Tantra-Induced Delusional Syndrome ("TIDS")

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Tantra-Induced Delusional Syndrome ("TIDS")

Postby American Dream » Sun May 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Open your eyes no more sleepin' in bed
He is usin' your mind to make love with the dead

https://youtu.be/H0N-OFGCkhM

Aroun' the world he goes
Like a singer with his band he performs on many shows
Aroun' the world he goes
What is he up to only Jah children knows

The time is comin this is no lie
That the good man may have to die
Refusin' to attend that great feast
Nor have on his forehead the mark of the beast

Rich and poor shall adore him so much
From the prophecy they shall be out of touch
Forgettin what it did say
About those who are marked in the latter day

If any is to be taken captive.. to captive he must go
If any kills with the sword.. with the sword he must be killed

So it is said so shall it be done
the swords today is liken to the gun
He shall make no war of himself
But shall give the power to someone else
Now this was written in history
That the beast is a man no longer a mystery
And when the earth shall reach great crisis
The man shall be known by the number 666
Here you are in great buildings you sit
Worshippin', worshippin' not knowin' whom with
He stands on his pulpit pulpin' out your mind
Drinkin' blood callin' it wine
From cities to cities he stands and speak
Markin his mark on the helpless and weak
Take care.. less this mark you wear
Take care.. less in his deeds you share

if any is to be taken captive.. to captive he must go
if any kills with the sword.. with the sword he must be killed

The beast is a man, you must understand
It is written in the book of revelation
Let him who have ears to hear beware
The mark of the beast is there to see
This mark is no longer a mystery

Open your eyes no more sleepin' in bed
He is usin' your mind to make love with the dead

Aroun' the world he goes
Like a singer with his band he performs on many shows
Aroun' the world he goes
What is he up to only Jah children knows
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby liminalOyster » Sun May 27, 2018 3:55 pm

But what does Tantra signify for you?

Something that has a broad meaning, I get. But what?

I get the sense of an ecstatic inverse to paranoia (not exactly pronoia but close) which b-lines to breakdown or worse?

Would you distinguish it from basic mania just directed towards certain beliefs, for instance?

Not that you have to. I certainly feel like I know what you mean when I see it. Just curious how you'd begin to articulate what you've learned from 171 pages of this material.

ps. that Seymour piece is, as you may have guessed, way way up my professional alley so thank you!
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby American Dream » Sun May 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Thinking on my feet: Tantra is a rupture in consciousness, precipitated by (transgressive) technique which catalyzes sudden and sometimes dangerous alteration of consciousness, given the potentials for imbalanced or unintegrated experience.

Also, not sure if you've been following Richard Seymour but his materialist social analysis has been increasingly informed by psychoanalytic theory.
American Dream

Postby liminalOyster » Sun May 27, 2018 4:40 pm

[quote="American Dream » Sun May 27, 2018 4:14 pm"]Thinking on my feet: Tantra is a rupture in consciousness, precipitated by (transgressive) technique which catalyzes sudden and sometimes dangerous alteration of consciousness, given the potentials for imbalanced or unintegrated experience.

Tantric Buddhism cautions against such "peak experience" as a distracting and mostly inconsequential side effect - not the goal - of Tantric practices. IMHO the term doesn't work. No matter. Have you read Malidoma Somes' poppy but important shamanism/schizo memoir? I'm not sure the "potentials" you mention are necessarily the responsibility of the thing that did the alteration. Meaning the set/setting, society, milieu are either able to hold and integrate or balance what was learned or perceived within the altered state, or not. I would imagine Psilocybin in Pyongyang would be pretty dangerous one way or another, martially or psychologically....

ps I like what I see of Seymour's theory stuff so will read more. Thanks!
liminalOyster

Postby American Dream » Sun May 27, 2018 5:14 pm

Thank you- I am grasping at definition as an outsider with popular culture my reference point as much as anything. I certainly did not mean the more codified traditions referenced by Charles and Tara Carreon. These are more hierarchical, disciplined and orthodox than the broad spectrum of ecstatic technique for which I was using "Tantra" as shorthand. That I think is truer to the broad scope of my postings here on this thread. I do certainly agree that contestation of the definition of Tantra is appropriate- and much needed.

Also, yes to not demonizing the Medicine! That said, there are definitely perils of the path.

liminalOyster » Sun May 27, 2018 3:40 pm wrote:
American Dream » Sun May 27, 2018 4:14 pm wrote:Thinking on my feet: Tantra is a rupture in consciousness, precipitated by (transgressive) technique which catalyzes sudden and sometimes dangerous alteration of consciousness, given the potentials for imbalanced or unintegrated experience.

Tantric Buddhism cautions against such "peak experience" as a distracting and mostly inconsequential side effect - not the goal - of Tantric practices. IMHO the term doesn't work. No matter. Have you read Malidoma Somes' poppy but important shamanism/schizo memoir? I'm not sure the "potentials" you mention are necessarily the responsibility of the thing that did the alteration. Meaning the set/setting, society, milieu are either able to hold and integrate or balance what was learned or perceived within the altered state, or not. I would imagine Psilocybin in Pyongyang would be pretty dangerous one way or another, martially or psychologically....

ps I like what I see of Seymour's theory stuff so will read more. Thanks!
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Mon May 28, 2018 12:43 pm

Is this "Tantra"?

Trigger Warning

Ordo Templi Orientis
Spermo-Gnosis

Carl Kellner
Theodor Reuss
Aleister Crowley

ImageA lecture by Peter-Robert Koenig

The Misogynists

Maybe because it was the greediness of the female aspect of the creative Entity that caused the fall into the profane, it is the duty of the Man to give the universe back its completeness/integrity. On the material plane the woman is punished with the large wound between her legs. (6*) This wound signifies the place where primitive man once was bound with his own female aspect: the perfect Androgyn, now torn apart. It is the man's turn now to experience the lust which broke the universe apart. Woman has to suffer. Only man's sperm transports the Holy Logos. Women lack the prostata (7*) and therefore are superfluous for man's salvation as long as he does not achieve androgynity. (8*) If he does have "use" for the female, then it is only as a channel to higher divine entities. Maybe he sees some use for her menstrual blood? When he is Christian orientated (let us call him the libertine Gnostic), he might use her blood as the "Blood of Christ" and consume it as a "religious nourishment". If he sees the world as a really bad place, he avoids having children and animalistic flesh-eating (and here we find vegetarians). An ascetic avoids having ejaculations, even with his wife, but directs his sexual energies in Yoga-practises into his head (where he assumes is found the most direct bridge to the Divine). In order to achieve Androgynity, he penetrates his wife (avoiding orgasm) so that she, as well, might benefit from his luck. (9*)
Yoga is one of the preliminary conditions to master the body before using it as a temple. By westerners, Yoga is mistakenly thought to be a system of physical exercises to keep the body supple and the mind calm. But the meaning of the word yoga is union and the system was developed by eastern adepts to assist them to attain union with the source of all being.
All the Gnostic movements, be they the old ones or modern ones, assign salvation only to man: the woman has to become a man in order to enter heaven. (10*) The ascetic Gnostics avoid ejaculation and let the woman join in his wonderful ability to "produce" the Logos; the libertine Gnostics use all of the woman's gifts in order to sweat out the Pneuma.

Well. Our two questions (1. can women be saved? and, 2. what shall we do with the sperm?) cannot be separated. Only man's sperm can offer salvation (11*) and woman has to become man in order to be saved. (12*)

Which spermo-Gnostics are known today? Since the turn of the present century, the most famous group has organised itself as a quasi freemasonry organisazion, called Ordo Templi Orientis, in short: O.T.O. (13*)

The O.T.O. under Aleister Crowley

After Reuss' death in 1923, Crowley made an entreprise out of the O.T.O.'s secrets. There is a surviving plan to promote the "Elixir of Life" (under the name "Amrita", the Magical Medicine) (27*) and to heal patients according to O.T.O. methods, (28*) that is: to heal them with yoga and sexual fluids. (29*) Crowley used the Ordo Templi Orientis (as he used other real or ghostly orders) as a play, a publishing house and found it a suitable instrument to extract the "gold" (be it alchemistical or sexual) from the pockets of his followers. To that purpose he pretended never having had sex out of sheer lust. (30*) It always should have been a "duty", a "prayer to God" (Aiwaz, Baphomet or Sheitan (31*) — there are many more disguises); in consequence a prayer to himself whom he identified with an erected penis.

