Strange Days- The Pacific NW

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Strange Days- The Pacific NW

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:44 pm

As a native of the Pacific Northwest and one who has been touched by some very high strangeness throughout my years in the area, I tend to pay close attention to reported UFO related events close to home. Of course, Mt. Ranier and Kenneth Arnold's infamous 1947 sighting are considered to be the beginning of the modern UFOlogical era by many. Why the NW holds this distinction should become easily understood if you choose to continue reading

For the purposes of this thread, I will refer here to what I consider worthy (or at least interesting) cases that range from Oregon east to Montana and North from there, including the Yukon, Alaska, Washington and points in between with some focus on the Okanogan area (waves to Annie) that straddles the US/Canadian border. Some of them will be my own. I was inspired by the following post by Greg Bishop over at UFOMystic. It is a good example and one of many cases that will be presented here involving indigenous peoples and their relationship to the UFO phenomena throughout the centuries.

------------

An intriguing e-mail hit Bush Alaska in May. In it, a hunter from Marshall recounted how he found a boy alleged to have been abducted by the ircenrraat.

'Little people' e-mail zips through rural Alaska

MIKE DUNHAM / AROUND ALASKA

Published: May 31st, 2008 11:11 PM
Last Modified: May 31st, 2008 03:04 AM

Ircenrraat (singular: ircenrraq; say "irr-chin-hhak" with a harsh hh and you're getting close) are a recurring theme in traditional Yup'ik teachings and legends, "little people" who dwell in the tundra, usually underground. They disorient, discomfort and trap unwary humans.

City folk usually dismiss ircenrraat as superstition. Those who have lived in Yup'ik country for any period of time tend to be a little more inclined to listen. For one thing, the stories are persistent and often come from respectable observers. For another, when you're by yourself in the middle of nowhere, things happen that are hard to explain.

For instance, a few years back, on a very remote solo kayak trip in the lower Yukon region, I swear I heard rocks tossed in my direction by unseen hands or whatever. Big rocks. Whoosh. Plunk. Weird. A little scary -- and not particularly on target, assuming they were trying to hit me. A close inspection of the presumed point of origin showed no evidence of anything. There was nowhere for anything bigger than a squirrel to hide. I can't say it was an ircenrraaq, but neither can I absolutely refute those who suggest it was.

Yup'ik descriptions of the "little people" resemble those in widespread stories shared by many cultures around the world. A conference on such creatures is held every year in Twisp, Wash.

Though accounts of sightings or of inexplicable events attributed to ircenrraat are common in Western Alaska, they seldom receive wide circulation outside the area.

The Internet age changed that.

I called Nick Andrew Jr. in Marshall, whose e-mail started the latest excitement. He intended it as a private message to a family member, he said, and was a little disconcerted that it got forwarded far and wide.

He confirmed the details, however, and gave me permission to use his name, requesting that I keep other names out of print.

Andrew was on a snowmachine hunting birds the evening of May 7, some distance out of town -- three hours away if you had to walk it, he estimated. Preparing to return home, he decided to check a different location on a hunch.

"Stopping to look, I saw a small boy all alone in middle of the marsh," he said.

He recognized the child as a boy from the village. "I asked him where's his dad or hunting partners? I grilled him with questions of who he was with and if he was alone. He was scared and had been crying. All his answers were 'I don't know.' "

He described the boy as "disoriented, dazed, confused and scared" with "no concept of time. He did not appear tired, nor was he hungry or thirsty."

But the lad was lucky, it seems. He was found in a spot frequented by large tundra brown bears.

Andrew took the boy home, noting that there were no footprints in the spring snow to indicate anyone had walked into the area. He found that puzzling. He counted at least 10 other snowmachiners in the neighborhood, none of whom had spotted the boy.

After getting the boy back to the village, he left his VHS radio on overnight, in case some other hunter reported a missing child. No one did.

"It wasn't until the next day that the story started emerging that he'd had what you'd call an out-of-the-ordinary experience," he told me. "He'd had some missing time, just like people who report being abducted by UFOs."

The boy said he was "brought into" Pilcher Mountain, a site often associated with ircenrraat encounters. There, he was questioned and saw other "little beings."

"He said he made contact with a little girl abducted over 40 years ago," Andrew said. "She told him who she was and she wanted help."

After that the ircenrraat decided to release the boy. "And that's when he came to, I guess, a few minutes before I found him."

Andrew maintained calm perspective about the experience. "Is this kid telling the truth?" he said, leaving the answer open-ended.

Responses to the e-mail, by the time it was forwarded to me, treated the news with gravity. "Ladies, please share with your husband/partners," read one forwarder. "Please tell your children about Ircinraqs (sic) and their deceptiveness," said another. "Thank God (he) found this little boy alive."

If you have an experience with ircenrraat that you wouldn't mind sharing, e-mail mdunham@adn.com. Confidentiality will be observed and nothing will be used without permission.

http://www.adn.com/life/story/422883.html
Cosmic Cowbell

Blog: View Blog (0)

Yukon - 1988

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:30 pm

CLOSE-UP SIGHTING DOCUMENTED BY A MINERAL CLAIMS SURVEYOR
Montana Mountain, near Carcross, Yukon Territory, Canada. March 16, 1988

Introduction – by Martin Jasek

In March of 1999 an Engineer who I have known for some time came to our office at my day job with regards to "normal" business. He mentioned that he had read our recent UFO article in the local newspaper. He then went on to describe a UFO sighting which a friend of his had about 11 years ago near Carcross, Yukon, about a 45 minute drive south of the capital City of Whitehorse.

He also mentioned that he had a copy of the man’s work diary where the sighting was described in some detail. The witness, Des Clark, was contacted for his permission to obtain a copy of the diary. We are grateful that he agreed. He also gave his permission to use his name in the story. A copy of the diary was obtained from the files of an engineering firm in the City of Whitehorse.

At the time, Des was part of a survey team laying out a grid for a VLF magnetometer survey for a mineral claim for his client "Feather Gold". He was the only one, of about 6 people involved, who stayed on site 24 hours per day. The others normally left after daylight ran out and returned each morning. He maintained a cabin for the survey crew, was involved in the survey work during the day, and performed calculations on the data late into the evening. He spent about 30 days up on the mountain and maintained a diary of the day's activities for his client. It was in this diary that he documented his UFO sighting, just hours after it occurred. At the end of the project he handed the journal to his client, never to see a copy of it until 1999.

The excerpt from the diary starts off with a description of the normal day's activities on March 14 and 15th, 1988, the UFO sighting account early on March 16th, followed by the normal day's activities on the 16th. This places the sighting into some context and adds wonderfully to the candor of the narrative.

Excerpt From the Diary of Des Clark:

Monday 14 March

Spent most of last evening doing interim report to ??? at 0230 hrs this morning – got up @ 0800 – J.W. in @ 0820 hrs closely followed by Larry and Bill B. and Lamberton crew. Waited until 0930 for Larry W. to return radio call – no luck. Went to work @ 0940 and called again @ 1000 hrs re: time of Larry’s (W.) visit – he’s not coming. Phoned twice more during day – loosing radio again @ 1530 hrs called Larry W. again – he may have radios by tonight – hope so. Screamed our lungs out on the hillside for 2 hours – gave up @ 1730 could have worked until 1900. Completed 43 sta’s today (including 4 substa’s) John TT and helper did well also.

