10 Random Facts

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: street lights

Postby annie aronburg » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:06 pm

vigilant wrote:barracuda wrote:

1. I am one of those "Street light interference" people, or SLIders, who put out streetlights as they walk by them. There is absolutely no way it is a coincidence.

Same thing was happening to me when I went through my Kundalini experience I described above. At first I thought it must be a coincidence but it just kept happening over and over and over. I researched this and Kundalini , and found that many other people also reported that sodium vapor lights (street lights) would suddenly go out when they got near them. I have no idea why some people can knock out a sodium vapor light with their presence, but so many people have reported this....that I can only assume it to be true......for whatever reason....

When I was 19 and in falling love with my first husband, we would spend hours walking around our town at night because I had a boyfriend and his brother was in my new crush's band so we had no place we could be together.

It was hard to feel guilt about my teenaged adultery though , since everywhere we walked the streetlights would switch on if they were off, and off if they were on. At first it was spooky, like we were being followed. After a while it just made us laugh, like the universe was winking along with our deception.

It doesn't happen so much anymore.

Now I have a malfunctioning cd player that turns itself on when I ask a question of the universe. Not every time, only when I am not expecting it, but it's always topical with the songs it plays.
"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg

Blog: View Blog (0)

street lights and electricity

Postby vigilant » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:47 pm

I also knew a family that had weird electrical properties. It seemed to be a generational thing.

There was my two friends....Eugene and Wayne......

Their grandfather, literally, could stick his finger in a light socket and according to him he could "barely feel the fire" as he used to verbalize it. It didn't knock him on his ass when he stuck his finger in the light socket.

He could only barely feel a little tingle on his finger. This would have knocked the rest of us on our ass, to say the least.

His grandson Wayne could not wear a watch. Every time Wayne put a watch on his wrist it would completely stop with a few minutes. Wayne could also stick his finger in a light socket and only barely feel a tingle instead of getting knocked on his ass.

To this day Wayne, nor his grandfather, can wear a watch because the watches will stop working within just a few minutes.

Some people have strange weird electrical properties in their body. Had I not witnessed this with my own eyes I am not sure I would have ever believed it. But I did indeed see it with my own eyes.

I wonder what it is with certain people that makes them electrically different than other people?

I mean COME ON NOW!!! Nobody should be able to stick their finger in a light socket and barely feel a tingle in their finger, and at the same time their bodies completely stop a wrist watch when placed on their arm.

What do you think causes this? I don't know....but it intrigues me...
The whole world is a stage...will somebody turn the lights on please?....I have to go bang my head against the wall for a while and assimilate....
vigilant

Postby AlicetheKurious » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:17 pm

vigilant said:

I mean COME ON NOW!!! Nobody should be able to stick their finger in a light socket and barely feel a tingle in their finger, and at the same time their bodies completely stop a wrist watch when placed on their arm.

That's hilarious, just before reading that, while I was reading the stuff about the lights going out, I was thinking about all the watches that stop within days of my putting them on. I used to save them, and had a big plastic bag full.

I once asked my husband about that. He said, "Stop buying those damn cheap watches!"

But I can't help but wonder if that's not it -- what if I buy an expensive watch and IT stops working as well? I'd feel so bad...

(I've given up, and use my cellphone or wall clocks to tell the time.)
"If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X
AlicetheKurious

Postby streeb » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:07 pm

I worked with a record producer who wore thin cotton gloves because he was always shorting out sound boards.
streeb

Postby Hammer of Los » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:17 pm

You lot are wierder than wierd.

