FBI WATCH MAKING CRUELTY VISIBLE

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: FBI WATCH MAKING CRUELTY VISIBLE

Postby fruhmenschen » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:39 pm

Iamwhomiam wrote:Hope you don't mind my posting this here, Ape. I thought about originating another thread entitled "Prosecutorial Misconduct", but decided instead to place it here.

But let me tell you why... The Albany federal prosecutor mentioned is relatively new in this position, recently replacing his predecessor who was appointed a federal judge.. We've seen the set up and successful prosecution of the Imam Yassin Aref and another Muslim, pizza store owner Mohammad Hossain and the case of the Newburgh 4. Some believe these to have been just prosecutions of "Muslim terrorists."
I am not one who does, but I do believe prosecuting these cases to have been a complete perversion of our system of justice. And I consider myself to be rather conservative.

The former head federal prosecutor had a rather clear-cut case of City of Albany police officers illegally buying machine guns, fully-automatic rifles, and avoiding federal taxes on the bulk private purchase and possessing them illegally. More than 50 weapons were involved.

This all came to light after ATF&E agents visited a gun dealer who had a record of serious violations of his licenses and found one of these weapons openly up for sale.

One of the cops either traded it in or received cash for it from the gun dealer, I cannot right now recall more exactly the circumstances of the exchange, but regardless, the transfer of ownership was illegal. The firearms dealer should have been prosecuted and should have lost his licenses.

This scandalous criminal activity he chose not to prosecute. Nary a cop, nor dealer, nor the former Assistant county DA or any of the other unnamed private citizens

And now this former federal prosecutor sits in judgment of other felonious characters brought before him in an exercise of Justice.

September 24, 4:15 PM, 2010

An Ethics Meltdown at the Justice Department

By Scott Horton

USA Today offers an extraordinary multi-part study of prosecutorial misconduct at the Department of Justice over the last decade, under both Democratic and Republican administrations. The stories generally show prosecutors out to support the political agendas of their bosses. They also indicate a systematic evasion of the requirements of prosecutorial ethics and a collapse of ethics training and enforcement within the Justice Department, where an ethos of “victory at all costs” now controls.

USA TODAY spent six months examining federal prosecutors’ work, reviewing legal databases, department records and tens of thousands of pages of court filings. Although the true extent of misconduct by prosecutors will likely never be known, the assessment is the most complete yet of the scope and impact of those violations. USA TODAY found a pattern of “serious, glaring misconduct,” said Pace University law professor Bennett Gershman, an expert on misconduct by prosecutors. “It’s systemic now, and … the system is not able to control this type of behavior. There is no accountability.” He and Alexander Bunin, the chief federal public defender in Albany, N.Y., called the newspaper’s findings “the tip of the iceberg” because many more cases are tainted by misconduct than are found. In many cases, misconduct is exposed only because of vigilant scrutiny by defense attorneys and judges.

The study quotes former U.S. attorney general Dick Thornburgh, who headed the Justice Department in the first Bush Administration and who was harshly critical of the collapse of ethics standards in the second Bush Administration. Thornburgh surveys the record of the past decade and states that “No civilized society should countenance such conduct or systems that failed to prevent it.”

What does Thornburgh mean by “systems that failed?” The focus of his ire is plainly a culture within the Justice Department that promotes abuse and fails to deal with abuse when it is publicly exposed. Despite his promises to clean the situation up, Eric Holder has done nothing other than arrange some ethics training courses. The Department steadily resists disciplinary action against prosecutors who misbehave and attempts to block public exposure of their misconduct through congressional probes with claims of prosecutorial immunity. Holder refuses even to take questions on the subject at public events (as occurred just this week at an event marking the fiftieth anniversary of To Kill a Mockingbird in Alabama). The U.S. attorney who is perhaps the worst single Bush-era offender remains in her position as Republican senators block efforts to appoint a replacement, and the Justice Department continues to stonewall an investigation into some of the most serious cases of abuse. In recent testimony before the House, Justice Department Inspector General Glenn Fine has acknowledged (PDF) the damage these disclosures have done both to the Department’s morale and to its reputation. Fine’s own office has revealed significant evidence of prosecutorial misconduct, particularly in political cases. Moreover, his reports often show how even his internal team is often blocked from getting to the bottom of abuse stories.

