Interesting discussions

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Interesting discussions

Postby Harvey » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:51 pm

Sorry if I offended you Iam. I hope you're okay. Rupert Sheldrake and Graham Hancock on consciousness.

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Grizzly » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:42 pm

Watch "George Soros on China, Xi Jinping, and the Threat from Within: Delivered at the Hoover Institution" on YouTube

"What's The Frequency, Kenneth?" ...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Harvey » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:17 pm

I love the way Bob Ballard thinks. The story below could well be the genesis of both The Abyss and Titanic.

How Did the 'Unsinkable' Titanic End Up at the Bottom of the Ocean?

Editor's Note: Twenty years ago, James Cameron's blockbuster film "Titanic" entranced audiences around the globe. But it was less than 10 years ago that Robert Ballard, the oceanographer who discovered the Titanic in 1985, revealed to the world that he found the famous shipwreck as the result of a top-secret military expedition. Here's how National Geographic broke the news on June 2, 2008.

The 1985 discovery of the Titanic stemmed from a secret United States Navy investigation of two wrecked nuclear submarines, according to the oceanographer who found the infamous ocean liner.

Pieces of this Cold War tale have been known since the mid-1990s, but more complete details are now coming to light, said Titanic's discoverer, Robert Ballard.

"The Navy is finally discussing it," said Ballard, an oceanographer at the University of Rhode Island in Narragansett and the Mystic Aquarium and Institute for Exploration in Connecticut.

Ballard met with the Navy in 1982 to request funding to develop the robotic submersible technology he needed to find the Titanic.

Ballard is also a National Geographic Society explorer-in-residence. (National Geographic News is owned by the National Geographic Society.)
Surprise Find

Ronald Thunman, then the deputy chief of naval operations for submarine warfare, told Ballard the military was interested in the technology—but for the purpose of investigating the wreckage of the U.S.S.Thresher and U.S.S. Scorpion.

Since Ballard's technology would be able to reach the sunken subs and take pictures, the oceanographer agreed to help out.

He then asked the Navy if he could search for the Titanic, which was located between the two wrecks.

"I was a little short with him," said Thunman, who retired as a vice admiral and now lives in Springfield, Illinois. He emphasized that the mission was to study the sunken warships.

Once Ballard had completed his mission—if time was left—Thunman said, Ballard could do what he wanted, but never gave him explicit permission to search for the Titanic.

Ballard said Navy Secretary John Lehman knew of the plan.

"But the Navy never expected me to find the Titanic, and so when that happened, they got really nervous because of the publicity," Ballard said.

"But people were so focused on the legend of the Titanic they never connected the dots."
Sunken Subs

The Thresher and Scorpion had sunk in the North Atlantic Ocean at depths of between 10,000 and 15,000 feet (3,000 and 4,600 meters).

The military wanted to know the fate of the nuclear reactors that powered the ships, Ballard said.

This knowledge was to help determine the environmental safety of disposing of additional nuclear materials in the oceans.

The Navy also wanted to find out if there was any evidence to support the theory that the Scorpion had been shot down by the Soviets.

Ballard's data showed that the nuclear reactors were safe on the ocean bottom and were having no impact on the environment, according to Thunman.

The Discovery in 1985

Ballard recounts his original voyage in search of the Titanic and its discovery in 1985.

The data also confirmed that Thresher likely had sunk after a piping failure led to a nuclear power collapse, he added. Details surrounding the Scorpion are less certain.

A catastrophic mishap of some sort led to a flooding of the forward end of the submarine, Thunman said. The rear end remained sealed and imploded once the sub sank beneath a certain depth.

"We saw no indication of some sort of external weapon that caused the ship to go down," Thunman said—dismissing the theory that the Russians torpedoed the submarine in retaliation for spying.
Debris Trails

While searching for the sunken submarines, Ballard learned an invaluable lesson on the effects of ocean currents on sinking debris: The heaviest stuff sinks quickly.

The result is a debris trail laid out according to the physics of the currents.

With just 12 days left over in his mission, Ballard began searching for the Titanic, using this information to track down the ocean liner. He speculated that the ship had broken in half and left a debris trail as it sank.

"That's what saved our butts," Ballard said. "It turned out to be true."