I'm the only normal one here, I guess.

vigilant wrote:4. A few years ago I had what most people call a spontaneous Kundalini awakening, or spiritual awakening. Reality became completely unfiltered by all human perspective, definition, and description. I was able to see the world, its people, nature, and the universe in raw form. It lasted for about one year. I was completely insane yet totally sane at the same time. Wild animals like squirrels would walk right up to me, seemingly without any fear. My body radiated heat similar to what Tibetian Monks can do when meditating (melt snow around their body) and the floor would be hot for three feet around my body if I sat in one place very long. The top of my skull would also literally vibrate at times. My body knocked out electronic appliances, caused them to malfunction, blew out light bulbs when I got near them, caused cell phones to come through televisions, etc...I felt like I could see other dimensions of time, space, and nature. My wife fled the house, she was terrified. I was a typical Republican type before it happened, but I was stripped of my ego during this event, or it died....or something. Sometimes I thought I could even hear it whimper as it died. I started with a blank slate (ego wise), more or less, after it happened. When it was finally over I traveled all the way to the other side of the country and hung out with a bunch of Pagans for several months...coolest people I ever met...I then wandered the country for two years, and I then studied every religion on the planet, read Terrence Mckenna, Carlos Castenada, etc...et.al. I don't care for Republicans anymore...I am now comfortable with paradox...I don't need absolutes anymore. I faced my own death.....For a few weeks I thought I was dead, and just didn't know it yet. I went insane, to become sane........

Thanks very much for sharing that vigilant, it sounds similar to experiences related by a number of "guru's" and for sure there is something to it. I simultaneously crave and fear such an experience, but I guess that's a perfectly reasonable combination of feelings.

I'll try and put some of my own facts together here one day, but I am sure you cool cats won't be interested in me when you find out how utterly mundane and boring I am. I'm just a lifelong slacker, a smart fellow with no ambition nor motivation.
Hammer of Los

Kundalini

Postby vigilant » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:01 pm

Yes Hammer of Los the experience I described above is the same experience some gurus describe. Some people meditate and engage in various other activities for much of their life to attain this experience.

But...most of the accounts I have read from people that actually do experience this are very unpleasant and scary stories. It happens to people spontaneously sometimes too.

Even though I came through this experience with a perspective and sense of "knowing" that I would never have gained any other way, I would never recommend that anyone try to purposely invoke it.

Western society does not recognize this phenomena nor do they support it. People that experience what I experienced often end up being labeled as mentally ill and are treated as such. I had the luxury of being able to isolate myself from mainstream society during my experience.

I cannot imagine what might have happened to me if I had been responsible for a family and a job. It would have been a disaster. These experiences usually last for about 6 to 9 months. During this experience it is sort of like you are not living in the 3D environment.

I definately would not recommend it for anyone with the normal responsibilities of typical Western life...
The whole world is a stage...will somebody turn the lights on please?....I have to go bang my head against the wall for a while and assimilate....
vigilant

Postby Hammer of Los » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:50 pm

Er, no, quite.

I wonder whether you have come across the account of U G Krishnamurti (not the more famous J(iddu) , this is another one, mostly unrelated - at any rate the shared surname is a coincidence, or synchronicity, or something like that. In fact not a family name, but a given name).

He's been discussed elsewhere here, hang on, I'll do a search for ya. Here you go;

The calamity of his enlightenment
Hammer of Los

Postby OP ED » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:35 pm

AlicetheKurious wrote:vigilant said:

That's hilarious, just before reading that, while I was reading the stuff about the lights going out, I was thinking about all the watches that stop within days of my putting them on. I used to save them, and had a big plastic bag full.

I once asked my husband about that. He said, "Stop buying those damn cheap watches!"

But I can't help but wonder if that's not it -- what if I buy an expensive watch and IT stops working as well? I'd feel so bad...

(I've given up, and use my cellphone or wall clocks to tell the time.)

I don't use a watch, but I know several people who maintain that taking photographs of me is nearly impossible. I seem to ruin entire rolls of film with frequency.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

kundalini

Postby vigilant » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:53 pm

Hammer of Los this is a quote from the link you posted above:

All kinds of funny things happened to me. I remember when I rubbed my body like this, there was a sparkle, like a phosphorous glow, on the body. She used to run out of her bedroom to see -- she thought there were cars going that way in the middle of the night. Every time I rolled in my bed there was a sparkling of light, (Laughs) and it was so funny for me --"What is this?" It was electricity -- that is why I say it is an electromagnetic field. At first I thought it was because of my nylon clothes and static electricity; but then I stopped using nylon.

