Meme Gallery - favourite memes you made yourself

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Meme Gallery - favourite memes you made yourself

Postby Elvis » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:08 pm

Nice :basicsmile
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Harvey » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:17 am

Reminds of one my favourite memes created during the worst of Russiagate...

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Harvey » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:59 pm

This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Harvey » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:10 am

This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Grizzly » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:11 am

Mother Wef'ers...

Edit: I mistook this thread for the 'image only thread' as they were both rising to the top. This isn't a meme either, it's the WEF's new logo.

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Harvey » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:58 am

Don't worry about it, mate. Yes I saw that Swastika, it indicates a level of confidence that should alarm eveyone who actually realises what is happening. We will be fighting for our lives soon enough, but many of the people we know and love still can't see it.

Anyway, in a spirit of rescuing the swastika from these fuck heads (which will be their argument btw if they get called out for using it once again) just look at how universal it once was. It exists in every time, on every continent, amongst every people.

This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Gnomad » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:28 am

Harvey » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:36 am wrote:The best one is this one from the summer of 2019, perfectly captures the events about to unfold. No idea why I did it. I took the photo, February/March and added the virus in the fog some time in June/July 2019:

Harvey, you should check out this book if you havent read it -
https://archive.org/details/DunneAnExperimentWithTime

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Experiment_with_Time
"An Experiment with Time is a book by the British soldier, aeronautical engineer and philosopher J. W. Dunne about his precognitive dreams and a theory of time which he later called "Serialism". First published in March 1927, the book was widely read. Although never accepted by mainstream science, it has influenced imaginative literature ever since. Dunne published four sequels: The Serial Universe, The New Immortality, Nothing Dies and Intrusions? "

I bought it after having a couple dreams that turned out to actually happen later. Mine have always been strictly personal, and happened the next day after dreaming, though.
la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Postby Harvey » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:53 am

Hi Gnomad, yes his name has come to my attention before and I hadn't managed to follow up for whatever reason. I've just now gotten hold of two of the books, Experiment and Serial Universe, many thanks.

I can't see the future although I still get very strong feelings which, from long experience, I tend not to ignore.

But there was a period of some months in 2012 when I'd regularly experienced weeks of wakefulness followed by continued sleep deprivation for many months afterward - combined with intense emotional stress. However it happened I began to be able to remember every moment of every day for many months. In effect my present moment had extended out by months into my past and I was able to relate everything I'd felt, seen, read or heard during that period to everything else. In this state of consciousness it felt like entire seasons had passed although barely a day or two would have elapsed. Amongst the many strange effects of all this was that for a time I began to remember the future(s) as easily as the past. Both awake and dreaming I would sometimes see events happening in my mind as if reviewing a memory or experiencing a fantasy, then days, weeks or months later the events would occur in some fashion. Remote events happening simultaneously and events not yet having happened both seemed to cause decipherable ripples in my mind. Not many came to pass exactly as experienced, no matter how vivid, but enough did or were very close to what would eventually happen that I came to view my life as enmeshed within many other simultaneous potential lives, each real as my own, all in a vast dance of probabilities. Perhaps I was blundering through the multiverse. I did sometimes experience such ridiculous discontinuities that all I could do was marvel. For example, I would often encounter extended passages and entire chapters in familiar books (or even entire books) that I could never find again. A concrete example: I got off the train in Warrington one evening and found much of the station cordoned off, smell of mortar dust, piles of rubble, parts of the station dismantled, walls removed, ducts and pipes visible everywhere, materials, machinery, it was in the middle of a major renovation. Two hours later when I came back for the train home, the station building hadn't changed structurally but it was silent, clean and empty and some of the interior walls were different with different paint and tiling, and it smelled completely different. :shrug:

Sure to say, for a time my life became almost unbearable to me.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Gnomad » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:04 am

Sounds pretty terrifying...
Sleep deprivation can really unhinge a person unlike anything else, would not want to experience what you did.

I actually wrote a longer reply by PM to you earlier, but deleted it in the morning as I was not happy with it being a little all over the place and not very on-point.

I had an experience more than two decades ago with two close friends, and one of us is now working on writing it all down and publishing it on his webpage. It is mostly done now, but is all in finnish, and it still needs some work and then translation into english.
It was a window into nature of reality and time, and it pretty much changed each of us permanently. I would like to let you read it, but will have to wait until my friend finishes it, dont know how long it will take yet. Been years on the to-do, but this fall we finally got the raw writing done...

I PMd you now with a couple links.

All the best to you.
la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Postby Harvey » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:17 pm

Cheers Gnomad, very much looking forward to reading it. From time to time I read your description of being rescued by your rabbit friend, it always makes me smile. :hug1:
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Elvis » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:28 pm

Bart govt money.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Harvey » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:22 pm

This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez