Right-Christian perversion, whoremongering and fraud

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Right-Christian perversion, whoremongering and fraud

Postby stefano » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:26 am

Dead Reverend's Rubber Fetish
Autopsy: Pastor found in wet suits after autoerotic mishap

An Alabama minister who died in June of "accidental mechanical asphyxia" was found hogtied and wearing two complete wet suits, including a face mask, diving gloves and slippers, rubberized underwear, and a head mask, according to an autopsy report.

Investigators determined that Rev. Gary Aldridge's death was not caused by foul play and that the 51-year-old pastor of Montgomery's Thorington Road Baptist Church was alone in his home at the time he died (while apparently in the midst of some autoerotic undertaking).

While the Montgomery Advertiser, which first obtained the autopsy records, reported on Aldridge's two wet suits, the family newspaper chose not to mention what police discovered inside the minister's rubber briefs.

Aldridge served as the church's pastor for 16 years. Immediately following his death, church officials issued a press release asking community members to "please refrain from speculation" about what led to Aldridge's demise, adding that, "we will begin the healing process under the strong arm of our Savior, Jesus Christ."

stefano

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Right-Christian perversion, whoremongering and fraud

Postby Laodicean » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:58 am

Immediately following his death, church officials issued a press release asking community members to "please refrain from speculation" about what led to Aldridge's demise, adding that, "we will begin the healing process under the strong arm of our Savior, Jesus Christ."

Bring out the Gimp!
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby semper occultus » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:23 am

christ...& to add to the indignity he's going down in history as having an unremarkable nose...
semper occultus

Postby stefano » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:23 pm

The young man's name is Kameryn, which made me think of Bertie Wooster's Aunt Dahlia warning him that "no good can come of association with anything labelled Gwladys or Ysobel or Ethyl or Mabelle or Kathryn."
08:08 PM, Aug. 24, 2011

Rep. Phil Hinkle, R-Indianapolis, admits he paid a young man $80 to meet him at an Indianapolis hotel. / Alan Petersime / Star 2009 file photo

State Rep. Phil Hinkle admitted Tuesday that he paid a young man $80 to have a good time. But Hinkle insisted he isn't gay and doesn't know why he did it.

He said that he understood why he's being stripped of his committee chairmanships and that he won't seek re-election. But he said he will not resign, despite House Speaker Brian Bosma's call Tuesday to do so.

And he said he did nothing illegal with -- or to -- the young man and that he himself was the victim of a crime. But he said he would not file a police report.

Hinkle offered his first public comments Tuesday since The Indianapolis Star revealed that the lawmaker used Craigslist to arrange to pay a young man to spend time with him Aug. 6 at a Downtown hotel.

But if Hinkle's comments seemed at times short of full disclosure or even contradictory, that's far from where the contradiction ends.

Hinkle's version of what happened that night in Room 2610 at the JW Marriott hotel differs greatly from the version provided by the young man and his sister.

Kameryn Gibson, the 18-year-old who said he was looking for a "sugga daddy" in the Craigslist posting, told The Star that he tried to leave the room that night and called his sister Megan after Hinkle identified himself as a lawmaker. He also said Hinkle tried to keep him from leaving, exposed himself and then -- after his sister arrived -- offered them $100 cash, an iPad and a Blackberry to keep quiet.

Hinkle's version: He never exposed himself and never offered anything to the Gibsons to keep quiet. Instead, he said, Kameryn Gibson stole those items when Hinkle was in the bathroom.

"These people," Hinkle said, "are lying through their teeth."

Kameryn and Megan Gibson stood by their story Tuesday.

Whatever happened in that hotel room, the events that brought them there are not in dispute -- and continue to form the basis for renewed calls for the Indianapolis Republican to resign.

Bosma said Tuesday that he spoke to Hinkle last week and told him he should spend the 2012 legislative session focusing on his personal life -- and not in the Statehouse.

"His continued service in the Indiana House is a distraction from that priority," Bosma, R-Indianapolis, said in a statement, "and a detriment to the continuing work of the legislature."

Bosma also announced Tuesday he was stripping Hinkle of his chairmanships of the Government and Regulatory Reform Committee and the Interim Study Committee on Driver Education.

Bosma has joined other Republican Party officials who have called for Hinkle to step down, but Hinkle fired back Tuesday, saying that it's not up to party leadership to make that decision.

"Those people didn't elect me," he said. "The constituents did."