The USA Today study includes a database reviewing 201 cases, interviews with some of the Justice Department’s innocent victims, and summaries of some of the searing criticisms of prosecutors run amok from federal judges. What it covers is only a tiny fraction of the systematic abuses that scar the administration of justice in this country. Still, the USA Today effort is substantial and impressive, and clearly puts the publication in Pulitzer territory.

Not sure what your question is. Let me context my posts again so we can establish what drives my posting.
I tend to view all reality, including the Criminal justice system as perfect in this moment that we live . The CJ system is just another institution humans have created that teaches them lessons. When humans learn the lessons the institution changes and a new set of lesson plans appear.
At this moment in the development of the human species most humans are not concerned about the role institutions play in shaping their evolution.
I am and work to create models that will contribute to my species evolution.
For example I believe prisons are nothing more than electronic cesspools that produce nothing more than a more vicious and competent criminal.
It cost taxpayers $35,000.00 to house one person in prison for 1 year. This does not include police costs to arrest that person nor the costs for court
or welfare if that person has a family to take care of on the street. Of course this does not reflect the costs associated to the person who is the victim of the crime.
7 out of 10 men will return to prison once they are released usually within 2 years.
Most of my work on myself now deals with making voters and taxpayers aware that they are the primary consumers of the CJ system and as such they should
control how it is run. After all it is their tax dime that pays to operate the system. They own the buildings, equipment and the staff that operate them.

My own evolution deals with learning how to communicate, deal with anger, meet some great people and learn how to use my creativity in constructive ways.
So if you have a beef with corruption my first question might be : How can I use this experience to further my evolution as a human being around this issue of corruption? Of course this assumes you know what the possibilities are for human evolution. To jog your thinking in this arena I suggest you visit the writing of
Jane Roberts and start with her book SETH SPEAKS . Make friends with Richard Alpert and read his book THE ONLY DANCE THERE IS and try to make some quiet time with Rainier Marie Rilke who I will now quote.
“Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day." from Letters to a Young Poet
fruhmenschen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby fruhmenschen » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:27 am

International Law Expert: Ahmadinejad is Right about 9/11!

http://www.intifada-palestine.com/2010/ ... about-911/
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:15 pm

Report: US would make Internet wiretaps easier

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100927/ap_ ... t_wiretaps
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:25 pm

FBI Raids Activists' Homes in Sinister COINTELPRO Replay

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... &aid=21208
fruhmenschen

Postby Sounder » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:53 am

Fruhmenschen wrote…
I tend to view all reality, including the Criminal justice system as perfect in this moment that we live . The CJ system is just another institution humans have created that teaches them lessons. When humans learn the lessons the institution changes and a new set of lesson plans appear.
At this moment in the development of the human species most humans are not concerned about the role institutions play in shaping their evolution.
I am and work to create models that will contribute to my species evolution.

This is so refreshing frumenchen. This context helps me to ‘read’ you better. I have noted your posts with interest and hope that others will engage with you before you get tired of talking to the brick wall and move on to greener pastures.

Anyway my sthick is also about creating props for a new model, or as I call it, a new psychical conditioning system. I tend to not fault people for being products of their environment, because after all, we all are; what with humans being so impressionable and in need of validation and all.

