Dana Rohrabacher (R-CIA)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Dana Rohrabacher (R-CIA)

Postby MinM » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:50 pm

82_28 wrote:BAGHDAD (AFP) – Iraqi authorities have asked for a US congressman to leave the country after he called for Baghdad to repay part of the money spent by Washington since the 2003 invasion, a spokesman said on Saturday.

Republican representative Dana Rohrabacher's remarks at a news conference in Baghdad stood in stark contrast to those by senior American officials, who have pressed Iraqi officials to decide soon whether they want US troops to stay beyond a year-end withdrawal deadline.

"We called the US embassy yesterday and we told them to ask the congressmen to leave Iraq," government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh told AFP. "We don't want them here. What they said was inappropriate."

Dabbagh said Rohrabacher and his congressional delegation had not raised the issue in a meeting with Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, contradicting the US politician's comments that he had spoken about potential repayments with the Iraqi leader.

It was not immediately clear if Rohrabacher and the delegation were still in the country when the request was made.

"Once Iraq becomes a very rich and prosperous country... we would hope that some consideration be given to repaying the United States some of the mega-dollars that we have spent here in the last eight years," Rohrabacher told journalists at the US embassy on Monday.

Rohrabacher, a member of the Foreign Affairs Committee in the US House of Representatives, declined to give specifics on how much should be repaid, or over how long.

US embassy spokesman David Ranz said that while the mission "has a responsibility to host congressional visitors," the views of the politicians "do not necessarily express the views of the US administration or even a majority of the Congress."

He declined to comment on Dabbagh's remarks.

Around 45,000 American troops are still in Iraq, mostly tasked with training and equipping their Iraqi counterparts.

All US troops must withdraw from the country by the end of the year, under the terms of a security pact, but US officials have been pressing Baghdad to decide quickly whether or not it wants an extension.

Dabbagh said Iraqi President Jalal Talabani would lead a meeting of the country's political leaders "very soon" to deal with "issues related to the American withdrawal from Iraq."

Rohrabacher was leading a bipartisan US congressional delegation on a visit to Iraq, primarily to look into a raid by Iraqi security forces in April on the Ashraf camp housing thousands of exiled Iranians in which at least 35 camp residents died...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32352

vanlose kid wrote:SEK3 - In 1969, both the SDS and the Young Americans for Freedom split at their respective conventions. The "right" Libertarians from YAF joined the free-market anarchists from SDS at a historic conference in New York over Columbus Day weekend, called by Murray Rothbard and Karl Hess. In February of 1970, several activists working for Robert LeFevre organized an even bigger conference in Los Angeles at USC, which included Hess, SDS ex-president Carl Oglesby, and just about every big name in the Movement up to that point. I attended both, as well as the YAF Convention in St. Louis before...

The final step was provided by an anti-communist free-market anarchist named Dana Rohrabacher at the St. Louis YAF Convention. He was a charismatic campus activist, radicalized by Robert LeFevre who provided him with small funding to travel the country with his instrument and folk songs from campus to campus, converting YAF chapters into Libertarian Alliances and SIL chapters. Alas, later he fell into politics, but not the LP. The Libertarian billionaire Charles Koch supported him in two failed Republicans primary campaigns, and after Rohrabacher put in time as Ronald Reagan's speechwriter, he got his reward of a safe seat in the U.S. House of Representatives from Orange County. He is still in office today, with growing seniority. There are few issues on which he is still Libertarian, certainly fewer than, say, Ron Paul holds.

But in 1969-71, Dana Rohrabacher was the most successful and most beloved Libertarian activist, and, in my opinion, there would not have been a Movement without him. And he was a close friend of mine until he crossed the line with his campaign for Congress...

viewtopic.php?p=389278#p389278

chump wrote:This may have been posted, but I didn't know Dana Rohrabacher was at the Ambassador Hotel :o

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2 ... _to_so.php

Rohrabacher went in drag to solve already solved RFK assassination?By R. Scott Moxley, Tue., Sep. 30 2008 @ 1:30PM

While the nation struggles with two wars, financial disasters, devastating hurricanes, regular political sex and ethics scandals, ridiculously priced gas and global warming, Congressman Dana Rohrabacher (R-Huntington Beach) has been busy attempting to singlehandedly solve the already solved 1968 assassination of Senator Robert F. Kennedy.

