Rigorous Intuition Discussion Board Archive

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Rigorous Intuition Discussion Board Archive

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:53 pm

Joao, so sorry if there is any misunderstanding. The bump/reminder was a reminder for me, not an order to you! If it had been a message to you, I would have used your username. You seemed to have left because of the transgender discussion. I am going to do the download, sooner or later, and bumping this is a way of pressuring myself. I greatly appreciated the first one, as I've said, and would never have asked you to do it again, certainly not in such an impolite and unconditional way ("get on it," etc.). You may not like me now but there is no reason for me or anyone else to disrespect your labor.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby alloneword » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:55 am

5 years, 1 month and 18 days on from the last 'snapshot' archive made by Joao (no longer available on 'archive.org', it would appear)... here's another one.

It was made on a linux machine using 'wget', the command being:

Code: Select all
wget -k -m -E -p -np -R memberlist.php*,faq.php*,viewtopic.php*p=*,posting.php*,search.php*,ucp.php*,viewonline.php*,*sid*,*view=print*,*start=0* -o log.txt rigorousintuition.ca/board2/

It took several days to complete - mainly due to a bug in wget which means it downloads stuff it's told to ignore before deciding to ignore it, plus not wanting to hammer the board too hard.

It includes everything up to around Jan 10th 2022. As before, it does not contain hotlinked images or videos, but if the link to them still works, it will display as expected from within the archive when viewed on a browser. A lot of cruft was excluded, including anything related to the defunct 'blog' function, print-views of pages and duplicates of pages created from links to forum searches (e.g.'..&hilit=noddy...').

Obviously (or maybe not) the 'search' functions won't work on a local copy, as they're performed by the server backend on the site, so links within the archived pages to user profiles etc will bring you back to the 'real' site.

The old 'Ezcode' formatted pages now display properly - in so far as you can consider anything displayed in comic sans to be 'proper'.

Tech note: This was a PITA (Joao never did say how it was achieved last time), but I eventually got there buy using 'sed', simply replacing all the instances of '&lt' and '&gt' with the appropriate '<' and '>' characters in all of the pages (where the topic number 't=...' was less than 10,000 to speed thing up). This does mean that where an 'ezcode' formatted post was quoted in a later ('t=>10000) one, it will likely still look ugly.

The sed lines were:

Code: Select all
find . -type f -exec sed -i 's/&lt;/</g' {} +
find . -type f -exec sed -i 's/&gt;/>/g' {} +

As a note, what appears to have caused it was that initially, the posts imported from 'ezboards' into an earlier incarnation of phpbb displayed fine. At some point, phpbb was updated (drew?) and the old imported posts no longer displayed correctly.

The file is only 362mb in size, and is compressed (zipped) with 7-zip. It expands to 72,374 items, totalling ~3.6 GB (Yeah, 7-zip really is that good).

I intend to upload it to archive.org (their registration sign-up doesn't seem to be working at present), but in the meantime, I've uploaded it to a free filehosting service here:

https://www48.zippyshare.com/v/YPZ9aY3F/file.html

It will remain downloadable for '30 days since the last time it was downloaded', so fill yer boots. I'll update this with a link to archive.org when it's available.

If anyone want's to create one for themselves, you can use the commands above from a linux machine, or for Windows/Mac use a tool like the one Joao recommended in the OP - but set a rate limit (delay) or you'll likely crash the board (MYSQLi errors).
alloneword

Postby Harvey » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:50 am

5 years, 1 month and 18 days on from the last 'snapshot' archive made by Joao"

I have a copy of it. I can upload it to a file share if needed.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Gnomad » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:43 pm

Great, I tried to do that myself but I am not that good with wget. Downloaded, thanks!
la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Previous

Return to Data & Research Compilations