We must do more than dream about a better environment for expressions of life and my thing about balancing order and liberty is an attempt to do that. Besides being the chosen method for monitoring and creating success in my own life. (it’s working)
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:23 am

Regardless of anything else, Fruhmenschen, you're creating awareness which is the first step toward empowerment. That is vital to taking responsibility for our development as individuals and as a species. Our lessons would be much richer if we realized they were lessons and consciously participated in the outcomes.
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby fruhmenschen » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:16 pm

IG Says Many FBI Agents Cheated On Surveillance Test

see link for full story
http://thecrimereport.org/2010/09/28/ig ... ance-test/

Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 5:06 am

Justice Department Inspector General Glenn Fine found “significant abuses and cheating” in a test for FBI agents on bureau policies for conducting surveillance on Americans, reports Ticklethewire.com. The report said employees worked together or got answers to the open book exam in violation of FBI policy. The report said more than 200 finished the test in 20 minutes or less and many got high scores. FBI officials who developed the test said it takes at least 90 minutes. Agents have said the actually can easily take three to four hours.

“The FBI should take appropriate disciplinary action against those employees identified by the OIG who cheated or engaged in inappropriate conduct related to the [] exam,” the report said. FBI Director Robert Mueller III said that, “in cases where misconduct has been determined, personnel actions were taken, and that process continues. We will follow-up in each of the 22 cases the IG has found for disciplinary action, as appropriate, as well as any other allegations of misconduct.”
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Ohio Quadruples Antiterror Fusion Center, One Of 72 In U.S.
see link for full story

http://thecrimereport.org/2010/09/28/oh ... 72-in-u-s/

Ohio’s counterterrorism nerve center quadrupled in size yesterday, a move that state and federal officials said should help sniff out potential acts of terrorism before they occur, reports the Columbus Dispatch. State officials christened the new Strategic Analysis and Information Center, better known as the “fusion center,” a 9,000-square-foot facility that houses Ohio’s 39 terrorism watchdogs, a variety of computers and a giant monitor that displays current happenings.

Yesterday, it showed CNN, traffic cameras, and weather maps. Fusion centers caught on nationally after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attack, which revealed a lack of coordination among federal, state and local agencies that are supposed to track terrorist threats and respond to emergencies. There are now 72 fusion centers nationwide. “It really serves as that information-sharing platform for the federal government to get the information on the plans and techniques to give them a better ability to detect unlawful activity,” said Bart Johnson, principal deputy undersecretary for intelligence and analysis at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Johnson assured that the newfound intelligence-sharing capabilities wouldn’t be used to violate civil liberties or infringe on privacy.
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:09 am

Liars for Hire: The Alchemy of Provocation
September 28, 2010
see link for full story
http://www.lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w172.html

by William Norman Grigg

For reasons the FBI has yet to disclose, in 2009 the Bureau became interested in a young man named Sami Samir Hassoun, who had immigrated to the United States from Lebanon.

Although his family came from a Shia-dominated region of that country, Hassoun was never particularly religious. He was, according to friends, exceptionally intelligent (he attended an elite school, studied medicine briefly, and is fluent in English and French as well as Arabic) and given to boasting.

Chicago restaurant owner Joseph Abraham recalls that Hassoun "wanted to make fast money" and lusted after personal fame. He succeeded in becoming a global celebrity of sorts on September 19 when he was arrested by a throng of FBI agents and Chicago cops after he deposited what he thought was a powerful bomb outside a bar near Wrigley Field.

The device had been manufactured at an FBI counter-terrorism lab in Quantico, Virginia, and supplied to Hassoun by two undercover FBI agents posing as terrorism financiers. The agents paid the young man $2,700 to quit his day job – and promised him a great deal more – to work full-time brainstorming various terrorist plots against targets in Chicago.

"My client didn't bring anything of his own making to the incident," maintains Hassoun's defense attorney Myron Auerbach. "Things were given to him." Hassoun, according to his friend Joseph Abraham (who knew him as a delivery man for a nearby bakery), had a fertile imagination, a gift for self-dramatization, and occasional difficulty in telling the unadorned truth. All of those traits appear to have worked in unfortunate synergy to get the young man into trouble. There is little in Hassoun's background to suggest a future career in terrorism, absent the FBI's intervention. Why did the FBI approach him in the first place?

