Who are THEY and THEM? (Data-dump only)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Who are THEY and THEM? (Data-dump only)

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:10 am

I'm putting this in the data dump because I just want to gather up responses to this never-ending question. Who are the villains that are at the root of the problems of the world; who 'eats the suffering' so to speak?

I agree reducing world events to a simple THEY/THEM is extremely sloppy thinking, nevertheless that vague pronoun is employed at some point or another by even some of the best writers and thinkers. It's naive to think it's all coincidence theory, that THEY don't exist, that no one is behind the curtain, ever.

As I said, I just want to collect up the responses and suggestions. This thread isn't for debating the value or wrongheadedness of believing in one or another particular THEY. I'm just interested in making a list of the usual suspects, the scapegoats and bugbears that seemingly just can't be banished from our collective imagination. Just let it flow, anything you can think of or have heard.

I'll start:

The satanists, the antichrist, the jews, the moslems, the liberals, the conservatives, the Military-Industrial Complex, the CIA, the aliens (is it the blues or the grays?), the neocons, the bankers, the WASPS, the NWO, the illuminati, the Vatican, the government, the shadow government, the elite, the patriarchy, wall street, big agra, the fascists, the corporations, the rich, the NSA, hierarchy, the world bank, the imf, the g8, the great satan/infidels, the paedocracy, the aristocracy, the old money, the reptilians...

§ê¢rꆧ

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Who are THEY and THEM? (Data-dump only)

Postby barracuda » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:43 pm

I'll just quote my earlier diatribe concerning this question:

barracuda wrote:
wintler2 wrote:I'm not sure megascale enviro problems can be slated home to any particular 'they', we've all either passively or actively contributed to many of them.

Uh uh. I don't buy that one. That's a nice way to socialize the ills of the planet while allowing the worst offenders to get off easy with their money in hand.

Who is "they"? The multi-nationals and the corrupt government officials charged with the ultimate stewardship of huge tracts of resources that are funneled into wastefull processes for the financial benefit of a select few and to the ultimate detriment of the rest of us.

Who is "they"? They are Unocal, Exxon, the tobacco companies, AT&T, the logging industry, McDonalds, the fishing industry and the politicians who keep "them" in business through graft and mendacity while the rest of us know exactly what should be done and are rendered powerless to accomplish it through the machinations of power and money that drives their heartless system. Sorry - I don't count myself as among them.

Who is "they"? Their names are in the financial prospectus for each and every Fortune 500 company and can be readily found in the Forbes 400 as well. They are not hidden or difficult to locate. They are well protected by our elected representatives in Washington, and by the tinted glass on their fucking stretch limos.

Who is "they"? They are the same folks who are actively working every minute of the day to pump each and every last drop of oil out of the ground in order to make the gasoline and plastic bags which you and I have known most of our adult lives are causing the ecology to degrade catastrophically. I didn't do that, and to infer that I had something to do with it is insulting to me and my bank account.

Who is "they"? They are the self serving hypocritical motherfuckers who talk on TV and radios about "God" and "Family Values" and "gay marriage" and "American pride" and "homegrown energy sources" who hire hookers, cheat on their wives, fuck haitian child prostitutes and connive to get your last dime while they take their paychecks from the very companies without borders who are raping the land and sea to perdition. If you can't separate yourself from "them", look again and see who has profited by this global meltdown. It wasn't me. I've seen a hundred better ways to carry stuff around than a plastic bag, and don't gimme that convenience talk, either. None of this shit has been convenient. Not the cars, not the bags, not the crappy tuna, not the fast food, not the taxes or the wars that radiated entire middle east countries for the transnational corporations and their ennabling political stooges. They are the "they".
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby §ê¢rꆧ » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:52 pm

... the black helicopters, the UN, the octopus, the zionists, sociopathy/ponerology, the george shultz-ruppert-murdoch-warren-buffet-faction of the anglo-american ruling class...
§ê¢rꆧ

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:55 pm

"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby telephoneman » Tue May 18, 2010 11:46 am

I would think they are the greediest of the greedy. Maybe some crazy fuckers too... but still greedy.
And now I lurk
telephoneman

Return to Data & Research Compilations