Tuesday 15 March

John, Bill & Lamberton crew up @ approx 0830 – 0845. Both crews out to survey in south valley. Larry B. & Larry W. showed up @ 1130 hrs – gave us radios. Damned radios have got same frequency as Lamberton’s and don’t have any CNT channels that we can reach! This radio thing is one big screw up! Tough going for our crew today – they are on ground with not enough snow for skidoos. Only got 26 stations in today while Lamberton crew got 43 over easier ground. On this ground the no. of sta’s completed in working day is not necessarily indicative of effort.

Throttle cable broke on Whelans skidoo today @ 1700 – had to shut down to talk to Whse. Bill waited until 1800 for radios & EDM batteries from Lamberton crew. John Tom Tom & assistant stopped for tea & discussed progress of the day. 1930 made supper and washed dishes. Had ham and chips. After clean up made a big stew so that crew can share it if they wish. Put in carrots, potatoes, onions, celery & cubed steak after browning. Cabin very hot from cooking stew and wood stove – went for walk @ 2430 hrs.

Had experience of a lifetime! Coming back and almost to cabin, aircraft came over south ridge very slowly lost altitude and hovered around sta’s 26-1 à 26-2. Craft was so called UFO – blueish aura on periphery of inverted bowl – very low pulsing hum; no wind so everything quiet except for barely discernable humming noise. Cannot describe blue/grey light – didn’t seem to have any specific source – just all over edge and upper overt. Craft was below the ridge to the west of cabin so distance easy to determine due to our survey grid lines – large diameter – noticed blueish light or glow on my hands and clothing – dog and I are being observed I’m sure of it as the craft sideslipped to within 150-200 meters horizontal and possibly 30 meters above us – damn! Could almost touch the bloody thing – when craft slipped in, dog started barking and ran behind the wood pile at the cabin – first impulse was run to cabin and get shotgun – stupid – just stayed there – not frightened somehow – cannot determine if any control surfaces – seemed omni-directional – no port, starboard, nose or tail – movements were smooth and I sense very deliberate. Christ! I’ve been at this cabin 3 weeks and even as I write I know some will think I’ve gone crackers. I’m bloody sure we (dog and I) were being observed but so overwhelmed did not notice ports, windows or such. Seemed like forever that craft in the valley. The machine left in a tight 180 degree turn to the NE quadrant; through east and up through the south – gained altitude with tremendous acceleration although no propulsion noise except humming and no sound of air displacement -- the latter I found strange as it defies physical law! Will not call this UFO because it isn’t – it’s a bloody flying machine – true and simple. Although not frightened when all was happening; went into cabin and it took me 4 matches to light the propane stove – noticed that dog wasn’t around – went back outside to call him – no dog – back into cabin – had to hold my cup of tea with both hands to keep from slopping it all over. The time is 0222 hrs of the 16th March and it has taken me and hour and a half to stop shaking enough to put this to paper – dog isn’t outside – he just crawled out from beneath the bunk – he has been hiding under the bed all this time! As I write this the impact of the experience is coming home – I know I’ll never be the same again and why wasn’t there someone else here to witness it also – if only dogs could talk!

Wed 16 March

Got up late this morning – didn’t get 2 hrs sleep last night with all the excitement. John up and followed by everyone else. Didn’t think I’d make it but once I felt the fresh air it felt O.K. We worked the valley and east slope around camp to fill in holes left in the survey grid. John TT and partner off to survey on the south and central area. Heard the sta’s he’s calling out on the radio – the son of a gun is poaching on our easy pickings – he’s surveying the plateau and getting all kinds of sta’s in while Bill is tearing his ass off walking and climbing the side-hill. Bill is going to be so skinny on this job he’ll have to run around in the shower to get wet! About 1030 hrs I went back to cabin to make out cheat sheet showing holes in the grid – on the way by I gave that black skidoo a good kick – made me feel better – I’ve grown to hate that machine – good thing I don’t carry the gun in the field. Got back to survey point to find that J.W. had rolled his new skidoo – only cracked the cowl but a shame anyway cause it looks so new and shiny – John wasn’t hurt – guess he just stepped off when it rolled down the hill, -- I must remember that trick!

FURTHER DETAILS

Further details of Des’ sighting came forth through telephone interviews. Des also gave a compelling verbal description on the Sightings on the Radio show with host Jeff Rense. You can hear Des describe the sighting in his own words by clicking here if you have the free or full version of Realplayer plugin for your browser. The UFO*BC portion (2 hours) of the show starts one hour into the program. It contains Des’ interview as well as other interesting cases. Here are some details of Des’ sighting which are not covered in his diary:

The UFO was about 18 to 25 metres (60 to 80 feet) in diameter and approximately 4.5 to 6 metres (15 to 20 feet) thick. It was flat on the bottom. There were no point sources of light or any other structure on the UFO, just a blue–grey glow. The UFO lit up the area around for a fair distance but was not painful to look at.

The manner in which the craft approached the cabin ("in a smooth arc directly towards us, and then just dropped in") indicated to Des that the act was very deliberate. It was not like this thing was flying around and then noticed him and changed direction to approach him.

Des was particularly impressed at the craft’s sudden departure. There was no noise other than the low hum, which was not loud enough to account for propulsion. There was no wind that night. Des went on to describe the departure: "You just don’t move an object rapidly through the cold dense air like that and produce no noise. This thing accelerated like you wouldn’t believe, and it didn’t bank to turn. Even if the propulsion unit was totally silent you should have at least heard the air displacement. It had tremendous acceleration, totally awe-inspiring. It left and disappeared over the ridge."

"You just don’t forget something like that!"

For a 15 to 20 minute period prior to the sighting, Des’ dog appeared very agitated, unsettled by something. Speculation has it that he may have been able to hear the UFO, which may have been outside the range of human hearing. The emotional effect on the dog after the sighting lasted for quite some time. It was very skittish, tail down between its legs, walking down close to the ground, "very slinky" for two days after the encounter.

When asked about the object’s origin, Des replied: "There is no doubt in my mind that it was not from our world".

http://www.ufobc.ca/yukon/closeup.htm (includes photos of the area and links to audio interview)
Cosmic Cowbell

Cadotte Pass, MT - 1865

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:26 pm

A Strange Story-Remarkable Discovery

Missouri Democrat
10-19-1865

"Mr. James Lumley, an old Rocky Mountain trapper, who has been stopping at the Everett House for several days, makes a most remarkable statement to us, and one which, if authenticated, will produce the greatest excitement in the scientific world.

Mr. Lumley states that about the middle of last September, he was engaged in trapping in the mountains about seventy-five or one hundred miles above the Great Falls of the Upper Missouri, and in the neighborhood of what is known as Cadotte Pass. Just after sunset one evening, he beheld a bright luminous body in the heavens, which moved with great rapidity in an easterly direction. It was plainly visible for at least five seconds, when it suddenly separated into particles, resembling, as Mr. Lumley describes it, the bursting of a sky-rocket in the air. A few minutes later, he heard a heavy explosion, which jarred the earth very perceptibly, and this was shortly after followed by a rushing sound, like a tornado sweeping through the forest. A strong wind sprang up about the same time, but suddenly subsided. The air was also filled with a peculiar odor of a sulphurous character.

