Tantra-Induced Delusional Syndrome ("TIDS")

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Tantra-Induced Delusional Syndrome ("TIDS")

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:24 am

The Real and the Imagined in Douglas Rushkoff’s “Aleister & Adolf”

By Chris Yogerst

The story begins when Hugh, a programmer trying to update a website for a client, notices the logos moving around on the screen before he can save them. Curious whether the files are corrupted, he meets with the company’s archivist, Mr. Stubbs. While searching through folders to find the right logo to rescan, Hugh stumbles upon some horrific imagery. (Think concentration camps.) Stubbs sends Hugh to meet a dying former employee named Roberts, who once learned how to control images.

Roberts, Hugh discovers, enlisted in the United States Army during the lead up to World War II and was given an assignment as a newspaper journalist. However, his position at Stars and Stripes was just a cover for his real job, finding an “eccentric old man” who “worked for our intel here in the Great War.” This man turns out to be Crowley, who joins the fight against Hitler. The chancellor is using the “S.S. Occult Bureau” to “exploit astrology, metaphysics, and the occult,” and Crowley employs his influence to steer the Germans into well-planned traps. In this passage, Rushkoff attributes the founding of the Ahnenerbe project (“Occult Bureau”) to Rudolf Hess, although in fact it was the work of Heinrich Himmler. Hess was also interested in the occult, though, and it could be that Rushkoff is taking creative liberties in his work of fiction to make some larger point.

In any case, a skeptical Roberts finds Crowley and is initiated into the occultist’s inner circle. There Roberts learns that symbols can be charged through ritual with enough power to exert incredible influence. Crowley, he discovers, seeks a sigil to counter the swastika, which was being regularly charged through the deaths of thousands of people. Crowley’s answer is the famous V for Victory icon, which he gives to Prime Minister Winston Churchill to launch his V campaign. Originated by Crowley,
The V sign is the symbol of the unconquerable will of the occupied territories and a portent of the fate awaiting Nazi tyranny. So long as the peoples continue to refuse all collaboration with the invader it is sure that his cause will perish and that Europe will be liberated.

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/the ... ter-adolf/
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:08 am

Schizophrenia & Control

James Kent
Chapter 19: Psychedelic Information Theory

When discussing the cognitive effects of psychedelics, there is no getting around the fact that many psychedelic states very closely resemble schizophrenia. While schizophrenia is a term that covers a wide range of perceptual, cognitive, and emotional disorders, schizophrenia is generally characterized by: a cognitive break from reality; illogical and irrational ideation; delusional beliefs; hallucinations; and a variety of uncontrolled, unpredictable, or inappropriate emotional outbursts or reactions to stimuli. Pharmacologically, schizophrenia is often caused by either a dopamine imbalance (as in the dopamine model of psychosis) or by improper functioning of the frontal lobe, either due to neural damage and degeneration, inherited genetic traits, or acquired conditioning. Since some of the most "profound" psychedelics states can be linked to enhanced dopamine supply and a corollary interruption of function in the frontal lobes, the link between psychedelics and schizophrenia seems quite obvious.

However, while some psychedelic states are essentially indistinguishable from schizophrenia, others are not schizophrenic at all, and this causes some legitimate confusion in both medical professionals and recreational psychedelic users alike. How can we tell the difference between a genuine psychedelic epiphany, a life-changing mystical experience, and a schizophrenic break from reality? Some might argue that there is no difference at all, and that "epiphanies" or "mystical experiences" are just a specific kind of schizophrenia that are beneficial and generally welcome to the user, while paranoia or inappropriate emotional responses are types of schizophrenia that are unwelcome and horrific to the user. But there is a distinct element which separates true mystical epiphanies from delusional schizophrenia, and this is the element of control. Control comes into play in various aspects of the psychedelic trip, and it can be a very tricky issue to sort out, but on the most basic level control refers to how comfortable the user is with what they are experiencing. For instance, control comes into play when trying to decide if the psychedelic is making you calmer and more at peace, or if it is giving you anxiety and panic. If you become anxious, are you able to calm yourself down again, or are you overwhelmed to the point of constant distraction? If you are losing control, do you have grounding elements to help regain control, or are you left to spiral out into the void without a life-line?

http://www.tripzine.com/listing.php?id=pit19
American Dream

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:44 pm

Did not realize that the TIDS thread had continued and was active in Data Dump.

