Dead Net Central dump

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Dead Net Central dump

Postby robertdreed » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:16 am

The Dead Net Central board, which served for years as a primary on-line home base of mine, is scheduled for immediate re-vamping, and the info I've posted may be gone any day now. <br><br>There's a wealth of information there- I've posted all sorts of links on parapolitics in various topics- and I'm unable to cache it on my computer, which belongs to someone else. I won't even have the same ISP in a few days. <br><br>If someone wants to cache the entire website, I'd be so-o gratified...there are tools to enable home PCs to do it, available here <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.download.com/3150-2377-0.html">www.download.com/3150-2377-0.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>If anyone does manage to save and cache the entire website- it's scheduled to be replaced as early as tomorrow- please let me know. <br><br>Actually, for political purposes, the most relevant political information is overwhelmingly found in these sections: <br><br>DeadNetCentral Discussion 21, Political Discussions Folder<br><br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://hotline.deadnetcentral.com/WebX?14@82.luqCaCW6wmp.63956@.ee7c36c">hotline.deadnetcentral.co...6@.ee7c36c</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>DeadNetCentral Discussion 20, DNC Revisited folder, Conspiracy Mongering page <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://hotline.deadnetcentral.com/WebX?14@82.luqCaCW6wmp.63954@.ee81c4d.ee7684e/0">hotline.deadnetcentral.co....ee7684e/0</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <br>A different politics discussion, from a different part of the same website: DeadNetCentral Conference Site (DNC V) >> GRATEFUL DEAD CENTRAL >> Dick's Picks Resurrected >> CURRENT TOPICS >> THE REST >> Politics <br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.deadnetcentral.com/WebX?14@251.fLunarJjLxF.52955@.ee75e1f/0">www.deadnetcentral.com/We....ee75e1f/0</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>To cache the entire website: <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.deadnetcentral.com/WebX?14@251.fLunarJjLxF.52956@/">www.deadnetcentral.com/We...xF.52956@/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>My e-monkier on there has long been "HCu."<br><br>Sprinkled throughout those discussions are little nuggets of information like this: <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://hotline.deadnetcentral.com/WebX?13@82.luqCaCW6wmp.63914@.ee7ece6/5442">hotline.deadnetcentral.co...7ece6/5442</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>HCu - 10:12am Dec 1, 2000 PDT (#5443 of 6368 ) <br>click on "HCu" for updated unusual history booklist and websites<br>I feel compelled to break in here with a matter of some importance- to me, at least. <br><br>Grevious Angel, perhaps if you'll read the message that I'm linking below, and the ones associated with it, you'll achieve a better understanding of why Supreme Court appointments are somewhere down the list in regard to my trepidations about another Bush Administration. <br><br>In my previous message HCU 11/13/00 1:49pm, I stated that one of the false trails laid in the wake of the Letelier bombing on Embassy Row in Washington, D.C., September 21, 1976 was an insinuation that Michael Moffitt, widower of bombing victim Ronni Moffitt, who was in the car with Orlando Letelier, was the perpetrator. This was not a complete statement of the actual case. Michael Moffitt was in fact also a victim of the same car bomb; he staggered out of the wrecked vehicle bleeding from the ears, staring in shock at the remains of Letelier, and of his bride of four months, Ronni Moffitt. <br><br>In fact,the Letelier-Moffitt bombing smear campaign sought to blame, variously, not merely the Left, or Michael Moffitt, as previously stated, but a mistress of Letelier, a jealous former boyfriend of Ronni Karpen Moffitt, and the widow herself, Isabel Letelier. The alleged architect of this disinformation sump, according to Donald Freed, author of Death in Washington (1980, Laurence Hill & Co., Westport, Conn.), was CIA agent David Phillips, and among the mouthpieces for the "jealous wife" scenario was none other than Gen. Manuel Contreras himself, head of the Chilean DINA secret police, whose uniform tunic collar prominently displayed the crossed hatchets of Licio Gelli's Propaganda 2 Lodge, a person recently revealed to be a well-paid asset of the CIA in that era. <br><br>More from Freed's Death in Washington, page 185: <br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The record is fatal to George Bush and the CIA: <br><br><br>1.In July of 1976 General Walters, Bush, and Secretary of State Kissinger had advance knowledge that a DINA team was in motion, headed toward Washington. <br><br>2.The names Jara, Rose, and Silva (all used at one time or another by [bomb constructer] Townley and aides) were removed from Immigration and Naturalization files. Townley's photograph was removed as well as all paper work about the assassination teams' several entry attempts into the U.S., and all computer entries of the event were erased. <br><br>In other words the CIA not only had advance knowledge and did nothing, but must have destroyed the evidence after the fact. The Agency argues that the State Department must be responsible. The responsible officer at State? None other than Harry Schlaudeman- David Phillips' covert action aide in Santo Domingo and later in Santiago. Not one of these men- Kissinger, Walters, Phillips, Shlaudeman, and especially Bush- has ever delivered an accounting to explain these damaging facts...</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>Summertime done come and gone, my oh my. <br><br>Returning you to your regular program... <br><br><br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rigorousintuition>Rigorous Intuition</A> at: 12/10/05 11:11 am<br></i>
robertdreed

Blog: View Blog (0)