Hinkle said he decided in December that he wouldn't seek a seventh term serving portions of Wayne and Pike townships. He also said that while he admits he made mistakes, resigning would be an acknowledgement that everything the Gibsons told The Star was true.

But why, so many have asked, did he even make the email arrangement in the first place, using the email address -- phinkle46@comcast.net -- he had listed on his legislative website, no less?

"I don't know," Hinkle said. "I'm telling you, I don't know."

Usually he's in control of his actions, he said, but something changed.

"I was on the road to self-destruction," he said, "and I don't know why."

Hinkle said he's not excusing his actions, which he called "stupid, but not illegal." Both Hinkle and Kameryn Gibson say that money exchanged hands but that neither engaged in a sex act.

Hinkle also said Tuesday he's not a homosexual.

"I say that emphatically," he said. "I'm not gay."

For now, he said, he's focusing on talking to professionals "who understand that gray matter between your ears." He wouldn't be more specific about what kinds of professional help he is seeking or even why specifically he thinks he needs help.

Hinkle acknowledged he picked up Kameryn Gibson and drove him to the hotel, giving him $80 in the car. But when they arrived, Hinkle said, they simply made small talk about baseball and the view from the hotel -- nothing further.

"I went to the edge," Hinkle said, "but I didn't fall over the edge."

Hinkle then went to the bathroom, he said. When he came back out, he said Kameryn Gibson was gone -- and so were his money clip, his business card holder, his BlackBerry and his iPad.

Hinkle said he thought Gibson found out he was a state lawmaker when he looked through the money clip.

After Gibson had left, Hinkle said he spoke with Megan Gibson via his hotel phone. He said she mentioned something about talking to Fox 59 and being offered $6,000.

Megan Gibson denies saying that. A spokesman for WXIN said the station does not pay for news stories.

At that point, Hinkle said, he thought maybe they were extorting him. Hinkle said that his daughter later met with Megan Gibson and retrieved the BlackBerry, as well as his business card holder and state identification.

Hinkle said he never met Megan Gibson in person, and hopes that he and his lawyer will find hotel security tapes that prove she never came up to the room.

Hinkle also forcefully denied Megan Gibson's assertion that Hinkle's wife called and offered them $10,000 to keep quiet.

"Anybody who knows my wife," Hinkle told The Star's political columnist, Matthew Tully, "knows she would not pay $10 to keep a mistake I made quiet, let alone $10,000."

Kameryn and Megan Gibson on Tuesday both denied Hinkle's assertions.

"We didn't just talk about baseball," Kameryn Gibson said. He also reasserted that Hinkle exposed himself, gave him things to keep quiet and tried to keep him in the hotel room.

"He did try to hold me (in the room)," Gibson said, "because we didn't do what he wanted to do."

Megan Gibson called Hinkle's counter-allegations "crazy" and Hinkle "a liar."

"My brother would never lie about nothing so petty like that," Gibson said of Hinkle's denying that he exposed himself or tried to keep Gibson in the room.

Hinkle said he does not plan to file a police report about the items he alleges the Gibsons stole.

"I got everything back but the iPad," Hinkle said, "and quite frankly, if that makes them feel good, so be it."

Hinkle told The Star that it will be difficult to return to the House floor. But what he plans to do between now and next election, he said later, "will be a family decision."

He said that when he decided in December that this term would be his last, the idea was that he and his wife would take time to travel together.

"Hopefully," he said, "she still wants me to."

Email rendezvous entangles state Rep. Phillip Hinkle
Lawmaker calls encounter set up with young man on Craigslist a 'shakedown'
07:52 PM, Aug. 12, 2011

State Rep. Phillip Hinkle, shown speaking on a motion during the recent session, said he is "aware of a shakedown taking place." / Charlie Nye / 2011 Star file photo

Emails shared with The Indianapolis Star suggest that state Rep. Phillip Hinkle -- responding to a local posting on Craigslist -- offered a young man $80 plus tip to spend time with him Saturday night at the JW Marriott hotel.

The emails, sent from Hinkle's publicly listed personal address, ask the young man for "a couple hours of your time tonight" and offer him cash up front, with a tip of up to $50 or $60 "for a really good time."

The email exchange is in response to the Craigslist posting in which the young man -- who lists his age as 20 in the ad but says he is 18 years old -- says, "I need a sugga daddy."

