Prediction data dump

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Prediction data dump

Postby JackRiddler » Sat May 07, 2016 9:00 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:59 am wrote:2013 - Saudi Arabia in flames as princes flee to London

2013 - Federal Reserve bailout of ECB

2013 - LULZ, LULZ and more LULZ

You were a bit itchy on the trigger with Saudi, but it looks set to happen by 2020.

The Federal Reserve bailed out Europe already, from 2007 forward. European banks (or their "American subsidiaries") were at one point beneficiaries of ZIRP and QE actions on a scale equal to or greater than Wall Street. Neither side seems to have had an interest in trumpeting it, however.

I think all of my predictions sucked.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Sun May 08, 2016 12:24 am

Elvis » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:00 am wrote:Dudes, you guys suck at predictions!

Prediction: Bernie Sanders, with help from GOP operatives, will win the 2016 Democratic nomination.

This one is very interesting.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Freitag » Sun May 08, 2016 3:39 am

JackRiddler » Fri May 06, 2016 6:46 pm wrote:Trump is going to lose in an absolutely epic way, by the way. It doesn't matter how bad Clinton will be, she or a County Fair Potato would do as well. Please Lord, give us a miracle Bernie Resurrection!
Freitag

Postby Freitag » Sun May 08, 2016 3:59 am

Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:17 pm wrote:Per Pepe Escobar:

Surging demand and falling production will reverse the oil crash by July.

I came within a click of buying an oil ETF today but couldn't pull the trigger. It's got to rebound at some point, right? Hell I still might do it. But probably not. Having commodities in my Roth IRA seems ghetto somehow.

Prediction: Oil prices will skyrocket before the end of 2016 because I refused to buy low and the Universe is punishing me.
Freitag

Postby JackRiddler » Sun May 08, 2016 4:27 am

If you insist, I guess the bet is on...

Freitag » Sat May 07, 2016 6:30 pm wrote:I just wanted to highlight your prediction in a place where I'd remember putting it. I may enjoy revisiting it later, after Trump has won by a landslide ;)

Technically Friday I'd be amused to see the political suicide of Rand Paul by his addition to the Trump ticket, as you imagine is coming (will not happen!). Except he already died, politically, didn't you notice? Yeah, it was pretty hard to catch all the bodies dropping in the background of the Republican Candidate Massacre, like in a movie where Steven Seagal just mows down mooks for 90 minutes. I thought the Father Paul 2008 thing was a real movement, if very limited and not my, ahem, teacup, but it proved pretty easy to roll into the Tea Astroturfing, and has now been right swallowed up into the Boss Trump Show. Without a trace.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon May 09, 2016 8:52 am

First (actual) assassination attempt on The Donald: July 2016.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Sounder » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:13 pm

OK, I will make a prediction, but only because it’s in the data dump and few people will read it. Like others I make ‘predictions’ and for the most part they are wrong. I trace this to excessive self regard and a natural tendency to see the world through a lens that all too often is an expression of personal pretences.

Still I noticed a few weeks ago a ‘news’ item that claimed that two ships from Galveston, turned around in the middle of the ocean rather than add to the Que of ships off the coast of Europe waiting for a better price.

This leads to a prediction of war, -soon, because the big boys do not like waiting on a ‘free’ market to chew up the ‘commodities’ that we produce.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby Luther Blissett » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:23 pm

I predict that Clinton will install only conservative justices.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:32 pm

Luther: if by conservative you mean pro-corporate who are at least for Roe v. Wade, yeah.

Otherwise, here's a kind of set of predictions:

seemslikeadream » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:55 pm wrote:I am voting for terrain.

With a President Trump, we will be fighting for the very space to organize.

that's it!

I think we damn well know what is best for us and our families ...that's all that matters

And I respect your choice, although mine (given the conveniences of living in New York) is not the same. And there is no excuse for voting for or apologizing for Trump. There is no universe in which he is the "lesser evil," or for that matter the tactically better choice because we get more space to fight him than we get in fighting a Clinton administration.

Unknowable factors notwithstanding, like whether we get a "Cyber 9/11" right after the election. Something like that may be in the works regardless of who wins the Ugliness Pageant. The Deep State has the resources for attempts to instantly turn consensus narratives. We unfortunately do not.

JackRiddler

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:39 pm

I'm calling it for Trump, by a slight landslide. The Deplorables™* are mad as hell, and they're not gonna take it any more. The FBI's incredible speed-reading feat will have been the last straw for many of them.

Meanwhile, a sizable number of young people who might otherwise automatically have voted Democrat -- and who, I'm told, use this "Internet" thing -- will have been angered by the Bernie Sanders debacle/betrayal/scam, and increasingly disturbed by the WikiLeaks revelations: not to mention their own debts, their own career prospects, and the distinct possibility of war with Russia under a Hillary-neocons regime. They may well abstain, vote Green, or even press the button for Trump on impulse once they're alone in that booth.

To get Hillary installed, there'll have to be some really blatant rigging of the machines and/or a "terrorist" attack on the Homeland between now and January. Both of which are very risky strategies, because the Deplorables are no longer willing to believe anything they are told by anyone in DC or in the "liberal" media. (Even if there is in fact no rigging at all, which is barely imaginable, they still won't believe it. Why should they?) Or maybe a pretext for war with Russia will be found sometime in the next few weeks.

High times ahead.

*That Basket contains around half of all US voters, even according to current polls. It wasn't wise of the future Queen to insult 50% of her subjects to their faces before she was even crowned.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Freitag » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:25 am

JackRiddler » Sat May 07, 2016 9:27 pm wrote:If you insist, I guess the bet is on...

Freitag » Sat May 07, 2016 6:30 pm wrote:I just wanted to highlight your prediction in a place where I'd remember putting it. I may enjoy revisiting it later, after Trump has won by a landslide ;)

Damn I'm good at this. What should I predict next? I predict that Trump will make a brilliant President. That he'll be re-elected. That he'll unite America behind the idea of, well... America.

Freitag

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:22 am

I predict that fuck you and fuck you.

Happy? Idiot. We shall talk again.

JackRiddler

Postby tapitsbo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:17 am

JackRiddler » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:22 am wrote:.

I predict that fuck you and fuck you.

Happy? Idiot. We shall talk again.

This is a good prediction
tapitsbo

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:46 pm

MacCruiskeen » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:19 am wrote:It will be an irony worth savouring if Trump turns out to be the least bellicose US president since Jimmy Carter, winds down the Empire, and makes good on his repeated promise (in that acceptance speech*) to be a president for all Americans.

saving this
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby Freitag » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:20 am

MacCruiskeen » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:39 am wrote:I'm calling it for Trump, by a slight landslide.

I have to give props to this because of how the polls looked at the time. I predicted the same, but much earlier when the situation was more fluid. Well done.
Freitag

PreviousNext

Return to Data & Research Compilations