I also had things like that happen to me. There was some sort of electrical field running through my body. I could close my eyes, wave my hands in front of my face, and I could see a bright glow coming from my hands. There was even a time when I could partially see with my eyes closed. Many strange and frightening things happened.

I have read many of these accounts but I have never read this one before. Thanks for posting the link. It always helps me when I read these accounts. Without such things to read, I would have thought the whole experience impossible. I would have believed I was insane...
vigilant

Postby ShinShinKid » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:49 pm

1) Whatever some crazy Kundalini Kat Groomer tells you, cats DO NOT like water (i don't know why).

2) Male barnacles have the relatively largest sex organs on earth.

3) Bruce Lee did not die from pot.

4) Falling weights hurt if they land on you.

5) You cannot defeat a tiger in hand to hand combat.

6) Most people cannot defeat a housecat in hand to hand combat.

7) My cat is keeping me prisoner for taking her to get a bath.

8) Yaqui is the Mayan word for 'priest' (or so I was told).

9) If you bathe a dog in warm creosote broth, it will cure mange and other skin ailments.

10) All reality is subjective, therefore, indeed, facts-- as we'd like to know them-- do not exist.

(post edited)
Well played, God. Well played".
ShinShinKid

Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:40 am

5) You cannot defeat a tiger in hand to hand combat.

Thats no reason not to try tho.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby DrVolin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:32 am

1. When I was six, I was in the middle of a shootout involving automatic weapons. Several people were killed and injured.

2. In grade 7 cathechism class, we were reading the Acts. I suddenly realized that Paul must have been a Roman agent. I asked the Father who was teaching the class about it. He told me to stop reading. It was the first conspiracy I investigated.

3. I study change because I don't understand it.

4. I was a good soldier, and I had to choose between that and studying. With considerable help from various social pressures, I chose to study.

5. I think American Beauty is the worst movie I ever saw.

6. I've never been drunk or stoned. Not once in my life.

7. Jacob Bronowski's The Ascent of Man pretty much determined my life's course.

8. I wear steel toe workboots, even in summer. I hate having my toes exposed.

9. One day in second grade, some kid sat on my head. He made the mistake of letting me back up. I went beserk and put him in the hospital. There were no consequences. No one really worried about it.

10. The Space 1999 episode Dragon's domain marked me for life.
DrVolin

Postby compared2what? » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:57 am

5. I think American Beauty is the worst movie I ever saw.

You made me so happy by saying that, it is a star in your crown in heaven.

I don't know that I would say "worst." But only because I'm very literal-minded about some words, and would have to make a list of every movie I've ever seen and then design an impartial, scientific system for ranking them, as well as write a few books on what constituted "good" and "bad" in the world of cinema before I could say it with feeling.

It was an incredibly fucking offensive movie, though. And beyond that -- I mean, beyond the rational critical case I could make in support of that assertion -- monstrous in some way that I don't know that I can account for at all, analytically. Or even want to try to account for, frankly. For whatever reason, my aesthetic emotional state while watching it was outside of anything I ever (or barely ever) experience in waking life or in response to works of art or entertainment: it literally felt like being in the hands of a monster. So much so that it's too creepy for me to want to dwell on for any longer than it takes to finish typing this sentence.

Whew. That was close. To return to the land of happiness, community, and non-pounding hearts: Thanks so much for disliking "American Beauty." You made my day.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:21 am

It was on here the other day actually.

I watched the footy instead.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby OP ED » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:41 am

compared2what? wrote:Whew. That was close. To return to the land of happiness, community, and non-pounding hearts: Thanks so much for disliking "American Beauty." You made my day.

i've never forgiven Kevin Spacey. hopefully neither will god.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News