The explorer has since used a similar technique to find other sunken ships and treasures, including his expeditions to the Black Sea.

Are these expeditions also part of top-secret missions? After all, the Black Sea is in the volatile Middle East.

"The Cold War is over," Ballard said. "I'm no longer in the Navy."
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Grizzly » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:40 pm

If you can deal with the boringly drab voice, this is thought provoking...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Harvey » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:49 am

An excellent summary of his masterwork, Supernatural by Graham Hancock. Presented to X-Conference this talk details the commonality of human mystical experience over tens of thousands of years.

This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Atlantis

Postby Harvey » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:20 pm

Via: https://grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.p ... sg-1267419

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Octagon Earthworks - The Giza Connection

This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Harvey » Thu May 19, 2022 10:50 am

A very interesting and valuable discussion between author Jonathan Lethem and author guruilla AKA Jasun Horsley: https://auticulture.com/liminalist-28-a ... an-lethem/

Direct link to the media here: https://media.blubrry.com/liminalist/s/ ... ethem1.mp3

[Jack, how does one go about using the mp3 button to insert a playable mp3 into the page? Even after all my usual experimentation with it, I can't seem to make it work...]
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Harvey » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:01 pm

Curious what others think about this. From Aboriginal Australia to China and all across the America's, the serpent was revered. If you haven't already encountered it, Jeremy Narby's book makes some interesting arguments which resonate strongly with my own experiences and thoughts. The notion that 'the serpent' in mythology may be DNA itself, immortal and sentient, and that some cultures learned how to converse with it directly, perhaps through altered states of consciousness.

Around 11,500 years old, could Karahan Tepe in Turkey represent evidence of an ancient technology for doing exactly that. Perhaps genetic engineering is a clumsy and brutish degeneration compared with ancient knowledge? What if, to achieve vastly more considered and subtle genetic change all we ever had to do was speak to our DNA and simply ask?

Pillar with relief carving of a serpent.

Carved human head with serpent.

Chamber with phallic pillars and a carved human face emerging from the bedrock, peering in. It's long serpentine neck has scales. At fifty one minutes after sunrise on the winter solstice this face alone is illuminated by light admitted through a narrow aperture in the wall. 11,500 years ago there were other celestial alignments too, relating to the great serpent herself, the Milky Way.

Context

From above, it kind of looks like a sperm meeting an egg doesn't it?

Anyway, as is well documented elsewhere on RI, double helixes and twin serpents are found everywhere in mythology and in decorative art from the most ancient to the relatively modern, long before the recent discovery of DNA. Here's a double helix running across this 17th century house in my home town. It was supposedly commissioned for George Lloyd, great grandfather of the founder of Yale.

This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Harvey » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:47 pm

Brilliantly presented, tightly argued and seriously mindblowing. With regard to Egyptian stone vases, when visiting museums I've often wondered how such things could exist at all, considering the apparent incredible difficulty of production posed by their physical and material qualities. Great stuff.

And Ancient Apocalypse by Graham Hancock (currently ruffling a lot of feathers) can be found here: https://www.bitchute.com/search/?query= ... kind=video
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Harvey » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:36 pm

The theme is mind control - from ancient Egypt to MKUltra, taking in JFK, Oswald and Ferry, UFO technology, the Pyramids and the Montauk Project (as opposing field amplifiers), weaponised cancer (and a cure), eidetic memory, visiting the Abe Lincoln assassination as a trans-dimensional traveller and much more, really.

First, the late Carmen Boulter's very enjoyable series The Pyramid Code, a portmanteau of diverse alternative ideas and insights into Egypt from some of the best and most interesting minds available on the subject which coalesce into something very potent indeed.

The idea of the Great Pyramid (when still fully functional) acting as an amplifier of the Earths natural fields (as well as other things) is quite captivating...

All episodes 1 to 5:

A literal inversion, this enquiry into the Montauk Project investigates some terrifying possibilities. Full film with an introduction by the director.

In anticipation of the release of her new book on the subject to be published this year, Judyth Vary Baker outlines her life story and attempts to rescue the memory of the other Oswald, the man behind the frame up. If she's telling the truth, he may have been a remarkable and decent man.

https://rumble.com/v23s8ps-tpc-1039-jud ... riend.html

And then there's this:

Andrew Basiago, J.D., is a licensed attorney with Washington State who claims to have participated in classified programs involving time travel and space time portals since 1967...