The young man told The Star that they met, but that he tried to leave after the man told him he was a state lawmaker. He said the lawmaker at first told him he could not leave, grabbed him in the rear, exposed himself to the young man and then later gave him an iPad, BlackBerry cellphone and $100 cash to keep quiet.

When contacted by The Star about the emails, Hinkle, a Republican who represents portions of Pike and Wayne townships, did not contest the emails but said, "I am aware of a shakedown taking place."

Asked what he meant by shakedown, Hinkle would not elaborate. He directed further questions to his attorney.

Hinkle's lawyer, defense attorney Peter Nugent, said he was unable to say what Hinkle meant by a "shakedown." Nugent said he is investigating the situation, but he does not know what happened Saturday. Nugent said he has not filed a police report and does not yet know whether he will.

Asked whether he had seen the emails and the Craigslist posting, Nugent said, "Oh, I've seen some emails, but not all of them." He would not be more specific.

"I'm trying to get to the bottom of everything involved," Nugent said.

Wednesday, Nugent faxed this "official statement":

"Representative Hinkle is aware of the inquiries by The Indianapolis Star and we are investigating the matter at this time. We request that everyone respect the privacy of the family at this time."

Hinkle, 64, who lists his occupation as coordinator for community partnerships for Wayne Township Schools on the Indiana House website, has been a state lawmaker since 2000. He is best known in the Statehouse for his interest in local government issues. On the website, he also notes he was a co-author of the bill that created the "In God We Trust" license plate.

The young man, Kameryn Gibson, told The Star he posted the Craigslist ad in the "Casual Encounters" section under m4m, which is shorthand for men for men. He used his adopted sister's email address.

Gibson said he and the man met but that they did not have sex. He and the sister, Megan Gibson, flatly denied any shakedown.

"I wasn't shaking him down, at all," Kameryn Gibson said.

Megan Gibson said she contacted The Star because she thought Hinkle's actions were "creepy" and, given his stature, that his actions should be made public.

Megan Gibson also provided the email exchange, which she forwarded to The Star. She also allowed a reporter to inspect the emails, which she had kept, on her smartphone. The phone contained not only the email exchange but a call log that showed phone calls from numbers that match both Hinkle's cellphone and home phone.

The Craigslist ad was posted at 7:37 a.m. Saturday. The ad shows two pictures of Kameryn Gibson, shirtless with pants pulled below the top of his underwear.

The ad's text features one written line: "Email me and I'll tell you everything you need to know!"

Forty-seven minutes later, he received a response from phinkle46 @comcast.net, with the email signature "Sent from Phil's iPad."

"Cannot be a long time sugar daddy," the email reads, "but can for tonight. Would you be interested in keeping me company for a while tonight?"

The email offers "to make it worth (your) while" in cash, and offers a personal description: "I am an in shape married professional, 5'8", fit 170 lbs, and love getting and staying naked."

Fifteen minutes later, Kameryn Gibson replied: "Yes I can!" He also sent along his phone number.

What followed was an email exchange between phinkle46 @comcast.net and Kameryn Gibson. One email from Hinkle's account asks "what will make you happy for giving me a couple hours of your time tonight?"

Gibson: "Wat (sic) can you give me?"

Phinkle46 @comcast.net: "How about $80 for services rendered and if real satisfied a healthy tip? That make it worth while?"

The two agreed on the price and discussed logistics. An email sent at 9:44 a.m., also with the signature "Sent from Phil's iPad" and sent from Hinkle's personal account, lays clear the parameters for the tip: "Final for the record, for a really good time, you could get another 50, 60 bucks. That sound good?"

Later, about 5 p.m., phinkle46 @comcast.net offered to pick up the young man at his Westside home and drive him to the JW Marriott hotel.

The final emails from phinkle46 @comcast.net come from a BlackBerry. One such email suggests: "If u want to consider spending night u might tell ur sis so she won't worry. Would have u back before 11 tomorrow. No extra cash just free breakfast and maybe late night snack."

Gibson responds only with his address. At 8:45 p.m., he receives one final email from phinkle46 @comcast.net: "I am here in parking lot between bldg 1 and 2. U here?"

The email exchange contains no mention of sex acts.

Brad Banks, supervisor of the D Felony Division at the Marion County prosecutor's office, explained -- without being provided details of the emails -- that prostitution in the state of Indiana is defined as an agreement between two parties to have sex in exchange for money and that the agreement must be about both sex and money.

