latest orion pic - truly amazing - and a puzzling object

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

latest orion pic - truly amazing - and a puzzling object

Postby yesferatu » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:42 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/newsdesk/archive/releases/2006/01/image/a+zoom">hubblesite.org/newscenter...age/a+zoom</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Zoom in with their awesome zoom tool. from the brightest four stars near center go from "center clock" outwards to to 4:00 position till you see it. You'll know it when you see it. <br><br>It is out of place ....and peculiar. <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Re: latest orion pic - truly amazing - and a puzzling object

Postby Parsival » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:35 pm

Do you mean a sort of "bullet" shaped object with a white spec on the right side, angled vertically turned inward?<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Parsival

Blog: View Blog (0)

I believe that is the object

Postby yesferatu » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:40 am

If it looks like it should not just be sitting there, then you are talking about the same thing. It has a glint of (reflected) light towards the top on on one side.<br>I have no illusions this is artificial mind you......the "thing" would be - what? - millions of miles long...am I stretching? I don't know. It would be huge. Thus...and maybe I have no understanding of what is out there, but I would say it's size exludes "artificial". That said, it could be ANYTHING. <br>It is a mystery, but I would not mind hearing a professional opinion on what it may be. <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

I "See" Too Danged Many Things in That, Including

Postby Floyd Smoots » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:28 pm

A Face!!! yesferatu, my title says it for me. Just WHAT do you think you see there??? I'm not only willing to look again, I have looked at it about 4 or 5 times. I "see" too many wierd crazy things there if I look long enough. Please tell me what it looks to you, so I can get on your "wavelength" and "see" what you see. Thanks for sharing this link with us. It is AWESOME!!! <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=floydsmoots>Floyd Smoots</A> at: 2/3/06 7:32 pm<br></i>
Floyd Smoots

Parsifal, yes I am sure you are talking about the same thing

Postby yesferatu » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:17 am

because it is "bullet" shaped and the glint of light is on the right side and it is angled as you described. F. Smoots, I am too astounded by the entire picture to start seeing things in it, though it would be very easy to let my imagination run around. Nothing wrong with getting absorbed in such beauty. It's just that the "bullet thing" is just sitting there in stark clarity that has to raise the question of what it is. It certainly is not part of the gaseous clouds and the swirl and miasma of the Orion. It is an object. Material is my guess. But what do I know. A big chunk of an exploded planet, this, that, or anything. The glint of light is quite peculiar though. The area of reflection is huge. If it is not a reflection it is even more peculiar. <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Re: Parsifal, yes I am sure you are talking about the same t

Postby imgstacke » Thu May 04, 2006 10:22 pm

that is the shockwave from the dust hitting the star's heliosphere. <br><br>And it is huge, the Voyager probes have been heading out of our solar system for decades and are almost to our own heliopause, a region where the heliosphere ends and deep space begins. <p></p><i></i>
imgstacke

Return to Data & Research Compilations