Crowley's VII* is a treatise about the creative organ's divinity, and from his "Book of Lies" one can interfer that the vital fluid is a vehicle of immortality. The Matter is the original primitive material substance semi-spiritual, immortal and containing in itself the archetypes of all form and possessing the double potency of attracting to itself individual spirits and also particles of gross Matter to form their temporary envelope on this plane (the gnostic Rotten Place).
Crowley's VIIIth degree unveiled to the "pupil" that masturbating on a sigil of a demon or meditating upon the image of a phallus would bring power or communication with a (or one's own) divine being/Super Ego. The IXth degree labelled heterosexual intercourse where the sexual secrets were sucked out of the vagina and when not consumed (when considered holy) put on a sigil to attract this or that demon to fullfill the pertinent wish/order. (32*) In his "Emblems and Mode of Use" (33*) Crowley describes the method of how to smear sperm on a talisman/sigil in order to attract for example money. This paper is so secret that, at one time, its possession was equal with having the IXth degree O.T.O. There was no other proof until only recently: now one possibly needs to go through an examination test to prove "possession"/"knowledge" of the IXth degree O.T.O. (34*)
Crowley played around with different sexmagickal methods. One of the O.T.O.'s secrets is the adoration of the idol Baphomet of the old Templars. While the German splinter-group, the misogynist Fraternitas Saturni definitely tried (and still tries) to incarnate Baphomet in flesh, (35*) in the O.T.O.-groups (that emerged after Crowley's death in 1947) the subject is not that clear although incorporated in the Xth degree. Crowley advised selection of a female partner. The magician and his mate "copulate continuously" until impregnation results: a homunculus. (36*) Maybe the ability of the Xth to create a homunculus was realised on the physical level in their privilegue of electing their OHO.

In the XIth degree, the mostly homosexual degree, (40*) one identifies oneself with an ejaculating penis. (41*) The blood (or excrements) from anal intercourse attract the spirits/demons while the sperm keeps them alive. On 31 March 1946 Crowley noted down a dream in his diary: "A most frightful semi-dream (between two normal motions) of giving birth to a foetus per anum. It was a mass of blood & slime. The nastiest Qliphotic experience I can remember!"

Crowley saw no use in the vaginal fluids nor did he think that women are divine, (42*) therefore he could not imagine lesbian sexmagick. He believed that "man is the guardian of the Life of God; woman but a temporary expedient; a shrine indeed for the God, but not the God." ==> Women exist for the use of men. His ideal female: "robust, vigorous, eager, sensible, hot and healthy". That is to say, his interest was in the woman's body and he wanted no spiritual or intellectual participation from her.
Crowley's main tools to achieve illumination remained: spermophagy, coprophagy and algolagnia.

http://www.parareligion.ch/spermo.htm
American Dream

Postby liminalOyster » Mon May 28, 2018 4:54 pm

Maybe mine is a two bit opinion, but no, I don't think so. I don't like big statements but do think the "modern euro/western" mind is really bad at certain kinds of base flexibility and so tends to annihilate metaphor, simile, allegory, etc for literalism and/or scientific materialism, hence transforming a (largely) allegorical field of knowledge into a bunch of literal "secrets." Crowley just colonized Tantra.
liminalOyster

Postby American Dream » Mon May 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Are there white men who really do such things?

Bacon's secret society was set up in America before the middle of the 17th Century. Bacon himself had given up all hope of bringing his dream to fruition in his own country, and he concentrated his attention upon rooting it in the new world. He made sure that the American colonists were thoroughly indoctrinated with the principles of religious tolerance, political democracy, and social equality. Through carefully appointed representatives, the machinery of democracy was set up at least a hundred years before the period of the Revolutionary War.

Bacon's secret society membership was not limited to England; it was most powerful in Germany, in France, and in the Netherlands, and most of the leaders of European thought were involved in the vast pattern of his purpose. The mystic empire of the wise had no national boundaries and its citizenry was made up of men of good purpose in every land. The Alchemists, Cabalists, Mystics, and Rosicrucians were the incisive instruments of Bacon's plan. Representatives of these groups migrated to the colonies at an early date and set up their organization in suitable places.