These incidents would have made a slight impression on the mind of Mr. Lumley, but for the fact that on the ensuing day he discovered, at the distance of about two miles from his camping place, that, as far as he could see in either direction a path had been cut through the forest, several rods wide-giant trees uprooted or broken off near the ground- the tops of hills shaved off and the earth plowed up in many places. Great and widespread havoc was everywhere visible. Following up this track of desolation, he soon ascertained the cause of it in the shape of an immense stone driven into the side of a mountain. An examination of this stone, or so much of it as was visible, showed that it was divided into compartments that in various places it was carved with curious hieroglyphics. More than this, Mr. Lumley also discovered fragments of a substance resembling glass, and here and there dark stains, as though caused by a liquid. He is confident that the hieroglyphics are the work of human hands, and that the stone itself, although but a fragment of an immense body, must have been used for some purpose by animated beings.

Strange as this story appears, Mr. Lumley relates it with so much sincerity that we are forced to accept it as true. It is evident that the stone which he discovered, was a fragment of the meteor which was visible in this section in September last. It will be remembered that it was seen in Leavenworth, Galena and in this city by Col. Bonneville. At Leavenworth it was seen to separate into particles or explode.

Astronomers have long held that it is probable that the heavenly bodies are inhabited -- even the comets -- and it may be that the meteors are also. Possibly, meteors could be used as a means of conveyance by the inhabitants of other planets, in exploring space, and it may be that hereafter some future Columbus, from Mercury or Uranus, may land on this planet by means of a meteoric conveyance, and take full possession thereof -- as did the Spanish navigators of the New World in 1492, and eventually drive what is known as the "human race" into a condition of the most abject servitude. It has always been a favorite theory with many that there must be a race superior to us, and this may at some future time be demonstrated in the manner we have indicated.

----

Scan of original Missouri Democrat article available here
Cosmic Cowbell

Kucinich Account - 1982

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:00 pm

Witnesses Recount Kucinich UFO Encounter
Posted by Stephen Koff January 02, 2008 12:11PM

Paul Costanzo has had plenty of encounters with fame, thanks to his major trumpet chops and friends like Shirley MacLaine and Dennis Kucinich. Today his mug is on the front page of the Wall Street Journal. It's not because of his financial prowess, however. Rather, it's because Costanzo, 55, a Julliard-trained trumpeter, and a former girlfriend came forward to tell the Journal how Kucinich was not off his rocker when he said he saw UFOs.

They were with him at the time -- and they saw them, too, they said.

It was 1982, well before Kucinich became a congressman and presidential candidate. Staying at the Washington state home of MacLaine, who was a mutual friend, the trio saw three charcoal-gray, triangular craft, according to the recollections of Costanzo and his then-girlfriend. The girlfriend, now 50, spoke to the Journal on condition that her name not be published.

"The girlfriend remembers each triangle having red and green lights running down the edges, with a laser-like red light at the tail," the Journal reports. "Mr. Costanzo recalls white lights, but no tail."

The human trio heard a quiet, throbbing sound, nothing like an airplane engine. "There was a feeling of wanting to communicate something, but I don't know what," Costanzo told the Journal.

This occurred over a field near MacLaine's home while she was away performing a one-woman show in Canada. At the time, Costanzo was her assistant, personal trainer and bodyguard (he has a jujitsu black belt).

Afterward, Kucinich suggested that each memorialize what they'd seen by jotting down their impressions and drawing pictures, though they never called authorities. They told few people about the event. "Unfortunately, people are ridiculed when they say they've had these kinds of experiences, which is why I never came forward with it," the girlfriend is quoted as saying.

Costanzo in 2004 worked in Kucinich's presidential campaign, where he dressed nattily in black and exuded a Hollywood bodyguard-like cool. With bacheler's and master's degrees from Julliard, he played major trumpet gigs but now bills himself as a voice actor.

Kucinich's UFO sighting was first disclosed in MacLaine's new book. Kucinich has made small jokes about it when asked in public forums but has not elaborated. Nor would he when the Journal asked. His one direct quote: "I don't have any comment."

http://blog.cleveland.com/openers/2008/ ... h_ufo.html

From MacClaine book...

"Kucinich "had a close sighting over my home in Graham, Washington, when I lived there," the actress, a close Kucinich friend, wrote. "Dennis found his encounter extremely moving. The smell of roses drew him out to my balcony where, when he looked up, he saw a gigantic triangular craft, silent, and observing him.

"It hovered, soundless, for 10 minutes or so, and sped away with a speed he couldn't comprehend. He said he felt a connection in his heart and heard directions in his mind."
Cosmic Cowbell

The Hee Hee Stone

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:43 am

The Legend of the Hee Hee Stone

"Once a shrine, the stone is now a crumbling ledge of rock, difficult for history buffs to locate. This is the spot, one legend goes, why the Hee Hee Stone is an Indian belief.

The Siwashes ( generic term for all Indians ) have always lived here. The Indians along the Okanogan became infected with some distemper, not unlike leprosy, and it threatened to destroy the whole Indian nation. The priest of the Siwashes talked every day with the Great Spirit who told him to tell his people that he would send a spirit to talk to them, and that on a certain day all of the people should gather at the place named to receive the messenger of the skies.

The place designated was the same stone which is so sacred to the Siwashes. On the day appointed by the Siwashes, Indians came from hundreds of miles and gathered here, all dressed in there buckskins and colors, to see whether or not the priest, who was also the medicine man, had told the truth or was only dreaming. At ten o'clock in the morning the priest pointed toward Mt. Bonaparte and thousands of eyes looked in that direction. Soon an image began to appear in the southern skies which assumed the form of an angel, and before the astonished Siwashes could fall to the ground and pray the heavenly spirit had alighted upon the Hee Hee Stone.

"She" was radiantly beautiful and immediately began to talk to the afflicted people. She told them that their cry for help had been heard by the Great Spirit and that she had come to help them. She motioned all who were suffering from the epidemic to come near her and be healed. Within a short time the afflicted were transformed into a host of shouting Siwashes, rejoicing in the perfect health that had been given them.

Their Indian priest explained to them that she would come again sometime in the future, but that they must use the means that she would provide if they wanted to retain their good health which she had given them. She then distributed Camas seed among them, which became an important staple of the Indians and urged that they be planted everywhere, the roots of which when eaten would prevent a return of the disease from which they had suffered. She wished them be of good cheer, to deal fairly with one another, and that some time she would come again. While the shouts that greeted this announcement were echoing over these hills, she was caught up in the air and disappeared in the southern skies in the direction from which she had come, and ever since she has been known to the Siwashes as Queen Camas, the divine spirit from the sky that healed our people."---

The Hee Hee Stone is located in the highlands of the Okanogan, about thirty miles south of the Canadian border in Washington State. While this story may simply be a native myth, it does bear some resemblance to the following.....

John Mack wrote extensively on this topic (indigenous peoples and their legends) in his classic "Passport to the Cosmos ". In this book he interviewed Credo Mutwa , a South African shaman and healer. On page 207, Credo describes the Greys as follows:

"According to Credo, the mantindane (Greys) have caused wars and other terrible cruelties and have "manufactured" diseases to destroy human beings or to test our resistance to various bacterial strains. But they have also done positive things. They taught the Zulus how to drill through stone and the Egyptians to cut the great stone with which they made their pyramids. When smallpox threatened to wipe out the Zulu tribes, "the star people told our people what to do to protect themselves" and during a terrible famine, when crops were failing and hundreds were dying, a race of mantindane-like creatures, only taller, came out of the sky and taught women how to grind and cook the poisonous Cassava root to render it edible and palatable to human beings."

Whether it be Camas root or Cassava root, it is basically the same native 'legend' occurring half a world apart. While cultural contamination is possible, I suspect it unlikely. Interesting...
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:11 am

The following passages were written by Jane Lead in the years 1678, 1679 and 1685. While they are not specific to the Pacific Northwest they do, I feel, have an interesting connection to the post above relating the Siwash legend of the Hee Hee Stone. The first is Jane Leads original account and in the second, she expands her thoughts regarding the first and that of another event. Her second post seems to combine two separate events, those of December 15, 1678 and that of April 26th, 1679.

December 15th, 1678

The School of Wisdom. A Transportation.

IN the Night after my first Sleep, I was consulting, whereunto the moving-Star had brought us, and perceiving it still was in its circling motion (to shew, that we had not yet arrived to the Center-point, where we might mix with it, and cease from all further searching and Travel) I was longing now to be at rest in the Lord, from all sort of Toil and Labour, both Internal and External. But it was replyed by the Holy Ghost, who hath God’s secrets in readiness to reveal, that there could not be so quick a dispatch. For we were, said he, but newly entered upon the Borders of the unknown Land, where the Heavenly City doth stand, in which each one have reserved their allotted Mansion. And being cast into a Solitary and Mourning posture, because of this Word, that declared for a continual Warfare I was in some kind of Agony. In the sense hereof I Queried, what the Lord would further require, now that the Contrarieties in Nature were agreed to walk in the narrow track of the Spirit unanimously. Upon which expostulation the Spirit did it reveal, that it was now the fittest Season to proceed forward in. For none could be capable of taking their degrees in order to a Seraphick Dignity, but those who had reconciled the striving Properties. Which from the outward Birth had made such a struggling. Which (being not only subdued, but made all willing) now must together launch into further Depths, as the Star above shall direct the Measuring Line in the Spirit’s Hand: Which we are precisely to observe; and all will work to fetch up to God’s rest.

Then after all this Opening and Spiritual Parly I was over-set, and cast as into a Trance, and had all my outward Senses drowned, and was brought by the Spirit into such a place, that was as the Scene of another World. For the Ground where the Inhabitants moved, was a clear as Crystal, and the same above was the same below, all light and clear. The Spirit that brought me in, led me to do Obeysance to one, that was the Princess of that World. Who appeared great and full of Majesty, resembling the Face of a Woman, all cloathed as in waved Clouds. I was something abashed to come near her: but the Spirit animated me. And She directed my Guide, to bring me into acquaintance with the residue, that did move there in distinct Figures. But they at first looked somewhat strange upon me, and shy: because I had no such clarified Body. Whereupon I did strive to make my Apology in way of Speech: but that did much displease. For it was advised, this was the Magia-School; where all of Mortal Language was to be excluded. For all was understood by the operation of the Magia: here was no Speech, but all Power acted. Then one I was brought to, that had such a composure in his Countenance, as one might read profound Wisdom, signally resident upon him. I would have had them more free, and familiar with me, for I loved and was much affected with them. But they saw, I was not versed in their high Method, and looked upon me as a stranger in their Region. And being very eager to ask them questions, what the denominated were? And who was the Soveraign Ruler here? And I was big with many Queries, but received a check, as being a young Novice, that did not understand the Magia-Rules. Then suddenly I was bound, and could move no way, but no Hand touched me. And this was to let me know, what Soveraignty they could put forth. And then as suddenly I was set free, and found my self at liberty.

Then heard I the Majestical Princess, that ruled all in that Sphear, say in a breath as soft as Air: Do not despise the unlearned, that are not acquainted with this high Art. For this thing, time is allowed, for the fitting her out thereunto. But know, O Spirit, before thou goest from hence, that this is the one only thing, that is worthy to be learned, whereby Nature’s Beast may become tamed, and to a Heavenly Figure renewed by the Magia-working Power. Then brought I was into my Bodily Sense, where I was given to understand, what all this Transportation tended to. Which I was cautioned to remind, and lay up as a secret: and watch the turn of the Wheel, when Sophia should it once again move, to bring us to know and learn this high Mystery, which may the groaning Creation relieve.

April 26, 1685

The Land of Havilah.

"I SAW as it were from the visible Element; cast down a dark thick Vapour, the Influence whereof I did sensibly feel gather on the inward Face of my Mind. With which I struggled for some time, my Spirit working still hard to get through the Cloud: but it bound, and lay as a Weight upon me, until another Element did open, and stream out as a Flame of Fire. And this so dispersed it, that immediately my Inward Ground opened, and I was set at liberty: and the Springs of the Spirit did rise fluently in Faith, Hope and Joy. And there was shewn me a bright Spirit, walking in the likeness of a Burning Lamp: and it shot it self through me, and I found all Heaviness and Deadness to be passed away. And the Face of my Inward Ground did spring with all Heavenly Powers: and a sweet Replenishment there was, as a Garden with Flowers."

After which I was cast as into a Trance and had all my outward Senses drowned, and was brought by the Spirit into such a Place, that was as the Scene of another World. For the Ground where the Inhabitants moved, was as clear as Crystal: And the same above that was below; and it was enclosed as with a Circling Flame. The Spirit in the appearance of the Lamp, that brought me in, led me to do Obeysance to one that was the Princess of that World. She appeared Great, and full of Majesty, resembling the Face of a Woman, all clothed as in waved Clouds. The Splendor of her Countenance I know not how to express. I was somewhat abashed, and afraid to come near: but the Angel animated me. So accordingly I made my address: and she directed my Guide to introduce me to the Acquaintance with the Inhabitants, that in distinct Figures did move up and down; their Bodies were as the bright Beryl, and their Heads covered with the Sun; as reflecting the Face of the Supreme Glory, which did appear as in a Mirror upon every one of them. This was the Land of Havilah, where the Everlasting springing Mines are found: And these the high learned Children of Wisdom, who were all deeply Arted and Skillful in the pure and holy Magia of Faith. For it was the Will of the Princess and Governour of this Principle, that I should not be left to wander by my self, but that I should be brought into the Familiarity of the Wise, and should have a Guide constantly to assist me, and to order all matters for my Establishment here. Who said to me, In this mild temperate element, do thou watch always to keep: For here the Lamp of Fire will as a comforting Spirit with thee walk, and in Seraphick Language with thy Immanuel talk. Which accordingly I found, and still do find calling me up into this Region of Blessed Stores, that I may come to possess the Treasure of the Everlasting Mountains of the Sun and Moon, which are within this Orb.

Note, [The Former part of This is the same Manifestation, Repeated, that was given to the Author in the Year 1679, on the 27th of April, and is Before Inserted in its Place.]

---

The interesting piece for me lies in the fact that the Hee Hee Stone lies about three miles from the town of Havillah, Wa. (if you can call it that. It now consist of of a church and practically nothing else).

http://www.ghosttownsusa.com/havillah.htm

Both accounts discuss a "Princess" or in the Siwash account, the appearance of a "Queen" and I can't help but feel that when Lead describes those she encounters as "the high learned Children of Wisdom, who were all deeply Arted and Skillful in the pure and holy Magia of Faith" she is describing in my mind the Siwash who gathered at the Hee Hee stone to be cured. Understanding that the towns spelling has an extra "l" in it, it is never the less named after the biblical Havilah. A gold mine (Buck Mountain) lies just to the North of this area. I have considered the possibility that Jane Lead was indeed the beneficiary of a "transportation" as she herself described it.

Now all this may not amount to much for most of you, but I have my own connections both to Jane Lead and to the Hee Hee Stone which I hope to expand upon here soon. Hopefully understanding and clarity will ensue. If nothing else, these somewhat loose connections all lead (pun intended) one to consider the 'strange days' of centuries past...

~C
Cosmic Cowbell

Abduction on the North Canol Road

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:55 am

Abduction on the North Canol Road

Background

By Martin Jasek, M.Sc., P. Eng.

I first met Kevin on July 8, 2000 while attending a UFO conference in St. Paul, Alberta. I had just finished a presentation on Yukon UFO sightings when he approached me. He was very quiet and reserved and basically told me that he used to live in Ross River, Yukon and had heard and seen strange things up there. He proceeded to write down his contact information for me as the hustle and bustle of the conference prevented a personal conversation. The next day, as the conference was drawing to a close, Kevin approached me again. He said he was leaving now as he had a fairly lengthy drive home. But before he left, he wanted to show me something so that I would know what he was talking about when we later talked on the phone. He then showed me the palms of his hands. Wow, what he showed me certainly peaked my interest and he briefly stated some of the background. I'll leave it to the reader to read through "Kevin's Account" as not to take away from the incredible experience.

After the conference I returned to my home in Whitehorse and Kevin returned to his life in a small Alberta town. It was fortunate that with my work I was able to travel to many parts of the Yukon and at my earliest opportunity (Sept 12, 2000), I traveled up the North Canol Road. Prior to the trip, Kevin provided a detailed description of the location where his experience took place and narrowed it down to a 6 km stretch of road, west of a vacant RCMP trailer. I took photographs of five locations along this stretch that would potentially match Kevin's description. There was one location in particular that matched every detail very well. I mailed all sets of five location photos to him and he quickly replied that one location, the same one that I favoured, was the correct one. There "is no doubt in his mind" he replied. He added information to the photos such as the trajectory of the UFO, the location where the aliens stood, etc. The graphics depicting what Kevin witnessed are of the actual locations. We hope that these along with the artwork add to the realism of Kevin's account.

This article has been a long time in the making and I have got to know Kevin over the years. He is a very honest, sincere and reserved individual. Not at all the type looking for attention. I have no reason not to believe his entire story. I would like to thank him for his patience and understanding for the time it took me to put this presentation together.

I would also like to thank Gord Heath, Paddy D. and Jim G. for their help with the artwork and illustration graphics.

Kevin's Account
~ written, Feb 2001 ~
(posted March 21, 2004)

In August or September 1987 (later determined to be Wednesday September 2, 1987), I left Ross River (where I lived) and headed up the North Canol Road by myself on my motor bike for moose (hunting). (Maps of the area)

I was planning on spending 3 days in the area between Sheldon Lake and Macpass. A guy I worked with and a friend of his were to leave a day later and I was to meet them for some fishing. We were all to stay at a trailer at Dewhurst Creek.

I left Ross River early in the morning and the temperature started to drop. Then it started to rain very hard and very cold. When I got to Gravel Creek, I stopped at Art John's Cabin and put on extra clothes while standing under the edge of his roof. I knew the rain would not stop, so I got back on my bike and headed off.

I arrived at the trailer ½ hour before dark, very cold and very tired. I lit up a fire, cooked supper and went straight to bed looking forward to the morning hunt. Over night the rain had stopped.

At daybreak (September 3, 1987) I put my gear and my gun on my bike and headed towards Macpass. A couple of miles down the road, I was putting along at about 10 mph looking into the trees and watching the hillsides. I decided to stop for a pee. I stopped where I could see some mountainsides and some valleys. I parked on the right side of the road. The sun was shining; the air was perfectly still and a bit cool. I was standing just in front of my bike watching the mountains to the south, when I noticed to the left out of the corner of my eye, what I first thought was an airplane. It was 400 to 500 yards away and about the size of a DC-3 plane or a full-size school bus.

It was travelling north to south, at about 40 yards above ground and moving maybe 30 km/h. Right away I thought "boy is he low". I blinked my eyes because I couldn't make out any tail fin or wings. It had what looked like portholes all along the side of it. It was cigar shaped with a grey strip down the middle and a dark green on top and bottom.

I thought to myself, "something's wrong with this picture", then I realised there was no sound! If it was an airplane, the roar would have filled the valley. As I watched, it seemed to partially dematerialize and then return to solid form, it did this as it was moving, a couple of times. Then it dawned on me, oh, oh, I don't think I should be seeing this; it's a UFO and probably doesn't want to be seen!

I crouched down on the road, hiding behind the roadside grass. I then watched it go behind a cone-shaped hill and not come out. I stood up looking for it and feeling very excited and happy about what I saw and thinking they didn't even know they were being watched. I was standing beside my bike when I heard a loud metallic clunk behind me around the corner. Right away I thought, somebody must be here and I've got to tell them what I saw. The noise I heard sounded like a heavy trunk lid on a car slamming shut. I quickly walked along the edge of the road to the corner to see who was there.

I came face to face (about 20 yards) with 2 grey creatures in blue jump suits, about 5 ft. tall with big insect looking heads, pointy faces, big eyes, thin arms, body and legs. I immediately thought "they're not little green men*, they're grasshopper people".

*(Before this, all I knew about aliens was that they were supposed to be little green men.)

At that same instant, the one on the left raised his left hand to his waist, which held some type of flashlight device and I saw a bright flash of light come from it. I instantly felt paralyzed and was convinced time had stopped, everything was black, no sound. I tried to yell "No!" but all that came out was a distorted grunt.

Next thing I knew I was standing on the side of the road scared, shaking and confused. Within seconds I remembered all of this that had just taken place and I thought, "I'm getting out of here before they get me again." I turned around to get my bike and for some reason it was not there, then I noticed it was on the other side of the road. I said to myself, "what the hell is this? I didn't put it there". Still panicking I rushed over and got on it and realized the keys were gone. I always left the keys in it, that way I could not lose them while sneaking around in the bush. I immediately started looking down the road and suddenly saw them in my hand. I started my bike and raced back to the trailer.

I was feeling scared and amazed at the same time and then noticed that all the shadows of the trees were pointing in a different direction than that of the morning sun. About 15 minutes later I was at the trailer. Half an hour later it was dark. I thought "no way, I only left here an hour ago, what's going on?" I was really confused then, I said to myself, "I'm not telling anybody about this, I'll just forget the whole thing".

I put on a pot of coffee and could then hear a soft humming sound above the trailer. I could also feel a soft vibration in everything (trailer, air, etc.). After about 10 minutes it had all stopped. I had a very strong feeling that they were outside. I did not look out the windows.

Later that night I still couldn't sleep and while having my coffee I began to have flashbacks of the past events. I remember being in a dream-like state watching scenery flash by underneath as if I was flying. I watched mountains and rivers and forests go by at a very high rate of speed.

I then became aware of other sounds and seemed to wake up. I opened my eyes and could see nothing but black, very deep and inky black. As I was looking at this, the blackness pulled back, revealing a face, I had been looking into the eyes of a grey type creature. I could hear in my mind a voice saying "there is nothing to worry about". I could hear him talking in my mind.

There were 3 or 4 of these types walking around, but only one talked to me. The two I saw earlier on the road, I never saw again. (Note: the aliens that he saw at this point were of the typical "grey type" while the ones at the edge of the road were more insectoid.)

I then sat up and had an idea of what might be going on and I asked, "Are you going to do experiments on me?" and the one said, "They've already been done." I felt really good then because, except for a strange sensation in my hands everything felt normal. I kept rubbing my hands together but did not look at them, as there was a totally strange environment to look at instead. I experienced no discomfort.

The being nearest me asked if I would like to see my home planet and I said sure. I then walked over to the window, where there was a machine that looked like a big copy machine. He asked me not to touch it, I replied "Don't worry, I'm not touching anything in here". He then said, that bright white star is your home. I didn't know anything about astronomy at the time, but I always thought earth was blue, so right away I thought he's lying. He also explained to me about space and stars etc. but I can't remember any of it now.

I was also asked if I would like to go on a trip. I replied "Not yet", I felt very honoured to be asked and I did want to go, but felt that the time was not right. Then I was told I would have to forget all of this. I was disappointed at hearing this. The first part of the experience was very scary, but once I was with them, I found them to be friendly, helpful and their looks didn't bother me. They actually seemed like old friends.

They gave me a clear glass, ¾ full with a yellow liquid and said to drink it up, it would make me forget everything. I told them, I did not want to forget an experience like this. It should be remembered! I was told it was for my own good that I forget. So I took 3 little sips and put the glass down. Next thing I know, I'm on the road by my bike, scared to death and wanting to get out of there. The next day I met up with the other two guys and never said anything to them.

Additional Notes

1) When the being shot me with the flashlight device, I experienced what they call "the cone of silence". It seemed like time stood still and nothing existed but me, like I was pulled from reality. It was the most absolute quiet ever imagined. I was really scared and tried to yell "No!", but all that came out was a gnarly growl. Everything went dark and I had the sensation of hurtling skyward at a terrific speed. I also felt that I was being stretched, as if my feet were on the ground and my upper body was 20 feet above. My whole body shooting skyward.

2) When I was watching the UFO move slowly in front of me, I thought, I better get a picture of this. My camera was just inside my jacket in my shirt pocket and was very quick and easy to get at. A sort of calming feeling came over me and I felt like, "It's no big deal", "don't worry about it", "I don't have to have a picture". Afterwards I thought, what bizarre behaviour. I kept 2 cameras on the go all the time and I was always on the lookout for photo opportunities. To think a U.F.O. photo is not important is insane.

3) While driving from Ross River to the trailer, I had a feeling that something unusual might happen, but never expected this.

4) Before this incident happened, I had no interest or knowledge about any of this. So one day I decided to write everything down that I could think of. (This original write-up has been misplaced) Afterwards I bought a couple of books on UFOs etc. and after reading them, realized that I'm not the only one, and that my experiences are not all just me.

5) Although I wanted to tell people about this, I was very reluctant to tell this story. Since it happened, I have told it to less than 10 people. Every time I tell someone, I feel like I just broke a promise I made to them that I wouldn't tell anybody. This feeling may just be me or it may be programmed into me to keep me quiet. I don't know. I decided to tell it as more of an awareness thing. I'm sure other people have had experiences but are held back.

6) When I got back to Ross River, I was thinking about the sensation in my hands when I sat up on the bed. (with the beings). I looked down at my palms and was startled to see a scoop mark in the palm of each hand. I had not seen these before. Over the next couple of years, I asked two doctors and four nurses if they knew what this was and they all said no, they had never seen anything like it before.

In September 2000, I asked my doctor about it and he said yes he knows of it and he told me the name of it (can't remember it now). But they had no idea what causes it. Coincidence? I don't know. I still have them.

http://www.ufobc.ca/yukon/n-canol-abd/index.htm

Kevin's account reminded me very much of my own, experienced in 1974. I had written it out in the fall of 2003 and several months prior to the posting of Kevin's account at UFO*BC. It was included with what I could remember of 8 or so other encounters I've experiemced throughout my life, starting I believe at around the age of 5 or so and which I will post here at some point.

http://www.ufobc.ca/Beyond/asimilarencounter.htm

There are many images and further information about the investigation into Kevin's account at the link provided. In my next post I hope to compare in detail my account with that of Kevin's and add an interesting bit that relates to both Kevin and I and the diary entries of 17th century Theosophist and visionary Jane Lead. I've covered this before but want to tuck it here as part of a larger record.

~C
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Sun May 31, 2009 1:56 pm

"In a northerly direction from the mouth of this creek, in an immense plain, a high hill is situated, and appears of a conic form, and by the different nations of Indians in this quarter, is supposed to be the residence of devils: that they are in human form with remarkable large heads, and about 18 inches high, that they are very watchful, and are armed with sharp arrows with which they can kill at a great distance. They are said to kill all persons who are so hardy as to attempt to approach the hill. They state that tradition informs them that many Indians have suffered by these little people, and, among others, three Maha men fell a sacrafice to their merciless fury not many years since. So much do the Maha, Sioux, otos, and other neighboring nations, believe this fable, that no consideration is sufficient to induce them to approach the hill."

- From the journal of William Clark, 24 August 1804 entry, from the Platte to the Vermillion.
"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:46 am

Former World War II Fighter Pilot Bud Clem’s 1945 UFO Experience at the Hanford Plutonium Production Plant

By Robert Hastings
www.ufohastings.com

Hanford Plutonium Plant Aerial View

8-8-09
On the Anniversary of the Destruction of Nagasaki:

When World War II ended, in September 1945, Clarence R. “Bud” Clem was a Lieutenant Junior Grade (Lt. jg) in the U.S. Naval Reserves, serving as an F6F Hellcat fighter pilot assigned to Air Group 50 aboard the U.S.S. Cowpens CVL25. In an email, Clem told me, “[After the Japanese surrendered,] the Cowpens was the first aircraft carrier to arrive in Tokyo Bay and I was with the first flight to land at Yokasuka Naval Air Station (NAS) that day.”

However, almost a year earlier, the Hellcat squadron had been based at NAS Klamath Falls, Oregon. “Our group was deployed to NAS Pasco, Washington for ground support training in March 1945.” Clem wrote, “The Hanford Ordnance Works was just across the Columbia River from Pasco and designated TOP SECRET. We experienced an unknown object over the Hanford site in March/April, 1945. I did not fly after the object, as two members of our squadron did, but I did assist in trying to determine what was going on. I am 84 and I do not know if any other members of our squadron are still alive [who] could add more information. If you have any information about our experience, I would like to see what the official report stated.”