Kameryn Gibson provided the following account of what happened after that final email from phinkle46 @comcast.net.

He said Hinkle picked him up in a white car -- his suit jacket was hanging in the backseat.

When they arrived at the hotel, Gibson said he was given the room key and told to go into the hotel. They couldn't go in together, Gibson was told. About 15 minutes later, Hinkle arrived in the room, changed into a towel and then during small talk informed Gibson he was a lawmaker.

Gibson said the man showed him an identification card.

The ID, Gibson said, gave a name: Phillip Hinkle.

"My eyes got big," Gibson told The Star. "I didn't really know what to say, so I didn't say anything. It was just a shock."

Gibson said he had posted on Craigslist before but had never met up with someone. Knowing he was in a bedroom with a politician, Gibson said, he got cold feet.

"Yeah, I don't want to do this," Gibson said he told Hinkle.

He said Hinkle's response was: "You need to do this, because I came and got you, and I'm not taking you back until we do what we need to do."

Gibson excused himself to the bathroom. There, he called his sister Megan. She said she would come get him immediately.

When Gibson came out, he said Hinkle told him he couldn't leave. Gibson called his sister again. This time, Megan told him to put her on speakerphone.

"I started cussing him," Megan told The Star. She also threatened to call the police and the local media.

"He said, 'I'll give you whatever,'" Megan said.

But when they hung up, Kameryn Gibson said Hinkle grabbed him by the right arm, just below the shoulder. Gibson said it was then that Hinkle grabbed him in the rear, dropped his towel and sat down on the bed -- naked.

When Megan Gibson arrived to pick up her brother, she again threatened to call police and the local media.

Kameryn and Megan Gibson said Hinkle then offered his iPad, a BlackBerry and $100 in cash.

Kameryn Gibson walked past his sister and out of the room as she continued to yell at Hinkle.

"She was still going off," Kameryn Gibson said, "and I was like, 'OK, I think that's enough, I think he gets it.' "

Megan Gibson said that on the drive back, she began receiving a series of calls on the BlackBerry, including one from a woman who said she was Hinkle's wife.

"I was like, 'Your husband is gay,' " Megan said. "And then she was like, 'You have the wrong person.' "

Megan read her the email address: phinkle46 @comcast.net.

The line went silent.

"Just for a couple seconds," Megan Gibson said, "and the first thing she said was, 'Please don't call the police.' "

Phone messages left with Hinkle's wife late Thursday were not returned.

Megan Gibson said she then began receiving a series of calls from various family members -- including from Hinkle's son-in-law, demanding that his wife see proof of the emails.

Megan Gibson dropped off her brother then returned to the JW Marriott, where she showed Hinkle's daughter the emails.

Megan Gibson said on her way back, she received another call from Hinkle's wife.

"The first thing she said, she was like, 'OK, we will give you $10,000 not to say anything,' " said Megan Gibson, who said she was now becoming scared. "I was like, 'OK,' and I hung up the phone."

She soon got another call -- from the Marriott hotel. It was Hinkle. Megan Gibson told Hinkle that she had informed his wife and family that he was gay.

Megan Gibson said Hinkle's response was: "You just ruined me."
stefano

Postby stefano » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:20 pm

stefano

Postby stefano » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:42 am

Right-Wing Politicians Who Had Gay Sex Scandals

(Nuc-lear) Family Values? These politicos share a few things in common. They all championed family values, vehemently opposed gay rights and allegedly snuck out of the closets to enjoy sex with other men. Check out the most memorable of the many.

Not really an article but a good starting point. Hinkle's upthread and Haggard, of course, is a metonym for the entire phenomenon. The names:

Roy Ashburn: The father of four came out of the closet in a news conference after the arrest and asked constituents to pray for him. He defended his anti-gay voting record, including a vote against recognizing gay marriages performed in other states.

Rev. Ted Haggard: The evangelical pastor preached about the immorality of homosexual sex from the pulpit of his Colorado megachurch but was forced to resign when a male prostitute alleged the preacher paid him for sex and crystal meth.

Roberto Arango: The vice-chairman of Bush/Cheney '04 campaign in Puerto Rico resigned his senate post in the island's legislature after the TV show Dando Candela broadcast nude pictures allegedly of himself from the gay hook-up app Grindr. The pictures included a naked man's torso with a cell phone blocking his face, the fuzzy image of a face resembling Arango's, and a no-secrets rear shot of a man on all fours.

Phil Hinkle: The Indiana GOP state legislator admits he offered a paltry $80 plus tip for a motel meet-up with a young man seeking a "sugar daddy" on Craigslist. Shortly before the scandal erupted, Hinkle voted for a constitutional ban on same-sex marriages.

Larry Craig: The U.S. Senator, who voted "yes" on Don't Ask, Don't Tell, allegedly wanted to get inside a male undercover cop's beltway in 2007. Craig was arrested after cops said he was trawling for sex in an airport men's restroom. According to the police, the Idaho Republican's flirting technique included peering through the stall door for two minutes and placing his foot against the officer's foot under the stall divider.

George Rekers: This anti-gay psychologist worked primarily behind the scenes of the movement. He wrote books on raising straight children, promoted a psychological cure for homosexual urges and co-founded the Family Research Council with James Dobson (seen above.) But he became the poster-elderly-white-man for closeted self-hating homosexuals after a 2010 newspaper exposé detailed his European vacation with a 20-year-old male escort.

Troy King: The Wonkette blog alleged in 2008 that Paige King, the [wife of, I think this should read] Alabama's anti-gay Attorney General, discovered Troy having sex with a male aide in their bedroom. Though King wrote an editorial in the Crimson White calling LGBT groups on campus "an affront to the state of Alabama," his brief tenure as AG had focused more on the illegality of sex toy sales.

Richard Curtis: The Republican Washington state legislator allegedly solicited sex from Cody Castagna, a man he met in an erotic video store. After their hotel-room romp, Castagna purportedly took off with Curtis' wallet. Curtis, who voted against a bill banning job discrimination based on sexual orientation, denied being gay, apologized to his family and constituents, and resigned.

Jim West: The mayor of Spokane, Washington was believed to have set up a meeting with an underage boy he'd been having online chats with on gay.com. It turned out the boy was a fictitious character created by the city's local newspaper for an investigation and sting operation. As a state lawmaker, West had established a staunch anti-gay voting record, including co-sponsoring a doomed bill to prevent homosexuals from teaching in public schools.

Bishop Eddie Long: The Atlanta-based Baptist minister led a march denouncing gay marriage to the gravesite of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and frequently preached against same-sex marriages. But in 2010, four men filed a lawsuit against Long, alleging he had used his position to coerce them into sexual relations while they were teenage members of his congregation. In 2011, Bishop Long agreed to an undisclosed out-of-court settlement with his four accusers.

Mark Foley: The Florida Republican Congressman resigned in 2006 after the publication of tawdry instant messages he sent to underage male pages. This is creepily ironic, considering Foley was chairman of the House Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children. Foley, a single man, refused to discuss his personal life and had long kept his fellow Republicans happy with a vote for the Defense of Marriage Act.

Robert Allen:The Florida state representative flushed his family values down the toilet when he allegedly offered $20 to perform oral sex on an undercover cop in a public men's room in 2007. Allen played a racist card during the denial phase of the scandal, saying he played along because there were only stocky black men in the park's bathroom and he was worried about becoming "another statistic." Why was he walking into a park bathroom in the middle of the night? He was planning an event in the park, naturally. (Allen, by the way, voting against gay adoptions in Florida.) He was found guilty of a misdemeanor count of soliciting for prostitution and resigned from office.
stefano

Postby stefano » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:39 am

stefano

Postby stefano » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Another secretly gay Republican politician who went to prostitutes: Chris Myers. Those stories are getting repetitive though and are more about hypocrisy than perversion. Although possibly in those guys' heads gay sex is some kind of utter depravity.

This one's a bit more juicy: Birther Oathkeeper Convicted In Attempted Courthouse Takeover

Georgia birther and Oathkeeper Darren Huff was convicted Tuesday of attempting to take over a Tennessee courthouse and conduct citizen’s arrests on officials.

The case dates back to April 2010 when Huff, carrying a Colt .45 and an AK-47, went to Tennessee to conduct citizens’ arrests on officials. Huff, a member of the Oath Keepers, said he going to support Walter Francis Fitzpatrick, a leader of the birther and Patriot group American Grand Jury, who was arrested for trying to perform a citizen’s arrest on a Grand Jury foreman. Fitzpatrick was angry that court officials didn’t let him pursue a Grand Jury trial against “illegal alien, infiltrator and impostor” President Obama, and other “domestic enemies.”

When arrested he had in his possession a DVD of Tranny Hunter, a pink dildo with remote, condoms and KY Gel. The receipt for property retuned is here.

He used to be Chaplain of the Georgia Militia, but they dropped him after this vibe.

stefano

Postby stefano » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:36 am

Pastor charged in wife's murder was headed to Europe to marry boyfriend, prosecutor says

Bond for the former Homewood pastor charged with murder in his wife's stabbing is set at $100,000 after prosectors said he tried to leave the country to marry his boyfriend.

If Richard Lee Shahan makes bond, he must remain on house arrest, a judge ruled.

Shahan, 53, appeared for a hearing Thursday afternoon before Jefferson County District Judge Sheldon Watkins. Shahan is represented by Wendell Sheffield and John Lentine. Deputy Jefferson County District Attorneys Laura Poston and Leigh Gwathney are prosecuting the case.

Gwathney said that information obtained from more than 3,000 of Shahan's emails indicated that he was planning to leave the country and never return. He was heading to Kazakhstan via Germany and ultimately planned to move to the United Kingdom, she said.

"He planned to become a citizen there and begin a new life with his boyfriend... who he intended to marry," Gwathney said. "He had no intention of ever returning to the United States. He had no home to return to and he had said his goodbyes to his family."

Sheffield and Lentine contested prosecutors' claims that Shahan was leaving the country for good and questioned whether the state has "direct evidence" of Shahan's involvement in his wife's death.

"They are doing everything they can to try to manufacture a murder case," Lentine said.

Shahan has been held in the Jefferson County Jail without bond since his Jan. 1 arrest. His attorneys a week ago filed several motions, including requesting that a judge set bond.

Watkins set Shahan's bond at $100,000, under the conditions that he must remain on house arrest and submit to electronic monitoring. A preliminary hearing is set for Feb. 5.

Shahan's attorneys requested a bond no higher than $30,000, while prosecutors adamantly requested that he remain in jail without bond, saying he is a flight risk.

Sheffield and Lentine disputed the representation of Shahan as a "fugitive from justice," saying he had announced his plans to travel and conduct mission work months earlier.

"Our client had made plans to go on a mission trip," Sheffield told the judge. "(Prosecutors) are wanting you to overlook the fact that he had told everyone of his plans."

"To argue that a person not told at the time they left that they were going to be arrested is a flight risk, their evidence doesn't even come close," Lentine said.

Shahan was arrested Jan. 1 at a Nashville airport while trying to board a plane to Germany, extradited and returned to the custody of Jefferson County last week.

His attorneys also requested that the possessions that were seized at the airport be returned to Shahan. Those items included luggage, $27,000 in U.S. and foreign currency, a phone and various hard drives and thumb drives.

Sheffield and Lentine specifically sought the return of the money, saying that it was personal money from his job. They argued that the state had no legitimate reason to hold the funds unless prosecutors could present evidence that it was contraband or was related to Karen Shahan's death.

Watkins ruled that the U.S. currency should be returned to Shahan, but the other money - pounds, euros and Kazakhstani currency - will not be turned over.

Watkins also agreed to write a motion preserving evidence after defense attorneys expressed concerns about evidence being misplaced and the number of agencies involved in the investigation.

Shahan made his initial court appearance Jan. 9 by video for a 48-hour hearing, during which a judge read the charge against Shahan and informed him of his right to a preliminary hearing.

Sheffield and Lentine have said that the statements implying that Shahan was fleeing the country are disingenuous because he had announced plans for a mission trip months earlier.

In December, several newsletters and prayer cards indicated that Shahan was planning a three-year mission trip with Bible Mission International in Frankfurt.

Karen Louise Shahan's body was discovered about 11:15 a.m. July 23 inside the family's Hugh Circle home. According to an affidavit filed Friday, she was stabbed to death.

Authorities said that Shahan told investigators that he was out of town visiting one of the couple's two sons when his wife's body was found.

Richard Shahan was jailed for "investigative purposes" in August, but was released without being charged.

Shortly after his release, the pastor took paid administrative leave from his post as Children and Families Pastor and the Facilities Director at First Baptist, and he resigned Dec. 31.

Exact details as to why Shahan was charged at this point in the investigation are still limited, but Homewood police confirmed that investigators were able to establish motive but are not able to elaborate at this point because the investigation is ongoing.
stefano

Return to Data & Research Compilations