Drugs Law Enforcement and Foreign Policy -sen Kerry report

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Drugs Law Enforcement and Foreign Policy -sen Kerry report

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:08 am

[url=http://www.thememoryhole.org/kerry/]"Drugs, Law Enforcement and Foreign Policy"
a/k/a the Kerry Report Transcripts[/url]

In 1987/8, two subcommittees of the US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations held three 14 days of hearings on drug trafficking. Headed by Sen. John F. Kerry (D - Mass.), the panel heard evidence of official corruption in Central America, South America, the Caribbean, and the United States. The next year, the government published the transcripts in a 4-volume set that has remained a touchstone for anyone interested in narco-corruption, particularly as it involves US intelligence agencies.

The trouble is, this 1,800-page goldmine of information has been incredibly hard to find. The Memory Hole's copy was given to me by a friend of the family—Lorenzo Hagerty—who told me an interesting story. As soon as the Kerry Report was published, Lorenzo ordered a set of the transcripts from the Government Printing Office. When it arrived, he began reading it and realized how important it was. He immediately called the GPO to order another set. He was told that the set was already out of print and would not be published again. It had been available to the public for one single week.

Small portions of the Kerry Report transcripts have been published online, but they are only a fraction of the entire four volumes. The Memory Hole has scanned and posted the entire thing.

The one-volume final report based on these hearings—also very rare—has been scanned and posted by the National Security Archive. It's available here [PDF].

More info about the hearings is here.

They have the 4 volumes of the Senate Hearings into Cocaine trafficking headed by John Kerry, and the one volume final report. Its four files of hearingseach about 20 to 30 megs cept the last one which has all links to the 190 page report, and a fifth PDF containing the one volume final report.

I haven't downloaded it and probably won't, at least in the near future, but its there if anyone wants to comb through all 1000 or so pages.
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby OP ED » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:33 pm

thnx Joe. i have enough free time to do that. tomorrow maybe.
OP ED

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Data & Research Compilations