Hassoun had no criminal record or background in violent or radical groups. According to FBI Special Agent Samuel Hartman, who swore out the criminal complaint against Hassoun, the decision to pair him up with an undercover provocateur was based on "information relating to Hassoun that is unrelated to this matter." This suggests, at least to hardened cynics like me, that the Bureau was trolling for patsies and learned something about Hassoun that they considered an exploitable vulnerability.
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:42 am

Gainesville Area SDS Rallies Against FBI Raids On Anti-War Activists

http://www.fightbacknews.org/2010/9/28/ ... -activists
fruhmenschen

Postby Sounder » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:41 am

Hey frumenchen, you do understand that this is a discussion board rather than being an information clearing house? Right?

And just curious, can you tell us whether or not you are a sock puppet for AD. :eeyaa :eeyaa :confused
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby fruhmenschen » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:03 am

Police Civilian Review Boards is a first step in the process towards
communities controlling how their criminal justice system operates.
The emphasis here is on the word CIVILIAN in Review Board.
One eventual goal once the civilian population has regained control is
for communities to institute their own civilian patrols based on the restorative justice model. see http://www.restorativejustice.org/

The question a voter and taxpayer always asks about something they fund is does this institution create more disorder than the amount of order it brings to the community?

see
http://www.berkeleycopwatch.org/
http://portlandcopwatch.org/
http://www.chicagocopwatch.org/
http://www.westernmasscopwatch.net/tag/boston/
http://westdenvercopwatch.wordpress.com/
http://www.copwatchla.org/
http://copwatch505.blogspot.com/

for the uneducated and the uneducable

high school dropout can't find work so he joins the Marines to Semper Fi
and collect some money.
High school dropout is sent to Paris Island to be all he can be. He is trained to kill women and children and a occasional freedom fighter trying to protect his wife from being raped by Mr Semper Fi.
High school dropout ships out to invade Iraq for USEmpire and US oil companies.
American oil companies are struggling with the problem of Peak Oil.
Peak oil means we no longer have a infinite supply of oil.Maybe you saw the documentary film END OF SUBURBIA see
http://www.endofsuburbia.com/previews.htm

high school drop out didn't because his high school teachers were too busy DUMBING him down
see
http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/bookstor ... nblum1.htm

High School dropout manages to kill a couple hundred women and children while throwing in a occasional rape. Mr Sempi Fi has now been transformed into Mr serial killer.
Mr high school dropout/serial killer now begins to experience extreme depression from his actions. Mental Wealth workers call it Post Traumatic
Stress Syndrome. But the only people who experience traumatic stress in Iraq are the Iraqi women being raped by Semper Fi's before they shot and killed them.
Good thing serial killer/high school dropout has never read the research
of Ian Stevenson MD whose groundbreaking study of 3,000 children who remember previous lives provides the science for the existence of reincarnation. see
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituar ... enson.html

What this means for high school dropout is that he will be coming back
again for another life . Of course so will the people he murdered , so for practical purposes he has another couple hundred lives he has to live getting "wacked" by the life forms he semper fi'd.

The difference this time is the raped and murdered have had some time to ponder while they wait for him to pass over, how they will "do" Mr Semper Fi- the high school drop out serial killer.

Mr high school dropout comes back from Iraq out of work unless he re-enlists. There are not to many job openings for serial killers until he lands a job working with his be all you can be buddies at the local police department or the FBI.
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:10 am

Antiwar activists raided by FBI could face prison

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... &aid=21236
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 pm

FBI testing software downloaded answers onto test takers' computers, says IG

http://www.fiercegovernmentit.com/story ... 2010-09-29
fruhmenschen

Postby Sounder » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:42 pm

OOOUUUK, SOUNDS like you may have a bright future here frumenchen. :yay :yay :yay

Hell who needs honesty anyway. :jumping: :jumping: :mrgreen:
Sounder

PreviousNext

Return to Data & Research Compilations