I have always liked this thread but maybe not for the intended reasons.

Thanks AD. :thumbsup
PufPuf93

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:04 pm

My intended reasons may not stay the same, be defined, or held consciously in this moment. I only work here...
American Dream

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:12 pm

American Dream » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:04 pm wrote:My intended reasons may not stay the same, be defined, or held consciously in this moment. I only work here...

Agent AD :coolshades
PufPuf93

Postby American Dream » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:57 am

Are cryptocracies very interested in these sorts of states? I'm guessing they are...

OBEs, Astral Encounters, & The Deep Trance State

James Kent
Chapter 21: Psychedelic Information Theory

Of all the psychedelic cognitive phenomena, the out-of-body experience (or OBE) is probably the hardest to come to grips with. OBEs are reported in all kinds of situations, drug-related and otherwise. There is an entire underground school of literature on do-it-yourself astral travel and out-of-body experimentation. Since the range of possible out-of-body experiences is so broad, I will clarify by classifying the various types of OBEs in order of magnitude thusly: 1. Perceptual Shifting; 2. Astral Walking (classic OBE); and 3. Dimension Walking. I categorize the OBEs in this order based on what I refer to as the level "cognitive grounding" the user has within reality and his or her own body. At the first level, Perceptual Shifting, the subject's awareness may "float" around the body, shift to the left, to the right, float up, float down, rotate in space, roll, fall, etc., but the perceptual "locus" of the user remains centered on or within the body and its current location in space. Level two, Astral Walking, is when the subject actually "steps out" of his or her body, and the subjective awareness starts to float around, leaving the body lying or sitting peacefully at rest. Many astral walkers report a "silver cord" which connects them to their body as they take the astral self for a spin. In level three, Dimension Walking, the subject actually departs this dimension, and the subjective awareness de-materializes and re-materializes in a parallel universe, alternate dimension, another body, in heaven, in hell, in Nevada, etc. Various sub-sets of dimension-walking include Remote Viewing and Remote Hosting. Remote Viewing is when the subject's awareness of local space dissolves and re-materializes at some targeted point in real space, able to pull data and images from non-local surroundings (like Nevada, or the moon). Remote Hosting is similar, although instead of re-materializing at an arbitrary point in space, the subject's awareness re-materializes into a different host body; an animal, another human, or the body of some alien being (or as a computer, a bacterium, a plant, a spirit medium, etc.).

From a Hollywood standpoint, nothing is more romantic than the tale of the wise old shaman drinking his sacred brew, shape-shifting into a bird or a panther, and seeing the world through the eyes of his new spirit guide. In the modern age, New Age promotion of ideas like Remote Viewing and Astral Travel got novices, college students, and bored housewives practicing mystical techniques and meditative breathing exercises in their bedrooms; rubbing their crystals; signing up for special classes at the local yoga studio; strapping on mind-machines and binaural beat entrainers (with fancy blinking lights and pulsing sounds!); and expecting to have amazing out-of-body experiences in two weeks or less or their money back. But what is really going on here? Are we seriously supposed to believe that people are sending their disincarnate spirits out into the air for a quick look about? I'm not going to tell you what to believe here, but what I can tell you is this: OBEs are a very real phenomena, and they are intimately linked to the deep trance state of human consciousness.

From a technical perspective, the deep trance state is one of the most easily identifiable states of human consciousness. It is a borderline area where the brain is not quite sleeping but not quite awake. While in deep trance, the brainwaves emanating from the mind stay constant, and operate at a very thin range of about 3-4 hz (cycles per second). This range of brain activity is directly on the margin between Theta (diminishing awareness) and Delta (sleeping) brain activity. This range of consciousness is sometimes referred to as the hypnagogic state, and is closely associated with sensations of falling, drifting, and floating out of one's body. Lucid dreaming also occurs in this state. The deep trance state is something everyone passes through on the way to sleep every night — sometimes startling us as we begin to feel like we are rolling or falling out of bed — but very rarely do we linger in this space, we just pass right on into deeper sleep. However, all the mediation techniques, breathing exercises, binaural beat generators, brain machines, lucid dreaming exercises, targeted hypnosis, and all the other techniques that come in this particular OBE-for-the-masses package are all designed to help you readily achieve and maintain this deep trance state for long periods of time. That's it. That is the trick. Really.

When this deep trance state is achieved, your body literally vanishes in space, you become translucent, weightless, and your awareness is unbound. If this sounds like the dissociative space I mentioned earlier, that's because it is a dissociative space. It is the space where your awareness is still awake, but your mind is actively detaching (gating awareness) from the body on its way into sleep. This is the liminal zone that is crucial to all astral work, lucid dreaming and OBEs included. I mention this because certain psychedelics can aide quite handily in achieving this deep trance state and holding it for long periods of time, so the application in achieving something like an OBE with psychedelics is perfectly reasonable. However, it should be mentioned that the Monroe Institute has literally made a science out of this kind of targeted brainwave entrainment, and has many non-drug alternatives for facilitating deep trance meditation in the comfort of your own home. Certain kinds of music (like, um..., trance?) also help. Or you could just lie back and do some deep breathing exercises, focus on keeping yourself balanced between the realm of waking and dreaming. The real masters of this kind of meditation need no drugs (or excuse) to go astral.

So when you hit the deep trance state, perceptual shifting begins to take hold. This is most likely because the sensory cortex in youre parietal lobe is now gating external inputs, and shifting to the processing of internalized signal. Your body is also actively shutting down connectivity from your motor-response cortex so you don't flop around while you dream. Subjectively, you feel yourself lighten and begin to roll or float in space. If you can keep yourself in the liminal zone, your awareness will shift between your physical reality and the internal image created within the dream space. When riding the liminal zone, the gating of external/internal input can be switched on and off like light, allowing you to pass seamlessly from one to the other and back again in under a second or two. This experiment can be done with or without drugs in any place and time where you can sit back and relax for a bit. I have found that using a white noise generator (like a fan, or people talking in the background) is a great way to tell when I slip from one domain of consciousness to the next. There is a standing fan in my bedroom, and if it is running when I am in a liminal zone and external signal is allowed, I can hear the fan. But when I slip into a slightly deeper zone, the fan goes silent. My awareness of my room, my understanding that the fan should be there, persists from state to state, but the noise of the fan is generally the first thing to go. When I suddenly remember that I can't hear the fan, the fan immediately returns, and thus I wake up and external gating is back on. But there have been those rare times where I sit up and look at the fan, and the fan has simply stopped, it is not moving at all. Am I in a different room? Has the electricity gone off? Sometimes that moment can stretch out for a long period of time, and then suddenly the fan starts up again, and I sit up, and I realize I was just having a lucid dream, not quite awake, just thinking I was.