I wrote to Clem, saying that I didn’t have any official reports relating to the incident. I then asked for more details. Clem responded:

One night, shortly after the evening meal, the officers were gathered at the Officers Club for relaxation when the duty officer at the tower called our commander with a request. Lt. Commander Richard Brown took the call, as the Captain was in conference. Ensign C.T. Neal and I were with Brown and he asked us if we would volunteer to go with him to the flight line for possible duty. We both agreed and a jeep was waiting at the door to take us to the flight line. We learned that an unknown ‘bogy’ was over the Hanford Ordnance Works, according to the radar operator located on an auxiliary field just across the Columbia River from Hanford reservation.

We had been instructed upon arrival that the Hanford Ordnance Works was Top Secret and NO flights over any part were permitted...We did not know about the radar, but the duty officer stated that something was in the sky over the area and wanted someone to investigate. A plane was [already] armed and warmed-up on the tarmac. Brown stated he would go and Neal was to stand-by in another plane, in case of trouble. I was to join the [controller] in the tower and communicate info from radar to the pilots.

Brown quickly found the object, a bright ball of fire, and took chase. But he could not close, even with water injection that gave a quick boost in speed. The object headed out NW towards Seattle and was quickly lost by radar. Brown returned to base and we three retired to the club, still shaking and wondering what we had encountered.

Memory does not recall details of two similar experiences—I think Neal was to take the next chase—but the object disappeared before he got airborne. I was assigned to fly the entire [Hanford] reservation at low altitude (200 feet or so) to give the radar operator the blind spots [caused by the terrain]…

The third, and last attempt on our part to ‘catch’ and identify the object came just shortly before we returned to Klamath Falls, and then on to California and Hawaii, before joining the 7th Fleet in combat. I do not know if any other incidents occurred after we left Washington. None of the above information was mentioned in the ‘history’ of our squadron but I wonder what is on record at NAS Pasco.1

I asked Clem, “During the first incident, how long did it take for the aircraft to get to Hanford?” He replied, “Not long. An aircraft was always ready to fly on short notice to intercept the Japanese incendiary balloons. If you’ve read the history of that project, and the concern the balloons caused, it would have been logical to intercept them before they could reach Hanford.”

I asked Clem if the pilot on the first night, Lt. Commander Brown, had described the object in detail, either over the radio or back at the Officers Club. Clem replied, “He just said it was so bright that you could hardly look directly at it. As he closed on it, it took off to the northwest at a high rate of speed. No maneuvers really, just a straight-line course.”

Other questions to Clem added few details. He later sent me his military records which revealed that the fighter squadron was actually at Pasco from January 9 to February 15, 1945, not during March and April, as he had first indicated. Perhaps significantly, Hanford began plutonium-separation processing on January 20, 1945. Some of that material was used in the “Fat Man” bomb that was dropped on Nagasaki, on August 9, 1945.

But Bud Clem’s account is not unique. Another former World War II fighter pilot, Rolan D. Powell, has revealed that he too had been involved in a UFO intercept attempt at the Hanford plant, possibly in July 1945. That incident was first mentioned in a self-published book by Byron D. Varner: an aviation cadet during World War II, whose naval career included a 13-year stint as a Navy Public Affairs Officer.

Upon learning of Powell’s report, Walt Andrus, former International Director of the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), located and interviewed him. According to a short article available at nicap.org, Powell told Andrus that while he was unaware of the whereabouts of the other five aviators who had been involved in the action, and did not even remember their full names, they had nevertheless belonged to a squadron of 12 veteran fighter pilots who had survived combat in the Pacific as members of Air Group 3, while assigned to the U.S.S. Yorktown [CV-10].

According to the article:

Powell estimated that the event took place six weeks before the Japanese surrendered on September 2, 1945, which puts the sighting in the middle of July 1945.

Powell told Andrus that six F6F [aircraft] made visual contact with the object, [which was] described as the size of three aircraft carriers side-by-side, oval shaped, very streamlined, like a stretched-out egg, and pinkish in color. Powell reported that some kind of vapor was being emitted around the outside edges from portholes or vents. He speculated that the vapor was being discharged to form a cloud for disguise. The object was observed at noon in a clear sky at an estimated altitude of 65,000 feet.

The F6Fs went up as high as 42,000 feet, well above their rated ceiling of 37,000 feet, but could not reach the large object, which hovered above the Hanford nuclear reactor for an additional 20 minutes, before going straight up as the six Hellcats gave up the intercept.2

A rather dramatic account, to say the least! Hopefully, at least some of the other members of Powell’s squadron who participated in this action can be located and interviewed. Efforts are currently underway to do just that.

In any case, given Bud Clem’s recent report to me, it now appears likely that UFO surveillance at America’s nuclear weapons sites began at least several months prior to the successful test of the first atomic bomb, in the New Mexico desert, on July 16, 1945. Moreover, if Rolan Powell’s estimate of the date of his encounter at Hanford is reasonably accurate, the event he describes would have occurred around the time of the test. (That said, Bud Clem’s initial estimate of his squadron’s presence at the Pasco NAS was off by some two months, perhaps not unreasonably, given that the reported event occurred over 60 years ago. Similarly, Powell’s estimate of the time-frame for his own experience may be somewhat inaccurate as well.)

References

1. Bud Clem to Robert Hastings, personal communication, April 2, 2009

2. http://www.nicap.org/ncp/ncp-hanford45.htm

The UFO Chronicles
"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Whitehorse UFO Sighting

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Sun May 16, 2010 11:59 pm

Whitehorse Family Abduction, 1976 or 1977

Received February 2009

Hello my name is "C", but please do not use it if you print this story, I am a 35 year old mother of two and I believe that myself and my children have been abducted many times and over many years. My mother first told me of an abduction that happened when I was just 2 or 3 years old. We had been living in Whitehorse as my father worked in the copper mine, my mom said she woke up to a heavy weight on her chest and she could not move, she stated she was terrified and wanted only to get to my sister and myself when a voice spoke inside her head apparently telling her the children would be fine and she should not be afraid. She said this whole experience lasted several minutes and that the dog was barking frantically the whole time. When she was able to move again she checked on us and we were fine.

The first abduction of mine I remember was when I was pregnant with my son, (although I had suspicions of earlier abductions this one is my first very clear memory of one) I had been very ill during my pregnancy and I recall waking up one night floating towards my bedroom door, I could not move at all, I could just barely turn my head. I could see my husband and he was awake as well looking at me with huge eyes. He could not move either. I remember nothing after that but when I spoke to my husband in the morning, he related to me a weird "dream" he had of me floating out of the bedroom and not being able to get up to stop me.

That morning the issues I had been having with my pregnancy were resolved, I do not know if this was because of something that was done to me that night or not but seems to be a huge coincidence.