Cowboys across the multiverse... It's certainly one hell of a story, echoed interestingly by Paul McAuley here.

https://rumble.com/v1b6sxv-project-pega ... siago.html
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby DrEvil » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:41 pm

Speaking of snakes:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-bots ... 1020061130

Botswana "snake rock" may show Stone Age religion
By Alister Doyle January 20, 2007

OSLO (Reuters) - Carvings about 70,000 years old on a snake-like rock in a cave in Botswana indicate that Stone Age people developed religious rituals far earlier than previously believed, a researcher said on Thursday.

Ancestors of Botswana’s San people apparently ground away at a natural outcrop about 2 meters high and 6 meters long (6 by 20 ft) to heighten its similarity to a python’s head and body, said Sheila Coulson, an associate professor at Oslo University.

“We believe this is the earliest archaeological proof of religion,” Coulson, a Canadian expert in Stone Age tools, told Reuters of findings made during a trip in mid-2006 to the Tsolido Hills in northwestern Botswana.

The previous oldest archaeological evidence of religious worship is about 40,000 years old from European caves. The Botswana find bolsters evidence that modern humans originated in Africa, along with religion and culture.

Coulson said the python-like rock had 300-400 carved indentations. In flickering firelight, the patterns might have seemed like scales and given the impression of movement to the rock as part of some sacred rite.

Scores of carved stone items, including 115 points and 22 burned red spearheads, were abandoned on the floor of the cave beneath the snake-like rock. Many had been brought more than 200 km (125 miles) across the Kalahari Desert.

The snake symbol runs through all the mythologies, stories, cultures, languages of southern Africa,” Coulson said. The cave, with a floor of 26 square meters (280 sq ft), was not known to archaeologists until the 1990s.

SLITHERING PYTHON

In San mythology, humankind descended from a python, and ancient streambeds nearby were believed to have been created by a shake slithering around the hills in search of water.

The archaeologists, with Coulson leading a team funded by a Norwegian research program and Tromsoe University and Nick Walker heading a team from the University of Botswana, found stone tools when they dug a pit two meters deep below the snake.

They estimated that the artifacts were 70,000 years old, based on comparisons with carved stones found in other well-dated sites in Botswana.

“In the upper levels there is a distinct change to objects from the Late Stone Age” which began 40,000 years ago, Coulson said. The scientists were working to get more precise dates.

The scientists believe the cave was a purely sacred site because there were no signs of wider habitation -- animal bones, tools or cooking fires -- such as those found in South Africa’s Blombos Cave of similar age.

At the back of the Botswanan cave was a well-worn chamber, large enough for a shaman to hide and to speak, perhaps in imitation of a snake.

Coulson said she and Walker had decided the findings were startling enough to publicize them before writing up a report for a scientific journal.

As an aside, the San People are fascinating. One of the oldest cultures on Earth, with a culture completely different to what we're used to in the west, especially their gift economy and emphasis on leisure. We should take some pointers from them.

One thing about talking to our DNA that bothers me: if the DNA talks to us, wouldn't it also have to change in some way while doing so to produce "speech"? In other words: wouldn't we mutate rapidly every time we talked to it? Or is that the whole point of the exercise, to ascend through sacred conversation?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Harvey » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:08 am

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=29802&start=915#p691591

^ Very highly recommended. You can still find it here.

There's a moment in it which points to an understanding of everything we have lost. Interestingly, the San provided the Rosetta Stone for understanding cave and rock art. They were still making rock paintings at the end of the ninteenth century* in an unbroken line stretching for tens of thousands of years. At that time (1870's) linguist Wilhelm Bleek thought to ask them what their images meant, and they told him. It was a century later when David Lewis Williams re-discovered those notes that it became possible for a modern mind to approach rock and cave art from the right track...

* At a time it was still legal for Europeans to hunt and kill them for sport.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Harvey » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:49 am

DrEvil » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:41 pm wrote:One thing about talking to our DNA that bothers me: if the DNA talks to us, wouldn't it also have to change in some way while doing so to produce "speech"? In other words: wouldn't we mutate rapidly every time we talked to it? Or is that the whole point of the exercise, to ascend through sacred conversation?