Of course, OBEs can be much more extreme than the occasional hypnophasic false awakening. The classic Hollywood OBE entails floating up and out of your body, and watching your limp and unconscious form recede below you, and then sailing off into the sky for a quick jet around the cosmos. Of course, many of these extreme types of OBEs are encountered under anesthesia, during surgery, immediately after intense accidents, and during other kinds of physical and emotional stress and trauma. The more extreme versions of OBEs are often described in terms of near-death-experiences (NDEs) as opposed to some kind of controlled travel about the astral realms. I would say that there are a couple differences between the classic OBE and the classic NDE, the first being that OBEs are generally planned as part of a meditative exercise, NDEs happen in response to shock and trauma. In both states, however, the perceptual "locus" of the self is tossed out of the body, creating the paradoxical perception of being outside of your body, observing reality from a removed, third person perspective. The second difference between the classic OBE and the classic NDE is that NDEs often include a tunnel of bright lights leading toward an afterworld where loved-ones who have passed on are waiting, and sometimes includes a montage of memories that "flash" before your eyes (as mentioned earlier when talking about an excitation of the hippocampus during hyper-associative memory states). Obviously, there is a lot more going on in the typical NDE than your basic astral walkabout, but I classify them as similar because both contain the notion that the soul — or the "astral self" — has been lifted, or sometimes jolted, out of the body.

There have been many times under the influence of psychedelics where I have felt that I was sliding out of my body, or that I was being pulled, pushed, rolled, or jerked right out of my skin. I have found myself outside of my body, I have found myself materializing into other bodies, emerging suddenly in other dimensions, instantly transported back in time, etc. However, all of these experiences felt more like extremely vivid lucid dreams than actual "travel" to real places. They were arguably much better formed than lucid dreams, but only slightly less transient, some lasting a few seconds to a few minutes, other lasting well over an hour. Just like dreaming, I was unable to tell what was "real" and what was not, and just like dreaming these astral events were very difficult to accurately recall afterwards beyond the odd snippet or two. And though I would not flat out deny the possibility of astral travel, I have to say I am not very sold on the idea. It seems more plausible that instead of actually walking around in the real world, the "astral self" is actually walking around in the brain's internal holo-deck, having an inner-mind experience (IME) instead of an out-of-body-experience (OBE). The other alternative is that all dreaming is actually an OBE that happens in an amorphous collective consciousness external from (but also containing) the self. The notion of a universal "dreamspace" or Jungian "collective unconscious" is very palatable in many ways, but I resist accepting it as valid because there are no good definitions for what this collective space is made of, what its basic properties are, or how it stores and trades information from mind to mind. We are basically supposed to believe, on faith, that there is a kind of psychic ether that permeates the thoughts and dreams of all living things (The Force? The Holy Spirit?), connecting all imagination back to the great dream telemetry transmitter/receiver in the sky (The Collective Unconscious? God?), or something like that.

While the concept of a primal dreamspace or a collective unconscious has been floated around for millennia, it is still a long way from being resolved. I'll talk a little more about possible mechanistic underpinnings of such a model later, but for now, I'm going to classify OBEs, NDEs, and other floating perceptual experiences as a kind of lucid dreamspace, on the borderline between waking and sleeping, essentially in a deep trance state where loose associations between thoughts and memories can run free in the mind's eye. The gamut of experiences to be found here are wide and varied, and the most visionary psychedelic and dissociative drug experimentation usually leads back to this space in one way or another. I say this because, as an observer of human nature, it seems that when humans find an intoxicant they like, they tend to do more and more of it until they eventually pass out from inebriation. This is as true with psychedelics as it is with alcohol, except when you pass out from alcohol use you go black; when you pass out from psychedelic use you go astral. I have had people tell me they got yanked out of their body and stuck on the ceiling; that they rematerialized in a parking lot across the country; got spun over in space (though they were lying perfectly still); that their awareness had slid into a tiny frayed string on the hem of their shirt, and that they were going to be stuck seeing the world from the perspective of a tiny frayed string on the hem of their shirt for the rest of their life... and on and on. Drug-induced OBEs are legion, and these generally happen when you pass out from taking a very high dose.

http://tripzine.com/listing.php?id=pit21
American Dream

Postby PufPuf93 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:36 pm

There is a practical little book published in the 1970s about Astral Projection, Ophiel's The Art and Practice of Astral Projection. I just discovered by internet search that Ophiel's book has been scanned and there is a pdf online.

http://www.theakurians.com/AkurianDocum ... el-opt.pdf

I tried the various practices in Ophiel with some success. Years later I introduced several individuals with sometimes great success with me as a vocal guide. There was also some Castanada influence whereas I had been a consumer of the early books.