According to a September 25, 2008, Pasadena Weekly article by Carl Kozlowski, Rohrabacher believes that the Los Angeles Police Department has for 40 years hidden the fact that Sirhan Sirhan, the lone man convicted of shooting Kennedy, worked as part of a "real conspiracy" of Arabs.

Why? Well, Rohrabacher--a rabid right-wing Republican who has bragged to me and other reporters about his, uh, longtime personal ties to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)--claims he was in the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles for a party at the same time Kennedy was murdered in the kitchen.

Ponder that admission for a moment and then consider the congressman's incredible tale.

"While I was walking into that party, somebody ran past me and bounced off me," he told Kozlowski. "The guy was wrestled to the floor in front on me by either security guards of police and he was hauled out right in front of me . . . The guy looked exactly like Sirhan Sirhan, a young Arab-looking guy. Was the guy I saw Sirhan or somebody else? Either way, that's a big deal because nowhere does it ever mention another Arab being there that night, nor does it mention that he was under police custody."

In early 2007--39 years after the killing and right around the time that he blamed global warming on dinosaur flatulence, Rohrabacher decided to solve his murder mystery for "the Kennedy family."

Anyone familiar with Rohrabacher knows this story is now headed for unadulterated, wacky bliss.

At some point, Sirhan sent Summer Reese, one of his lawyers, a letter telling her that "a Diana was coming to see him."

Reese told Kozlowski, "Sirhan didn't know it was the congressman because his visitor was presented as a woman."

Rohrabacher. Undercover. In drag. Using the name Diana?

Perhaps this sheds light on why ex-Congressman "B-1 Bob" Dornan (R-Garden Grove) liked to call Rohrabacher "a fruitcake."

What were you doing at Corcoran State Prison in California, Diana/Dana?

"I went to see [Sirhan] specifically because I believe he didn't act alone and that the full story of Bobby Kennedy's assassination has not been known," he said. "I would like Sirhan Sirhan to finally, at long last, level with the Kennedy family and the American people, whether to clear his soul as part of his Christian beliefs or try to set the record straight."

Reese told the Pasadena Weekly that once the congressman got face to face with Sirhan (was it for the--cue eerie organ music here--second time?), Rohrabacher "repeatedly badgered him to admit he did the killing."

But Diana/Dana, why did you need him to admit to a crime he'd been convicted of four decades ago?

An answer might be found in this fact: In the 1990s, Rohrabacher was the lone congressman to shill for the Taliban, claiming that the "liberal media" had unfairly portrayed the group as anti-woman and uncivilized while they harbored Osama Bin Laden and the men in Afghanistan who plotted the 9-11 attacks.

-- R. Scott Moxley / OC Weekly

also:
http://www.pasadenaweekly.com/cms/story ... hans/6414/

viewtopic.php?p=387299#p387299

seemslikeadream wrote:http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=printer_friendly&forum=389&topic_id=1971198&mesg_id=1972594

Another clue -- look into a guy named Paul Behrends
Posted by starroute on Thu Oct-04-07 12:33 AM

Behrends is a longtime friend of Eric Prince and has been the chief lobbyist for Blackwater for many years.

He was a national security aide from 1990-97 to Dana Rohrabacher -- a Congressman who also had close ties to Jack Abramoff, extending back into the 80's...

viewtopic.php?p=133910#p133910

Dana Rohrabacher's War | Mother Jones
Earth-704509
MinM

Blog: View Blog (0)

Secretary of State: Dana Rohrabacher (R-CIA)

Postby MinM » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 pm

@kerpen

Just got tip that DANA ROHRABACHER is being vetted as potential fallback SecState if Rudy ethics issue conflicts him out.

@emptywheel

@JimWhiteGNV Time to dig out the old photos
@jeremyscahill

@emptywheel @JimWhiteGNV Oh man. I'm gonna go find the drives with all my shit on that guy.
Earth-704509
MinM

Re: Dana Rohrabacher (R-CIA)

Postby MinM » Sun May 23, 2021 10:17 am

Read @weinbergersa on the life and death of Paul Behrends, who went from fighting Soviets to palling around with the Trump era's notorious Russians

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/13 ... 3613159431
Earth-704509
MinM

Return to Data & Research Compilations