A strange conception, but the truth is likely far more unusual. Perhaps 'sacred conversation' is any communication which is undertaken with intention aside from or outside of ego considerations. And may be like arriving unbeknownst in a place which can only be found by those who already know where it is; the paradox can be solved easily through a reconsideration of knowledge. Isn't a working definition of the unconscious 'that which we don't know that we know'?

If it could, wouldn't Life learn not only through countless iterations of individual experience, but through the aggregate of that experience? It would be key to facing problems far outside the scope of individual experience, which life does routinely. If it could do so, would it not make sense for life to pool knowledge across time and space and species, in an organic way, with barriers and gateways and necessary seperations and distributions and yet potentially accessible to all?

Where might one look for such a thing? Sheldrakes theory of Morphic Fields seems to allign well with observations of phenomena and with the nature of nature itself, composed as it is of fields and fieldlike phenomena, wherever we choose look and at whatever scale.

Perhaps the hard part is escaping from ego, becoming small enough to dissolve through the barrier between consciousness and unconsciousness. And you might also ask yourself, in what sense are you not speaking to DNA right here, right now?

Then there's the insights provoked by Eugene Stanley's examination of non coding DNA.

Linguistic Features of Non Coding DNA: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _Sequences

We extend the Zipf approach to analyzing linguistic texts to the statistical study of DNA base pair sequences and find that the noncoding regions are more similar to natural languages than the coding regions. We also adapt the Shannon approach to quantifying the "redundancy" of a linguistic text in terms of a measurable entropy function, and demonstrate that noncoding regions in eukaryotes display a smaller entropy and larger redundancy than coding regions, supporting the possibility that noncoding regions of DNA may carry biological information.

And perhaps by learning to speak to cephalopods we might arrive at a better understanding of how to answer your questions and perhaps, to ask even better ones.

https://www.sciencealert.com/octopus-and-squid-evolution-is-weirder-than-we-could-have-ever-imagined

Octopus And Squid Evolution Is Officially Stranger Than We Could Have Ever Imagined

Just when we thought octopuses couldn't be any weirder, it turns out that they and their cephalopod brethren evolve differently from nearly every other organism on the planet. In a surprising twist, in April 2017 scientists discovered that octopuses, along with some squid and cuttlefish species, routinely edit their RNA (ribonucleic acid) sequences to adapt to their environment....

As an aside of my own, I once had a long and involved conversation with the ghost of a scientist of some kind, or at least a scientific rationalist. With considerable knowledge, great good humour and sparkling conversation he was very earnestly trying to convince me of the non-existence, in fact, the very impossibility of ghosts or of the spirits of the dead. I laughed for days.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby DrEvil » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:32 pm

What if the dead scientist was right? I've always thought (and had experience with, both personal and trustworthy anecdotes) that time isn't quite as linear as it appears to us, so what if ghosts are not dead people from the past, but the actual past momentarily overlapping with our time? In that case the scientist would be alive and well while having your conversation, just existing in a different time.

And yeah, I don't see why we shouldn't store knowledge across generations. It makes sense, and we already know some species do it. As for conversing with your inner self, I'm leaning more towards the agency within being a sort of bacterial hivemind, something a bit more dynamic and fast moving than DNA, and DNA serving more as the storage platform, or long-term memory, for that hivemind.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Harvey » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:17 pm

DrEvil » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:32 pm wrote:...so what if ghosts are not dead people from the past, but the actual past momentarily overlapping with our time?

Or what if from elsewhere in the here and now (bilocation) or from another present or from an alternative past (see Basiago's claims of a multiverse above). Yes, one can speculate. I'm mostly trying to understand my own experiences, I think. That is what used to drive me and sometimes still does.

I'm leaning more towards the agency within being a sort of bacterial hivemind, something a bit more dynamic and fast moving than DNA, and DNA serving more as the storage platform, or long-term memory, for that hivemind.

Which doesn't preclude that our sense of a unitary consciousness might not be also described as a patchwork of many different consciousnesses, like ripples overlapping and in contact but also at the same time discrete and separate, not so much a hive, as an entire ecology of mind.

This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News