I met a woman, was delighted with her company, and wanted her for a lover to be blunt. She shared my love of nature. I started with physical relaxing and breathing exercises, clenching and relaxing rhythmically fingers and toes and working through the body and also working to a rhythmic and controlled measured breathe. Then I talked her out of her body and thru the ceiling and roof and into the sky where she flew under my voice around the Klamath Mountains. She would dip into the forest and other local environs and communicate with flora, fauna, geology, water, and beings from Indian stories. Then I would bring her home. It worked in part because what occurred checked out with what was there because of my knowledge and emotion. I showed her maps before and after the session of where she traveled and some places we had or would later visited. There were also stones placed in her hands and other related ephemera available as she lay prone with eyes closed and body seemingly vacant. We became lovers after the first session so maybe I employed magick to bring us together but it was good.

I became somewhat the "treat" for her close girl friends who were of similar orientation and conducted other sessions. Another became a lover (and we were all adult, I was not the physical initiator in either case). One of her BFFs was a blind woman. I had met her when we were children as her grandparents knew my grandparents but she had become blinded in her 20s, we were in our 40s then. She went with us on several camping and day trips to the forest where I helped her experience by feel, smell, and other senses various trees, rocks, flowers, etc. She ended up being the person out of that group I knew the longest as she liked to call me on the telephone and the calls were much akin to the flying lessons. I lived several hours away.
PufPuf93

Postby American Dream » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:31 pm

Such great stories! Thank you.

I also had a great interest in cultivating psychic abilities back when we were all awash in potent psychedelics. I did not combine the medicine with such ventures but it permeated our world, leading us to believe in psychic moments involving group telepathy, synchronicity and OBE's (which mostly happened for me in dreams), though I did read a book from Llewelyn.

I do remember a saucer cult in Arizona where the old guy was so proud of his book describing OBE's mostly involving sexual experiences with curvy astronauts from afar. His wife was so proud too and as we sat down to meditate proclaimed, "I just know I'm going to have an O.B. tonight!"
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:58 am

Not singling out the OTO from any sort of Xtian perspective but I find this to be very relevant:

Fetish, Self-Induction, Stigma and Rôleplay

by
Peter-R. Koenig

Self Induced Schizophrenia

... "Sound and Vision in Trance" that is, although I do not really take to this expression as it recalls the Nazi- ideologist Mathilde Ludendorff, who in 1933 thought to have smelled out a rats' nest of "Induced Madness by Occult Teachings" within the O.T.O. [14]

In brief: Many occultists, in particular Crowleyans, attempt to either create or get in touch with new or alternate realities. The occultist intent on self-induced schizophrenia prescribes himself the description of the symptoms. Similia similibus curantur. He brings about the symptoms of classical schizophrenia by force, hoping to turn into a homo superior as a consequence.

The keywords: Symptoms similar to those of an affective psychosis, endogenous depression, of organic diseases of the brain or psychoses associated with epilepsy of the frontal lobe.

Not the primarily inner psychological disorders of classical schizophrenia (e.g. thought disorder, ego weakness, the flooding of consciousness by primary processes and so on) are aimed for but rather processes which influence the pattern of relationships in accordance with the intention of the occultist, for everything should happen "under the will". Occultists want to receive visions and hear voices. They seem to welcome anything – the use of drugs, yoga or any other mind-altering or mind-expanding means. [15] They develop a fully-fledged craving for hearing voices and receiving visions.

Proceed from the patterns of relationships the life of a self-induced schizophrenic rests on, the cabbala, the delusion that everything is connected to everything, that everything is the same. Self-induced schizophrenics need to live in a world where the sequence of events unfolds in a way rendering their extraordinary communication behaviour comprehensible and enabling them to find partners in communication. Self-induced schizophrenia is after all intended to make sense. Moreover they wish to share their everyday experiences which might include the cabbalistic convergence of the unity of an alien life form and a tomato (because possibly the term "alien" carries the same cabbalistic numerical value as the word "tomato").