My children have both told me stories of the monsters or the owls that come into their rooms at night to give them suckers and poke them with needles. We have all woken many mornings with mysterious needle marks and bruises. We have also found sucker sticks in the children's rooms when we did not allow sweets in our home and can not account for where they came from, I have thought I was crazy for years but I do believe we are not alone and for whatever reason they seem to keep coming back for me. Thanks for listening feels good to finally tell some one about this, whether you believe me or not.

http://www.ufobc.ca/yukon/wthse-abduction-1976-77.htm
Cosmic Cowbell

Re: Strange Days- The Pacific NW

Postby telephoneman » Tue May 18, 2010 9:44 am

Thanks for posting these. Good stuff.
And now I lurk
telephoneman

Re: Strange Days- The Pacific NW

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:48 pm

I wrote the following on the date indicated on one of those Journal thingy's that were just becoming popular at the time. All I wrote was and is true as I know it.

XXXX wrote,
@ 2004-09-27 20:09:00

More......

I wrote this in late summer of 2003 as part of a "Record of Events" I created of my experiences. This description is only part of a much larger experience but I just wanted to show again the idea of confirmation and synchronicity. I have felt this kind of thing many times. During the experience, I notice trivial "markers", things I either think or say to myself. Examples of this are phrases like "I know what this is" or "This is not a dream, I must remember. The following is another example. A glimmer of thought, completely irrational for the moment. I remember thinking this to myself like it was yesterday.

This is from an engagement I call "Introductions" that occurred in the mid eighties. This event took place in wilderness of the Cascade mountain range in Washington State:

"There was definitely light of an early morning type nature, possibly daybreak, and I recall thinking it was a highly dangerous place to park because it (the UFO) was sitting in a low spot just around and down from a curve in the road and someone could come barreling around the corner and cause an accident."

(CC's note: The above is simply an excerpt from the original "Introductions" portion of the document. I recall being 'escorted' by two entities down a slight decline on a dirt road towards an object sitting in the middle of a dirt road as described above. The only thing I distinctly recall thinking to myself was "that's a stupid place to park". Those were the exact words. Seriously.)

Again, I wrote this in August of 2003 (the Record of Events). This is documented. Two months later, a researcher who I had never heard of before, died from injuries she sustained in a motorcycle accident. Her name was Constance Clear. I found out about it by reading this:

Famed Abduction Therapist Constance Clear Dies

I was intrigued and did further research into her work and within a week, I had ordered her book entitled "Reaching For Reality". It contains the results of her work with seven "Abductees" who somehow discovered her and each other. Excellent book.

On page 52 of "Reaching For Reality", I came across this passage. It describes Daniels experience while driving down a dirt road in rural New Mexico. Mind you, I am reading this three months after I created my log.

"Prior to this episode with waking "in the wrong place", one of only two distinct memories of something unusual is one of encountering something on a dirt road in New Mexico, something in the road that I had to avoid just after we rounded the bend in the road. I remember seeing a landing strut support of some kind, and a vaguely cylindrical object just after we rounded the bend in the road. I swerved to avoid the object, drove the Jeep we owned at the time into the bar ditch and kept going. Sara was with me at the time, but does not remember this incident."

In the book, under hypnosis, Daniel describes the accident in detail, remembers that they didn't keep going and then elaborates on what he saw. His description of the craft roughly matches what I recall seeing.

"The object was, in the glimpse I caught, roughly cylindrical, about the size of one of the Butane tanks common in that area, large enough to reach from side to side on the road, about twenty feet. There are four landing struts, two at each end. They are quite robust bits of hardware, beefy and clearly intended two take considerable punishment. I think the Jeeps wheels rolled over the disk-like foot of the near strut, as we passed it. The surface of the tank-like part is white but not smooth. It has a texture to it, like seams and welding marks....detail of some kind that I didn't see clearly."

Daniels accounts are recalled in the book around 1997. It was not indicated what year the "accident" occurred in Daniels life, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was in the mid eighties.

(CC's note: This was the end of the original Journal post. Now comes the good part)

Several weeks after that original Journal post I later ran across this report from Filers Files of Oct 22nd, 2004 ....notice the date and time of the encounter.

SNOQUALMIE PASS/BLEWETT PASS --The wife and I were returning from mushroom hunting in the Blewitt Pass/Snoqualmie pass area on Saturday afternoon on September 27, 2004, about 7:45 PM. We stopped by a river to fish around 7pm, and I decided to rest a bit, and have a smoke break and watch my wife fish the river. The sun was going down over th e mountains, and the sky was clear. There were some faint stars becoming visible and I looked up towards the northeast, over a mountain and saw an unusual looking 'star'. I say 'unusual' because it wasn't a 'whitish' color but more of a whitish/bluish color, about half the size of the North Star.

I watched this object for a minute, and then realized it was moving very slowly, appearing to be coming towards us. It was difficult to estimate the distance or altitude of the 'star', but I would guess it to be at a round 7500 AGL, and I can't even guess at the distance. I am a commercial pilot and have been flying for close to 30 years, so I know what aircraft and other types of objects look like. Anyway, about two minutes later, the object got brighter, again with a bluish tint, and it appeared to be coming toward us. There was no noise, and at this time, I yelled to my wife t o come look at this object. She came over, and quickly ran to our SUV to get my binoculars. I stood watching the object while she was looking through the binoculars, saying...Oh my God......

I got a look through the binoculars and could make out what looked to be a perfectly round, translucent 'orb', with lights around the outer 'edge', if there is such a thing, on a round object. About this time, the hairs on the back of my neck were standing straight out, and I got this very uncomfortable feeling of being 'watched'. I was probably mumbling something while watching this thing for another minute, and then, suddenly, it shot straight up and disappeared. It was one of most unusual objects my wife or I have ever witnessed. There was no noise from the craft, and where we were fishing, there was no sound at all. We could not even hear the sound of the river, since the water was so low, it was dead silent. I would estimate that we watched it for about 4 to 5 minutes total. The sky was clear at the time and no other aircraft were flying in the area.

Thanks to Peter Davenport Director, www .ufocenter.com

http://ufoupdateslist.com/2004/oct/m22-001.shtml

You'll find the above report about two-thirds of the way down the page.

Here is a map where my original experience occurred. You'll see Blewitt pass to the right. My original engagement occurred on the road to the trail head at Mt. Stuart, a place I had been to in the early 70's on a group youth hike. I recall a somewhat strange memory from the first night of that hike. I was laying in my sleeping bag under a tree at the trail head where we camped after arriving that afternoon. I distinctly recall waking up, opening my eyes and seeing what may have been a deer or elk standing over me. All I remember is big black eyes. That's it.

So to recap this story...The exact time (see time stamp on my original Journal post) I was posting an experience that contained synchronicity to someone else's experience, another couple was witnessing a UFO in the exact same area of my original sighting, at that exact time I posted the journal entry. It may be difficult to follow all this, but the time stamps don't lie...and neither do I. I'm happy to go into more detail or explain what isn't understood if anyone has questions. There may be a discrepancy in the day and date of the couple's NUFORC report because the date in question was a Monday - not a Saturday. Is the day or the date correct? I'm not sure. But in the end, it's not critically important to the overall story because as you can see by the link that that was how it was originally posted by them. The reader can decide at what level the synchronicity applies. I will say this. It wasn't the first time a simultaneous web post of mine coincided with an anomalous event that occured exactly as I was in the process of writing about the same thing. The other time included Jim G.s Mantis entities.

I have more like this as well. You are free to take them or leave them as you please.

~Cowbell
Cosmic Cowbell

Return to Data & Research Compilations