One example will indicate the trend. About 1690, the German Pietist theologian, Magistar Johannes Kelpius, sailed for America with a group of followers all of whom practiced mystical and esoteric rites. The Pietists settled in Pennsylvania and their clescendents still flourish in Lancaster county. Kelpius for some years lived as an Anchorite in a cave located in what is now Fairmount Park, Philadelphia. The Pietists brought with them the writings of the German mystic, Jacob Boehme, books on magic, astrology, alchemy, and the cabala. They had curious manuscripts illuminated with strange designs, and their principal text was called "An A B C Book for Young Students Studying in the College of the Holy Ghost." The Pietists brought the order of the Mustard Seed, and the Order of the Woman in the Wilderness to the new world.

Kelpius was a man of feeble health and after a few years died from the hardships and exposures of his religious austerity. The inner circle of his order was composed entirely of celibates, and as these died there were none to take their places; and so far as the public knows, his secret society did not survive. Actually it did continue; but with the changing of the times it returned again to its secret foundations, disappearing entirely from the public view.

The early years of the 18th Century brought with them many changes in the social and political life of the American colonies. By this time most of the Atlantic seaboard was dominated by the English. Cities had sprung up, important trade flourished with the mother country, and the colonial atmosphere was in small counterpart that of the English countryside.

By this time most of the important secret societies of Europe were well represented in this country. The brotherhoods met in their rooms over inns and similar public buildings, practicing their ancient rituals exactly according to the fashion in Europe and England. These American organizations were branches under European sovereignty, with the members in the two hemispheres bound together with the strongest bonds of sympathy and understanding. The program that Bacon had outlined was working out according to schedule. Quietly and industriously, America was being conditioned for its destiny--leadership in a free world.

Any account of secret societies in America would have to include tribute to the man who has been called the "First American Gentleman"--Benjamin Franklin. Although Dr. Franklin was never the country's President, nor a military general, he stands out as one of the most important figures in the struggle for American independence. Quiet, dignified, scholarly and gentle, Franklin foresaw a new goal for an ever changing world through the square bi-focal glasses of which he was the inventor.

Historians have never ceased to wonder at the enormous psychological influence which Franklin exercised in colonial politics. But up to the present day, few indeed are those who have realized that the source of his power lay in the secret societies to which he belonged and of which he was the appointed spokesman. Franklin was not a law maker, but his words became law. Beneath the homely wisdom which he circulated in his Almanac, under the pseudonym of Poor Richard, was a profundity of scientific and philosophic learning. He understood both the farmer and the philosopher, and could speak the languages of both.

When Benjamin Franklin went to France to be honored by the State, he was received too by the Lodge of Perfection, the most famous of all the French secret orders; and his name, written in his own fine hand, is in their record ledger, close to that of the Marquis de Lafayette.

Franklin spoke for the Order of the Quest, and most of the men who worked with him in the early days of the American Revolution were also members. The plan was working out, the New Atlantis was coming into being, in accordance with the program laid down by Francis Bacon a hundred and fifty years earlier.

The rise of American democracy was necessary to a world program. At the appointed hour, the freedom of man was publicly declared.

Chapter 13, The Secret Destiny of America, by Manly P. Hall

liminalOyster » Mon May 28, 2018 3:54 pm wrote:

Maybe mine is a two bit opinion, but no, I don't think so. I don't like big statements but do think the "modern euro/western" mind is really bad at certain kinds of base flexibility and so tends to annihilate metaphor, simile, allegory, etc for literalism and/or scientific materialism, hence transforming a (largely) allegorical field of knowledge into a bunch of literal "secrets." Crowley just colonized Tantra.
American Dream

Postby liminalOyster » Mon May 28, 2018 5:43 pm

American Dream » Mon May 28, 2018 5:09 pm wrote:Are there white men who really do such things?

National TIDS, long delayed onset. Makes sense to me.
liminalOyster

Postby American Dream » Mon May 28, 2018 10:50 pm

There is a remedy:

Mumbo Jumbo

Mumbo Jumbo is a 1972 novel by African-American author Ishmael Reed. Literary critic Harold Bloom cited the novel as one of the 500 most important books in the Western canon.

Text

Set in 1920s New York City, the novel depicts the struggles of "The Wallflower Order," an international conspiracy dedicated to monotheism and control, against the "Jes Grew" virus, a personification of ragtime, jazz, polytheism, and freedom. The Wallflower Order is said to work in concert with the Knights Templar Order to prevent people from dancing, to end the dance crazes spreading among black people (who are referred to in the novel as "Jes Grew Carriers" or "J.G.C.s").

