10 Random Facts

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby sunny » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:32 pm

Sweejak, you look just like my old friend Alan!

You guys are all so cool. I really am the resident grandma. :shock:
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby chillin » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:54 pm

theeKultleeder wrote: :!: How old are you? I did that a couple of times. Then we found weed.

41, ya that sums-up most of it though =)
chillin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby theeKultleeder » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:09 am

chillin wrote:
theeKultleeder wrote: :!: How old are you? I did that a couple of times. Then we found weed.

41, ya that sums-up most of it though =)

eeek! 11 years older than me!
theeKultleeder

Postby theeKultleeder » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:12 am

et in Arcadia ego wrote:3 - I tattooed Marlyn Manson.

Which tat?

Hell, I mighta seen you in the streets some years ago, in those parts...
theeKultleeder

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:24 pm

theeKultleeder wrote:
et in Arcadia ego wrote:3 - I tattooed Marlyn Manson.

Which tat?

Hell, I mighta seen you in the streets some years ago, in those parts...

His first ones:

"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby theeKultleeder » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:01 pm

If I ever get one, I'm coming to you.

(Thinking to self, "Sweet, I'm in the company of legends.")
theeKultleeder

Postby thurnundtaxis » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:54 pm

1.) Lost my library of 5000+ books on the occult, science fiction first editions, 60's counter-culture classics, comic strip/book compendiums, and the like when my house was fire bombed. They hit my neighbor's house the first night by accident while I was at dinner, the next night they got it right. I came back from my black beans and rice to watch my life's collection go up in flames.
My assumption was that some gutter punks did it as a favor to my then business partner's shifty rainbow/punk grifter ex-boyfriend, who then after the trauma got back together her. He told her that I had cast a "black magic death spell" on him and he summoned a "fire elemental" to protect himself.
She believed him. I simply left the business and never spoke to her again.
Later this guy fell asleep in a loft in the back of my former vintage store, knocked over a candle and burnt the place to the ground. - Guess he forgot to banish that fire elemental...

2.) I now have a collection of over 12,000 vinyl lps gathered from thrift stores, flea markets, estate sales and the like. Material possesions come and go.

3.) I pierced G.G. Allin's nipple.

4.) I turned a lot of young people on to the joys of easy listening and retro
sonics as one of the first lounge music revival djs in the country. Nice trend while it lasted. Much more fun than the short lived "swing" obsession
which paid my bills in the later 90's.

5.) Had an out - of - the -body experience after drinking half a bottle of Robitussin. I told this astonishingly beautiful girl at the party that I "was not myself". Puckishly she asked "Well, then 'WHO' are You?". This confounded me so intensely that the next thing I knew I was looking at the
party from 'above'. Someone said, "Hey, go talk to [me]". These other
women then talked me back into reality by giving me comforting reassurances.

6.) I started a few "pirate" radio stations. And later helped form a niche
market in the fine art world called "transmission art". I have recently had my artist status in my former organization stripped from me for political reasons. Radio creates demagoguery, not art.

7.) I sailed to Mexico in a replica Viking Ship.

8.) I too have been a shock troop for gentrification several times. And want to stop.

9.) I had to go to a country where I didn't speak the language in order to have the focus required to finish Gravity's Rainbow.

10.) I love all of you on this board!
thurnundtaxis

Postby Jeff » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:25 am

thurnundtaxis wrote:1.) Lost my library of 5000+ books

damn

3.) I pierced G.G. Allin's nipple.

damn!
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby slimmouse » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:52 pm

thurnundtaxis wrote:
10.) I love all of you on this board!

Damn. Wish I'd included that one in my facts !
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:20 pm

theeKultleeder wrote:If I ever get one, I'm coming to you.

(Thinking to self, "Sweet, I'm in the company of legends.")

Worthless background:

http://www.marilynmansonimages.com/tat-cyaegha.html
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby brainpanhandler » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:50 am

10 not so really random facts about me

1) I can apparently see further into the ultra violet than is normal.

2) I was once just seconds away from filling my lungs with river water because I was too embarassed to yell for help. My head was under water for the second time when a man and his wife paddled out to me and he grabbed my hand which was still thrust out of the water. I was 11. I don't think I even thanked him. Note to self: Thank the next person that saves your life. Second note to self: Don't try to swim against the current of a river with all your clothes and shoes on.

