composer from the first time I saw Fantasia. (also one of the better interpretations of music into visual art I've ever seen, Fantasia is underrated)

Distinctly Russian, yet able to instinctively channel the martial qualities of western classicism as well as anyone ever had.

When I was young, I thought the song was about Halloween. Blame Disney for not getting the title right "St. John's Eve on the Bare [Bald] Mountain". Mussorgsky died before its arrangment was finished. He never saw it performed during his lifetime.

It was also slightly tweaked by Leopold for the Disney program, but we let him get away with that on account of being a musical genius and whatnot.

The best Theme for a Darklord since Beethoven (or maybe Mozart). It exudes power and drama. A better theme for a villian wasn't crafted until 1980 (John Williams, Imperial March, The Empire Strikes Back, Vader didn't have a theme in the first movie, as any nerd can tell you).

(the recurrent theme is also the ringer on my phone when anyone calls from a phone number recognized as belonging to former girlfriends' of mine)

Love is Law,
SHCR

(replies to thoughts soon)
OP ED

Postby OP ED » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:29 am

OP ED

Postby zhivkov » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:15 am

Thanks for the new stuff OE! Interesting information. The background to the Fantasia music was interesting-sometimes I feel positively uncultured around this place! Still can't thank you enough for W.Blake-got his biography at the library the other day haven't read much yet-very interesting so far though. Funny how Star Wars has been in the backgound of the American psyche for so long. That was a movie I watched 8 times at the theater when it came out (77 I think?-I was young)-it led me to become interested in science fiction. I remember having the John Williams score on vinyl. Tony Blair's voice always reminded me of the Star Wars character C-3PO and there is a picture of Vlad Putin taken with our so very cultured prez himself :roll:- in which Putin reminds me of Yoda! If I weren't going to be so busy today I would finally try to learn how to do images and download it. Best to all of you!
zhivkov

Postby OP ED » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:08 am

post-halloween postscript

featuring aleister crowley.

(post) October Suprise!

may you live in interesting times.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby zhivkov » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:43 am

Interesting times indeed! First image Dee and Kelley? Thanks for the Crowley! I guess I am off to argue with Hugh or probably should just go to bed. Before I do that I am going to try to find some Blake that might fit into my father's bday card. The poor man turns 70 today and has had to put up with me all his life. Thanks again for keeping this going-forgot to mention that I love the astronomical images also. The Egyptian images are fantastic too. Did you draw the last image? On page 4 missed it at first-Voynich manuscript?
zhivkov

PreviousNext

Return to Data & Research Compilations