Historical, social, and political events mingle freely with fictional inventions. The United States' occupation of Haiti, attempts by whites to suppress jazz music, and the widespread belief that president Warren Harding had black ancestry are mingled with a plot in which the novel's hero, an elderly Harlem houngan named PaPa LaBas, searches for a mysterious book that has disappeared with black militant Abdul Sufi Hamid (whose name reflects that of the Harlem streetcorner radical preacher Sufi Abdul Hamid, a.k.a Eugene Brown, an early black convert to Islam), as a group of radicals plans to return museum treasures looted from ancient Egypt to Africa, and the Atonists within the Wallflower Order are trying to locate and train the perfect "Talking Android," a black man who will renounce African American culture in favor of European American culture. One of the supporting characters, an ally of Papa La Bas, is Black Herman (Bejamin Rucker, 1892-1934), an actual African-American stage magician and root doctor. Another touch of realism is the inclusion of a mysterious ocean liner that is part of the Black Star Line, a shipping line incorporated by Marcus Garvey, who organized the United Negro Improvement Association. Portions of the action take place at the "Villa Lewaro" mansion built by Madame C. J. Walker overlooking the Hudson River and at the Harlem townhouse of her daughter A'Lelia Walker, known as "The Dark Tower", located at 136th Street near Lenox Avenue. Other famous people who appear in the novel include the dance instructor Irene Castle, and the Harlem renaissance authors James Weldon Johnson, Claude McKay, Wallace Thurman, Countee Cullen, W. E. B. DuBois, and a veiled reference to Malcolm X.

Background

Mumbo Jumbo draws freely on conspiracy theory, hoodoo, and voodoo traditions, as well as the Afrocentric theories of Garvey and the occult author Henri Gamache, especially Gamache's theory that the Biblical prophet Moses was black. The book's title is explained by a quote from the first edition of the American Heritage Dictionary deriving the phrase from Mandingo mā-mā-gyo-mbō meaning a "magician who makes the troubled spirits of ancestors go away."

MUMBO JUMBO by Ishmael Reed

Duke Ellington writes in his libretto to “The Drum is a Woman:”

Rhythm came from Africa to America.
Do you know what it does to you?
Exactly what it’s supposed to do.

The narrative of Mumbo Jumbo concerns itself with the ‘Jes Grew plague’ that sweeps the nation, putting the roar into the ‘Roaring 20’s,’ that giddy time when all the buttoned-up conceptions of the staid pre-war Western World came undone all at once, with a soundtrack of Ragtime. When asked about the origins of the sudden explosion of Ragtime music and dance, an unnamed witness shrugged and said “It jes grew!”

“The Jes Grew epidemic was unlike physical plagues. Actually Jes Grew was an anti-plague. Some plagues caused the body to waste away; Jes Grew enlivened the host. Other plagues were accompanied by bad air (malaria). Jes Grew victims said that the air was as clear as they had ever seen it and that there was the aroma of roses and perfumes which had never before enticed their nostrils. Some plagues arise from decomposing animals, but Jes Grew is electric as life and is characterized by ebullience and ecstasy. Terrible plagues were due to the wrath of God; but Jes Grew is the delight of the gods.” (6)

Needless to say, this alarming outbreak had to be put down, and quick. The forces of decency and sobriety and ‘Western Civilization’ turn to the Knights Templar to lead the covert countercharge. PaPa LaBas, a Harlem Houngan Voodoo Priest and proprietor of the Mumbo Jumbo Cathedral, foils them at every step. The protracted occupationn of Haiti by the U.S. during this period also plays an important part in the story.

At the surface of the narrative is a fast-paced comic thriller. But at its center is a brilliant and mischievous retelling of the suppression of humankind’s seed spiritual tradition from Africa, and the irony that slavery brought that sleeping serpent across the ocean and awakened her in new and surprising ways.

Ishmael Reed and the Psychic Epidemic
June 19, 2011

“In times of social turblulence men like you abandon reason
and fall back on Mumbo Jumbo.”

“I was there,” PaPa LaBas declares, “a private eye practicing in my Neo-HooDoo therapy center named by my critics Mumbo Jumbo Kathedral….I was a jacklegged detective of the metaphysical who was on the case, and in 1920 there was a crucial case.”