3) Long story short- 2 or so years ago I was faced with a profound ethical dilemna and to my surprise (and not) I had the courage of my convictions. At 4 am my female neighbor ran out of her apt screaming for help at the top of her lungs. I tried to bluff her attacker by screaming from the window that the cops were on the way. He just continued to drag her back across the street to her apt. I frantically looked for my cell phone, but could not find it. I was faced with a choice. I grabbed a weighted practice club I use for golf which is in essence a 10 lb mace and marched out to save this woman. One of the most terrifying and bizarre scenes of my life ensued. This all ended with the girl ok and the perpetrator shot several times and eventually committed to a mental hospital. Long, long story.

4) I carry a 2 handicap. Golf In The Kingdom is my favorite golf book.

5) I'm pretty sure my earliest memory is of falling asleep in our dog's house in the backyard. I awoke to my mother calling my name, over and over. She had punished me for something and I had got it into my head to get away from her by crawling into the dog house. I was skulking and I was mad at her so I didn't come out right away. I remember feeling like I was getting back at her as I heard her voice get more and more frantic as she could not find me. Probably one of the cruelest things I have ever done and I was only 4.

6) I was in the finals of a spelling bee once. This was in the sixth grade, I think. There were 4 or 5 of us left. We were sitting in a row up on stage in front of the entire school. I was given the word alphalpha. I promptly got up with the utmost confidence, 100% certain I new the spelling, "Alphalpha, a l p h a l p h a, alphalpha". The look on my face when I was informed that I was incorrect elicited laughter from the audience. I'm sure I looked utterly shocked.

7) In my early twenties I checked myself in and out of a detox a couple of times. It was vey relaxing. The food was ok. They gave you valium to steady your nerves. You could smoke inside. We sat around and watched tv and played cribbage all day.

8) Snakes scare the bajeezus out of me. As a boy I once shot an albino water snake in the back of the head with a pellet gun that had a scope. It was a fantastic shot. The snake was sunning itself on some rocks some twenty feet below me. The image of that snake writhing and wildly thrashing and flashing in the sunlight haunts me to this day. (Upon review I see that 8 followed by right paranthesis is the "cool" smiley face. I suppose it is cool that 8 is like an infinity orobourus.)

9) I think the Horatio in me has a long way to go before I have even an inkling of the depth and breadth of heaven and earth.

10) I'm a college drop out.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Searcher08 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:52 pm

10 strange but true facts about me

1 I fell in a cactus patch when I was three.
My mom called the docs and they said to cover me in washing up liquid. Ten bottles and several hundred spines and I howled the whole time :)

2 I once drank a bottle of huge cheap Russian champanskii before getting on an airplane from Moscow filled with conscripts going to fight the Afghans. I was so drunk I passed out and woke up in Tashkent with no hangover. Everyone else on the plane had been violently sick flying over the Urals.

3 I have stood at both ends of The Great Wall. Where the great wall ends, near the Jade Gate, there is lots of graffiti which tells of the despair at being posted there. The surrounding area looks like Mars.

4 When I was a kid I continually dreamed of visiting a place called Sidi Ifni, which I only knew about through pictures of it's exotic stamps.
When I got there, I kept crying I was so happy

5 When I was a Yuppie, I held "Who were you?" past life regression parties.

6 I once met an enlightened master during the process of a job interview.

7 I had an ambition to work with the board of a multinational. When I eventually did, it felt more like looking after squabbling five years olds than anything else

8 I once met a real Wizard. He gave me a test. I passed it.

9 I am obsessed with an island called Kerguelen, in the Indian Ocean. Much to my surprise, I found that many other people have been as well, including Jules Verne

10 I once had an encounter with a Bigfoot in the mountains of Northern California
Searcher08

just wondering...

Postby annie aronburg » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:18 pm

Searcher08 wrote:10 I once had an encounter with a Bigfoot in the mountains of Northern California

Could you smell it?

annie
"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg

Re: just wondering...

Postby Searcher08 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:41 pm

annie aronburg wrote:
Searcher08 wrote:10 I once had an encounter with a Bigfoot in the mountains of Northern California

Could you smell it?

annie

How amazing - I was going to add that, then decided not to. :shock:

It stank.
Searcher08

Of course it stank

Postby annie aronburg » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:03 pm

I want to know what it smelled like. A sewer? A skunk? Rotting meat? The stinkiest hippie ever? Bear plop, cow manure, cat turds?

Please describe the odour (the whole encounter if you're up to it, actually.)

I've read that Sasquaatch is smelly, I want to know what kind of smelly.

I imagine bigfoot musk would be the ultimate luxury ingredient in the fragrance industry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/21/style ... hanel.html

http://www.abc.net.au/eyre/stories/s1554273.htm
"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News