Obviously this leads to disrupted communication with those who do not participate in these patterns, e.g. non-occultists. Yet still the desire to be somehow connected to the rest of the world, and noticed, remains. Follows resocialisation by choosing to build an identity based on stigmatisation.

http://www.parareligion.ch/2011/fetish.htm
American Dream

Postby PufPuf93 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:43 pm

American Dream » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:31 pm wrote:Such great stories! Thank you.

I also had a great interest in cultivating psychic abilities back when we were all awash in potent psychedelics. I did not combine the medicine with such ventures but it permeated our world, leading us to believe in psychic moments involving group telepathy, synchronicity and OBE's (which mostly happened for me in dreams), though I did read a book from Llewelyn.

I do remember a saucer cult in Arizona where the old guy was so proud of his book describing OBE's mostly involving sexual experiences with curvy astronauts from afar. His wife was so proud too and as we sat down to meditate proclaimed, "I just know I'm going to have an O.B. tonight!"

There were no psychedelics involved but some incidental pot and alchohol. You know from elsewhere that I do have psychedelic experience.

The Ophiel and my initial experiments were in the late 70s. The psychedelics were not involved but quite likely had impact on my world view and sense of adventure, but no direct connection.

In 1999 I divorced and one day I was at the Arcata Farmer's Market on the square and met "Jeanie" and what is described above is circa 1999-2001. I lived 3 hours away in Redding and had the place where I now live, also three hours from Redding but at one point one turns right and deeper into the mountains or turns left to Humboldt Bay. So I am about 2 hours from Humboldt Bay.

Jeanie and her blind friend "Carol" were an interesting result of "cult". They met and were still active in a support group for abused women who had left the Jehovah Witnesses. Jeanie was about 10 years younger than I and Carol five. Jeanie had a very dysfunctional upbringing in that there was an alcoholic and violent father and a mentally ill mother and she had suffered every sort of abuse and deprivation. She met and married a Jehovah Witness man as a teenager to get away. He was abusive and she divorced and married a second Jehovah Witness. Their life was very much within that culture. One problem was that she was unfertile and could not bare children. Jeanie was intelligent and would have done well in university if had been given the chance. She began to grow apart from 2nd husband and JWs. She got a clerical job whereas before she had never worked. She got some different clothes and make up. She read romance novels. There was again some physical abuse. The JW then did something akin to an exorcism to support the husband. Members of the church went through their apartment and her belongings and took for burning what was not acceptable and demanded she quit the job. She related great personal humiliation because of this act but it was compounded by the fact that it should have been "in secret" but everyone in the local JW community knew and she was subject to gossip. She left and got a restraining order against husband and lived half hidden, she had a job as receptionist in her Attorney's office.

She met "Carol" in the support group for former JW women. Carol was a member of a Tribe but was also strawberry blonde with (dead) blue eyes, with clear skin almost like a doll and had not spent much time around Indians. She had suffered some sort of brain infection in her early 20s so had known sight to early adulthood but had spent close to half her life and most of her adult life 100% blind and had come to the JW only after she lost her sight. Jeanie and Carol had a symbiotic relationship. Jeanie was man-crazed and Carol was afraid of men, both were lonely and socially naïve. Jeanie was more plain and had this new earth mother / hippie aura going on. Carol was an extremely beautiful woman, the type that draws attention in a large room or across the street. So Carol in one sense was a wick for Jeanie. As related to me, Carol had pretty much been cloistered by her exe and cared for by him and other JW women. They had not known each other as JWs, living on opposing ends of the county, but Janie had been aware of Carol because of her beauty and blindness. Carol was pretty helpless, used to having things done for her though she was good with her cane and in a room or the like one could almost forget she could not see. Jeanie was her eyes and company and they did things like get their nails done, go to the beauty parlor, shop for jewelry, shop in general, etc, most things more common to women than life as a JW. Carol was in a sense quite vain in that she always was asking and being reassured that she looked good. But she also got hit on continually by men and had several initial bad experiences turned to avoidance. She knew she was beautiful but maybe not the full extent and with the JWs and now Jeanie she had help to maintain her looks.

After our first meeting, I came over for the weekend to visit Jeanie and we went to the beach and out for a meal and then to her apartment. There was some flirting and all that discovery. The next thing I knew we were lying on her bed separate with our eyes closed and I took her "flying", all spontaneous, something adlibbed, never done before. Several weekends later we made plans to come out here in the mountains. Part of which we were to attend the Karuk "Jump Dance" ritual. When I got to Eureka, Jeanie said before we left she had promised to take her friend to get nails and hair done. The friend was Carol. When told our plans she asked to come along. Recall she was legally Native American and had spent time here with grandparents as a child and she thought we had met then (note I was 5 years or so older).

The first day and night we went camping at a meadow about a 40 miles drive into the high Siskiyous, in a part of the National Forest that went to the US Supreme Court in the 1980s because of the Native American Religious Freedom Act (if you recall an earlier post about Castaneda and mescaline in the Indian sacred country when I was 17, with a childhood friend in training to be a Yurok shaman, this is same general area). On the drive out we made many stops and the late Spring / early Summer wildflowers were at their best. We got into a rhythm of finding flowers and plants and trees to show Carol. She smelled and tasted California Ginseng, wild ginger, California bay laurel, and the twigs of Ceanothus integerrimus that taste like bubble gum. She felt the ritual stones stacked two and three feet high. She scratched her back on old growth Douglas-fir. She felt bigfoot tracks and hair (black lichen) on trees and crumbled in her soon to be washed fingers dry bigfoot dropping (black bear poop) composed mostly of berry seeds. She felt the difference between serpentine and granite and the differences between the various conifer species. We gathered pink rhododendron flowers that they later strung into leis while I set up camp. Our camp was in a small wet, peaty meadow with a small stream and lots of wildflowers. We picked red elderberries. We picked Prince's pine and made tea. I bawdily introduced her to the male spirit of the Earth, Sarcodes, who had 9 inches of bright red stiffness. We visited the Darlingtonia (Pitcher plant, large insectivorous plant) bogs. We walked barefoot in and laid down in the soft green peat and in the hot granite sand and into the cold snow melt. They picked wildflowers braided into each others hair. That time of year the air is electric and there were many dragonflies. None of this was planned but became a continuous theme from the start of our outing.

Later after dinner and campfire time, we laid in the tent, a dome with mosquito netting top so could see stars if rain fly wasn't up. We laid on our sleeping bags and vocally we relaxed and "flew", this time with more props to feel in hands or smell, and revisited in detail places we had been that day. The next night we went to the Jump Dance and left Carol with a friend there and we had some alone time. The ritual dance lasts all night and there is a dance pit with dancers, songs, and percussion. Kiswuf and various other aromatics are added to the fire in the dance pit. Carol said that day was the most sensory day of her life. As I was thinking about writing this one thought was "gee I wish I had the opportunity to share with more blind people like that".

Afterwards I was introduced to 3 or 4 other women from their circle of friends which was this exe JW Women support group. I was gentle and safe and interesting. I did some other sessions. Carol took to calling me on the phone to "fly". I was reserved about getting too close to her because she was so high maintenance. Jeanie got raped by a man she met and rejected but she let him in her apartment when he showed up uninvited one day. She ended up marrying a nice man. I am not certain what happened to Carol.
PufPuf93

Postby American Dream » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Another great story! I'm left wondering whether most all of us enjoy such easy access to these sorts of experiences. My assumption is that it varies and that background involving certain drugs, mystical experience and/or trauma- most especially for all of these at a younger age- increases our capacity.