Published in 1972, Ishmael Reed’s novel Mumbo Jumbo triangulates between New Orleans, New York City, and Haiti, with a long excursion into the mythology and history of ancient Egypt. Reed (born in 1938) takes aim at white cultural superiority and white cultural entitlement. As the novel opens, a “psychic epidemic” called Jes Grew is sweeping through the American South, headed toward New York. Originally a reference to the ragtime music of Scott Joplin and others (music that “jes’ grew”), Reed’s Jes Grew is an umbrella for all types of African-based art, including jazz, blues, and popular dances like the Cakewalk, along with the work of black painters and black writers.

Jes Grew, the Something or Other that led Charlie Parker to scale the Everests of the Chord. Riff fly skid dip soar and gave his Alto Godspeed. Jes Grew that touched John Coltrane’s Tenor; that tinged the voice of Otis Redding…

At the risk of gravely oversimplifying matters, Mumbo Jumbo is cast as an eternal struggle between Apollonian and Dionysian forces, between the empirical and the occult. It posits a lifeless, fearful white culture, based upon “the Classics, the achievements of mankind which began in Greece,” ruthlessly dominating a vibrant and sensual black culture originating in the northern Africa of ancient Egypt. In one of the book’s more amusing digressions, a small group of devotees make plans to liberate all non-Western art from American and European museums and repatriate the objects to their original countries. (The Metropolitan Museum of Art is referred to as the Center for Art Detention because of all the non-white art held in captivity there.) But just as Jes Grew threatens to overtake New York and the entire nation in with its contagious rhythm, a mysterious group called the Wallflower Order, descended from the Knights Templar, arises to defend white civilization against “the black tide of mud,” as Freud called such occultism.

Unfortunately, Jes Grew is lacking the one element required for its continued survival: a crucial text written in ancient Egypt, handed down through the ages, and now missing. PaPa LaBas’ job is to find this Text before Jes Grew is once again suppressed by the white man. His Grail-like search ultimately points to the Text being hidden beneath the dance floor of Harlem’s famous Cotton Club, but by the end of the novel we learn that the Text has been maliciously burned by its last owner.

Is this the end of Jes Grew?
Jes Grew has no end and no beginning. It even precedes that little ball that exploded 1000000000s of years ago and led to what we are now. Jes Grew may even have caused the ball to explode. We will miss it for a while but it will come back, and when it returns we will see that it never left. You see, life will never end; there really is no end to life, if anything goes it will be death. Jes Grew is life.

George Herriman, frame from Krazy Kat
American Dream

Postby liminalOyster » Tue May 29, 2018 2:06 pm

Fuck. How have I never heard of this book. On it now. Thanks for tip.
liminalOyster

Postby PufPuf93 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:35 pm

liminalOyster » Tue May 29, 2018 11:06 am wrote:

Fuck. How have I never heard of this book. On it now. Thanks for tip.

Mumbo Jumbo is an unknown book to me and a book I intend to order and read.

Much enjoy the TIDS thread, check for new posts every time visit RI. :thumbsup
PufPuf93

Postby American Dream » Tue May 29, 2018 8:28 pm

I believe Mumbo Jumbo emerged in the crucible that was Berkeley in the early '70's.
American Dream

Postby PufPuf93 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:23 pm

American Dream » Tue May 29, 2018 5:28 pm wrote:I believe Mumbo Jumbo emerged in the crucible that was Berkeley in the early '70's.

I was around Berkeley from late 60s and moved there in December 1973 and started Cal in January 1974 and never was exposed to Mumbo Jumbo. Frequented the many bookstores and was a counter culture type, that was where first met OTO peeps. Was a student for a 1979 BS and 1987 Masters and worked in Fed research lab in Berkeley for several years.

Guess not everything in crucible stuck to me. :oops:
PufPuf93

Postby American Dream » Wed May 30, 2018 5:52 am

I knew people in Ethnic Studies at Berkeley in the '90's and that is how I heard of Mumbo Jumbo. It might have been a twisty, curvy road but that is where the earlier battles for Third World Studies etc. paid off as far as increasing visibility for Ishmael Reed.

Robert Anton Wilson started publishing about the Berkeley Caliphate of the OTO by '77, which increased visibility a lot but that was just a more organized version of things that were already going on, it seems.
American Dream

PreviousNext

Return to Data & Research Compilations