More excerpts

Postby robertdreed » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:55 am

In the meantime, I'll salvage those excerpts from Whitewash, that I previously posted on DeadNetCentral:<br><br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://hotline.deadnetcentral.com/WebX?14@82.luqCaCW6wmp.63991@.ee7aad0/538">hotline.deadnetcentral.co...e7aad0/538</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>HCu - 10:15pm Dec 19, 2000 PDT (#538 of 1638 ) [ you know, fuck your fucking emoticons. RDR. ] <br><br>click on "HCu" for updated unusual history booklist and websites<br>Reposting the link, so it works-- <br><br>Pinochet and Chilean military regime linked to cocaine, Contras- <br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,409347,00.html">observer.guardian.co.uk/i...47,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>HCu - 10:42pm Dec 19, 2000 PDT (#539 of 1638 ) <br>click on "HCu" for updated unusual history booklist and websites<br><br>Now that some factions in U.S. government circles are beating the war drums for increased military intervention in Colombia, I thought that it might be useful to post some of the more cogent information that I've gleaned from various sources on the drug trade in Latin America. <br><br>Colombia has recently joined other nations like Mexico, Burma, and Afghanistan as a principal supplier of heroin to the U.S. and world market. In fact, it is currently alleged by the DEA and Customs to be the #1 supplier of heroin to the U.S. market. Since the cultivation of opium poppies, the source of refined heroin, was virtually unknown in Colombia 25 years ago, this phenomenon deserves further explanation. The following excerpt from the book Whitewash, by Simon Strong, offers some provocative leads as to the reason for the sudden explosion in Colombian opium plantations and heroin laboratories. <br><br><br>"In late 1984, the U.S. embassy in Bogota initiated a bizarre cover-up of Colombia's incipient opium trade. Reports of opium seizures had started in the late 1970s, after the seeds were brought in by the Mexicans. The plantations were said to be in the departments [states]of Cauca, Tolima, Meta, and Cundinamarca. In late 1984, a British journalist and drugs expert, Timothy Ross, bought 2 grams of heroin in Bogota and filmed it for ABC television. To test the purity, he gave half to a toxicology clinic and half to the DEA. Not less than 65 per cent pure, said the clinic. It has no opiate content whatsoever, said the DEA. 'It was the first indication that something was weird,' said Ross, who then secured another sample, this time a 10-gram blob of opium which he bought off a Cauca poppy grower. With no reason to distrust the DEA, with whom he was on good terms, Ross asked them to test it for morphine content. 'The effect was extraordinary. A few weeks later, they denied getting the sample. The secretary who had received it from me was transferred abruptly, and nobody said where to, so there was no way I could prove I had ever given it.' <br><br>Meanwhile, a propaganda visit by five members of the Afghanistan anti-Soviet resistance was organized. 'A friend in the attorney general's office told me that two of them stayed on, and that it was reported that they were helping Colombians to make proper quality heroin,' said Ross. 'My friend had already claimed that an Israeli agronomist had been brought in to improve poppy cultivation. I was naively chatting with the embassy about what I was hearing when they suddenly got very weird with me.' One week of what Ross described as 'serious terror tactics' culminated in his being summoned by the embassy security officer, who pointed his finger at him and declared: 'You are going to lay off this story or you are going to die.'" <br>from Whitewash: Pablo Escobar and the Cocaine Wars, 1994, by Simon Strong, MacMillan Publishing, p.106 <br><br>HCu - 11:18pm Dec 19, 2000 PDT (#540 of 1638 ) <br>click on "HCu" for updated unusual history booklist and websites<br><br>Also from Whitewash, page 193, concerning an early 1980s link between the Colombian branch of the notorious BCCI and the Conservative Party's Andres Pastrana, currently the President of Colombia- <br><br><br>Drug-money laundering was [a BCCI] specialty. The BCCI had won access to the U.S. financial system through its illegal purchase of First American Bank using U.S. nominees at the turn of the 1980s. It acquired a hot line to the cocaine industry in an apparently similar way: using Colombian nationals to secure full control over the Banco Mercantil. 'The nominees then pledged the shares to BCCI, signed blank transfer powers to BCCI, and gave it the right to vote shares.' <br><br>This occurred during Colombia's financial crisis, when many of the Mercantil's manufacturing clients were suffering badly from cheap imports- resulting from policy originally inspired by the influx of cocaine dollars- and the bank was suffering accordingly. At least one member of the Banco Mercantil's board had very close links to the Rodriguez Orejuelas of the Cali cartel. Also on the board at the start of its takeover by the BCCI- which already had an office in Bogota, run by a Pakistani later jailed for money laundering after a mass sting operation in Florida- was the future Conservative presidential candidate, Andres Pastrana. Pastrana was fined- although this fine was later quashed under a statute of limitations rule- in connection with a loan of about $2 million paid by the Mercantil to a financial group of which he was the board member. The BCCI took over the Mercantil shortly afterwards and the loan went unpaid after Pastrana's financial group, Promoviendo, went into liquidation. The so-called loan had all the appearance of a BCCI political sweetener to the Conservative government. (Juvenal Betancur, brother of the then president, Belisario Betancur, was implicated in money laundering operations uncovered by the United States in 1982.) <br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
robertdreed

Timothy Ross- from previous message

Postby robertdreed » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:06 am

Timothy Ross, the BBC journalist who was mentioned as following the story on heroin in Colombia, now works with abused children in that country <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://wakingbear.com/colombia1.htm">wakingbear.com/colombia1.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/20031001-0358-colombia-childprostitution.html">www.signonsandiego.com/ne...ution.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 10/24/05 1:10 am<br></i>
robertdreed

The DeadNetCentral archive

Postby robertdreed » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:32 am

I'm gratified to report that the DNC archive (not to be confused with the Democratic National Committee!) remains up in read-only form on the new website. <br><br>Whether you love the music or loathe it- I'm crazy about it, personally- there are quite a few discussions devoted more or less exclusively to politics, including a lot of "parapolitical" material, and the search function for the board works well, if not flawlessly. <p></p><i></i>
robertdreed

Return to Data & Research Compilations