This would help explain spooky interest in such things, especially in past decades (and also around the Bay Area) , when funds flowed more freely and less was known about these topics...
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:33 am

Recluse on the Opperman Report

The interview was roughly centered around infamous cult leader Adolfo Constanzo, the Cuban-American drug trafficker and occultist who became a player in the Mexican drug scene during the late 1980s. It was a fitting topic as the interview was conducted on November 1, Constanzo's birthday and the Day of the Dead in many Catholic countries.

Also discussed were various Mexican right wing cults that grew out of the Los Cristero movement, including the Legion of Christ, the synarchists and Los Tecos. We also found the time to touch upon the West Memphis Three, Trump's organized crime ties, the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, John Podesta, and elite pedophile rings.

http://visupview.blogspot.com/2017/11/r ... eport.html
American Dream

Postby liminalOyster » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:58 pm

Derp, thanks for the indirect bump. I had either forgotten or missed that this thread still existed over here in the dd ghetto! It's probably my favorite thread native to late stage RI.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby American Dream » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:03 pm

South Africa's 'Dr. Death' Was Accused of Selling Ravers Super-Strength MDMA

Examining the facts around Dr. Wouter Basson, his top-secret biological weapons program, and the 98 percent pure ecstasy produced in his labs.

A former Civilian Cooperation Bureau agent (a.k.a. an operative of a government-sponsored ​Apartheid death squad) named Danie Phaal also testified that Basson had asked him whether he would be willing to sell 100,000 hits of quaaludes to surfers in the global surfing hotspot Jeffreys Bay in 1992. Phaal refused, but evidently this didn't deter Basson. Trevor Floyd, another CCB assassin, testified during the trial that Basson had asked him in 1992 if he had contacts in Europe and, specifically, England who could distribute a large amount of ecstasy, to which Basson had access. He refused. Basson would later testify that he had merely been "testing" Floyd. International concerns were raised when a drug bust in Chicago traced almost completely pure ecstasy all the way back to South Africa and the Delta G laboratories, which led to cooperation between American and South African intelligence.

MDMA of a historical quality had been produced on a large scale. That was fact. But prosecutors weren't able to prove whether it had been sold to the public or not. However, the circumstances do support the prosecution's allegations. Basson was placed on official retirement in March of 1993, with a year-long contract to wind down Project Coast. Around 1994, the front companies were tail-spinning toward bankruptcy.

Meanwhile, insanely pure ecstasy was turning up in other countries that Basson had queried his subordinates about. Locally, the potent MDMA--which dealers had christened "Basson's Brownies"--was doing the rounds at raves. Depending on whom you ask, the evidence is either compelling or far too convenient to believe that Basson had indeed produced a kind of super-ecstasy drug and sold it for personal profit.

Ravers in the UK

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ppmw ... cstasy-957
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Leo Perutz and the Mystery of St Peter's Snow
Alan Piper

Abstract
A novel published in 1933, describes the isolation of a hallucinogenic drug from an ergot-type fungus. It remarkably predates the discovery the hallucinogenic properties of the ergot-derived alkaloid lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) by ten years. It also identifies ergot as the secret psychoactive sacrament of the ancient mysteries forty years before this hypothesis became a matter of academic and scientific investigation. In the novel, a central character plans to use an ergot derived drug as an agent of popular religious renewal, prefiguring the New Age religious revival initiated by the popular use of LSD. The story involves the mass testing of a hallucinogenic drug on the unsuspecting inhabitants of an isolated village almost twenty years before the Pont St Esprit incident of 1951, which has been ascribed to the CIA's plans for experimental dosing of unsuspecting civilians with psychoactive drugs. This article investigates how the author could have managed to foresee these future events in such prophetic detail and reveals the sources that were available. In this article the history of psychoactive drugs is set in the context of the political, scientific, literary, and philosophical culture of the interwar period and shows that the cultural history of psychoactive drugs is enhanced by such context.

Read at: http://www.academia.edu/3990851/Leo_Per ... eters_Snow
American Dream

PreviousNext

Return to Data & Research Compilations