What are you listening to right now?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Postby streeb » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:00 pm

streeb

Blog: View Blog (0)

Come Back Mac

Postby streeb » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:52 pm

("...and hats off to Hatton.")
streeb

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:47 am

What am I listening to?
Myself. Over and over again. Trying to finish this album.

Shameless self promotion.

That's a lie. -- I feel a bit of shame. But self-promotion nonetheless.

Natural Oil

The name derives from Ghost in the Shell. Natural Oil is what prompted the sentient tank Tachikomas to develop Ghosts of their own.

Current form - Me, plus N8, plus Susie, plus Alex

None of you are probably close enough to see us live in IC on 3/23. But these recorded tracks are the demo versions of the stuff we are working on for the first full-length recording we will release. We have only a few finishing touches to make on the new versions - a few vocals, a little cleanup, maybe some other add-ons. New versions of the five songs here, plus 7 previously unrecorded songs. Random Rock & Rollers from Iowa may not excite by explanation, but this Middle Western state has more going on than one might imagine. And hey, Slipknot came from Iowa. We're not them, but we do kick some ass.

https://naturaloil.bandcamp.com/

Click on the hippiest psychedelic colors link for our 5 newest test tracks with Susie. Click on the other ones to hear the stuff that we did a couple years before now. And wait a few months to hear new stuff not currently available in any way, shape or form but coming soon to a theater near us.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby chump » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:00 pm

chump

Postby dada » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Sounds good, mentalgongfu2. You guys have a pretty cool thing going on there.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby dada » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:49 pm

an easy listening set. soft tones, slow tempos. Pleasant, unobtrusive.

A bit more upbeat. You know it's a real easy listening set when SimCity is the most exciting soundtrack of the bunch.

Don't be fooled by the title, this is also pretty mellow.

I think I heard this next one once while riding in an elevator on cybertron

Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby dada » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:29 pm

dada

Postby Grizzly » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:48 pm

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby dada » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:49 am

Drove to the city earlier to help a friend, by taking a bass amp off his hands. Not that I need it. But he wanted it to go to a good home. I could use it for synthesizers and other assorted electronic noisemaking gadgets, I guess.

I gave away a marshall cabinet and 150w musicman head to a friend a few years ago. I did it just to shock him. Are these two incidents connected? Fuck if I know. Maybe, maybe. Although, isn't everything? So, whatever.

Now I'll start seeing ads for music equipment. Recently the only ads I get are my little pony. I got a gift for a niece, she likes them ponies. Now I'm flooded with pony ads. I guess the algorithms know, buying some pony crap for a little girl is a serious consumer pressure point.

And yet I'm still not feeling compelled to buy any more ponies. Strange, right? How is it I'm immune to the social profiling mind control? You can book me for a lecture or seminar in your town, to learn how not to be such a sucker, too. Or buy the dvds, only 29.95 each. Collect the whole set, get an "I'm not a sucker on the internet anymore!" iron-on patch.

The city is ny. I live about an hour away, now, if there's no traffic. So,about two hours away. Drove through Sopranos country on the way in. Like the intro to the show, but backwards. No, I didn't literally drive backwards, that would be dangerous.

On the way back i took the west side highway from the bottom-bottom of manhattan, up to the gwb. Much nicer ride. So funny to see that big tower looming where the two used to be. They always seemed so permanent.

For a few years there, I thought I'd leave this area. But who was I kidding. I'm never getting out of here.

And all that has nothing to do with the soundtrack in this post.

(In case you don't know but were wondering, the "[BGM]" in the titles of the videos I post stands for background music. The next set of brackets is the system the music was composed on. Each system uses a different synthesizer chip. Each chip has different tones, different limitations, different parameters to manipulate. MD is mega drive, which you may or may not know as the sega genesis. PCE is the pc engine, or turbografix. FC is the famicom, or Nintendo. SFC, super famicom. The one in this post is on the Sharp X68000. PC-8801 and 9801 are NEC computers)
dada

Postby chump » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:34 pm

chump

Postby Mask » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:31 pm

Mask

Postby dada » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:26 am

Jack Crosley's Lost World, broadcast from Otto's Shrunken Head, NYC. I played a few shows at Otto's, once upon a time. Even had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Crosley, himself.

And now, the world's greatest entertainer, Jack Crosley.

dada

Postby dada » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:39 am

A stately and symphonic Space War Simulation.

dada

Postby dada » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:41 pm

Happy Easter.

This is actually a very pretty soundtrack. Soft synth pads, lots of reverb and delay smooths it all out, gives a feeling of distance, big spaces. Light, electro-jazzy feel.
dada

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie