10 Random Facts

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby sunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:26 pm

chiggerbit wrote:OMG, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series??? Really? I love her!! Great, relaxing reading SO MUCH FUN!

I know! Wiki says "She is a spunky combination of Nancy Drew and Dirty Harry" Love it! I think HBO (nobody else could get away with the raunch, and the series shouldn't be done without it) should do a series, maybe with Marisa Tomei as Stephanie and Queen Latifah as Lula.

monster re your #2-I wish I could remember all my dreams. I've been having one partiuclar dream involving a nature preserve I wish I could interpret, but can't remember details. re#4- me too! I have about 4-5 thousand? some very valuable I inherited from my grandmother.

Joe-
I have enough cash lying around to get one
My daughter-in-law inherited one from her grandfather, maybe I'll borrow it and take some lessons. I should have asked him while he was alive, but I didn't think I had time. Goes to show "Carpe diem" is good advice.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:40 am

My daughter-in-law inherited one from her grandfather, maybe I'll borrow it and take some lessons. I should have asked him while he was alive, but I didn't think I had time. Goes to show "Carpe diem" is good advice.

Ok Sunbny if you do it I'll definitely get off my backside and get one. Even before my birthday.
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby sunny » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:52 am

^ deal.
Choose love
sunny

Postby OpLan » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:26 am

Part of me thinks I'll regret this,but as the butthole surfer says "its better to regret something you have done rather than something you haven't".

1.When I was a small boy,7ish,I was at an older cousins house.We went out to play and he called on this older girl (13 or 14ish)and a couple of other boys.We went to a churchyard,and played a game where us boys hid behind trees and gravestones,and this girl stripped.If she caught anyone peeping as she took her clothes off, they were "out" and had to go completely away.By the time she was down to her bra and knickers,I was the only one left.I was too young to be aroused like a teenager/adult,I thought it was hilarious giggling mad..a cazy game of peek a boo to me-the silly thrill of peeping and hiding..
She came over to me and told me I won,as she put her hands behind her back.I only remember that far.( Its only now I realise she was reaching round to undo her bra)The rest of the day is a complete blank.I think I was set-up by my cousin and his friends,and I suspect I was abused by her.I can't remember going back home,and my ma never took me back there.I never saw that cousin again.This is the first time I've actually recalled the incident,and I'm going to quiz my mother about it next time I see her.

2.I used to play the drums.I was rubbish really.Severely one handed, could never get the bounce going properly in my weaker hand.Lost outside of 4/4 time.Only played in pubs really,although I did play at a couple of parties with Tim and Letitia from Stereolab-thats my pathetic claim to fame lol.
I used to pick up other peoples guitars in smoke breaks,being left handed I learnt a handful of chords upside down.When I got my own a couple of years ago,I had to learn them all over again the right way up.

3.I can be artistic,I like sketching,watercolours,clay,wire modelling.I have hardly any work to show for it though.I would regularly hate my work and destroy it in a spectacular drunken rage.

4.I cry like a baby watching emotional scenes in movies.I've seen the first two King Kong films just the once.Waay too sad.I don't want to see the latest one for the same reason.Same with Dumbo.I've seen dumbos ma swing him in her trunk just the once.I have to leave the room when it comes on.
However,sometimes I feel like the tears have been cheated out of my eyes,and I'll get angry and leave the cinema or switch over..I can't give you an example offhand, I might not have explained what I mean very well..

5.I was a pyromaniac as a kid.Its a wonder I never burnt the house down.
My folks cut down a perimeter privet hedge one summer..it was piled up drying out ready to be burnt.A pile about 8 foot high.A responsible adult would have made a small fire in a bin and added the pile gradually.
I set the lot off.It was soo cool.I was just sat there transfixed.All it needed was the wind to pick up and it would have spread ..well ..like wildfire across the neigbours gardens.I was really miffed when my ma came racing in and out of the house with a buckets of water to put it out.
My dad never punished me for my firestarting.He thought it was hilarious.
One year coming up to guy fawlks night,I pinched a "jumping jack" from a box of fireworks my dad brought in and thought he had hidden from me.I set it off in my bedroom with him sleeping next door!
I didn't realize it was going to be sooo loud!
I picked it up between jumps and threw it in my toy cupboard to try muffle it.Dad never said a word till bonfire night.He brings the box out and goes "hmmmm-theres noo jumping jack,thats odddd-I'm sure there was one" raising an eyebrow at me.I just widened my eyes and remembered something incredibly interesting I had to do elsewhere.

6.Drugs.You name it,I've smoked, ate or snorted it.Although,I've only done cocaine a couple of times.I seem to have some kind of allergic reaction to it.My face swells up on the side of whichever nostril I've snorted it with.I'm glad in a way,because I've seen so many people turn into selfish arrogant assholes through regular use.
I'll never do another psilocibin mushroom as long as I live.Even the mere thought of home made opium makes me want to heave.I stopped breathing after doing a small dose of methodone.No 'near death experience' though.I felt the rush come on really really strong till it was overwhelming.I managed to grab my friends arm,and just slumped unconcious.A big burly mate got me breathing again and I never touched it again.I was going through an awfully hard time.A girl moved into the housing co-op I was living in.we started a relationship,I'd never met a girl like her.Never had sex like that before.Fell head over heels for her.She shagged her way through the household.Another guy she started shagging got all possesive and crap,the fucking head games were too much for me,especially after playing with London traffic all day as a courier.The deadly attraction of opiates is that instant dissolving of all your woes.
The girl we scored it off nearly pissed herself laughing at me when she heard I overdosed on 25 mil.She drank it like the Waco Kid drank whisky-as she demonstrated in front of me,just to rub it in.
Nowadays,I only smoke the reefer.Thanks to Jeff turning me onto Terrence Mckenna,I'm slowly cutting regular evening use down,and really hammering it on a weekend-sort of smoking it till you think you've done too much.

7.My first drug experience was 120 mushrooms at age 18.It led to a serious relationship with carlos castenada.I must have walked for miles cross eyed,never carrying anything in my hands,cupping them,thumbs forwrd,feeling for the lines of the world.I dreamt a dream hat and made it,I spent hours one afternoon on a beech looking for the perfect pebble to fit in my belly button.Learned to look at my hands in dreaming,got to be a dab hand at flying in dreams too.That was my favourite-theres nothing like that feeling of flying,feet first though..I always flew feet first.
Then I found out he wrote the lot in a uni library,when he was supposed to be laughing at don Genario sitting on his head.I burnt his books and dream hat,pulled out my pebble and flung it into the sea as far as I could.
I felt cheated,even though I got results in dreaming.

8.I lived on a cat sanctuary for a year.A woman I knew went out and caught feral/dumped cats.If they were feral,she would neuter them,cure thier illnesses,then release them back to where they came from.dumped cats would be housed in kennels in the garden,until homes could be found.My favourite cats were the FIV+ cats.The illness makes them pile on the weight,they get massive.but they were so friendly.so desperate for attention-they couldnt mix with the others.I spent hours in their compound.
Happy days..

9.I've seen UFOs all my life.I used to dream about them all the time as a kid.A vivid recurring dream had hundreds of people streaming towards a big white ufo in the distance,It was too far away to tell if they were climbing up a ladder to get into it,or if they were being beamed up.Years later I saw a picture of one,I think it was photographed in Wisconsin-a big white jobby-its quite a famous photo,I instantly recognised it from my dream.

10.Since I saw her photo in a thread ages ago,I've had a massive crush on Sunny,and she just broke my heart when she said she was married!
*blushes* I'll get over it though!
OpLan

Postby sunny » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:40 pm

OpLan, you just made my day, but that picture is of my daughter! I don't look that wild and untamed anymore (professional image and all that crap)plus I hate having my picture taken. However, just for you, I'll post a picture my friend took at her house with a disposable camera. She then framed the picture and took a picture of the picture and sent it to me! (my family has to sneak pictures of me, and they never turn out well)

EDIT LINK

I'm really really sorry to ruin your crush, but I guess I ain't too bad for a 43 yr. old grandma!

Awesome, awesome list, btw. I love your honesty.
Last edited by sunny on Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choose love
sunny

Postby OpLan » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:12 pm

heck!
so..umm..lol..is your daughter married? (j/k)

I guess I ain't too bad for a 43 yr. old grandma

hang on- let me comb my unruly eyebrows..
(joey voice)
How YOU doin.. :D
OpLan

Postby OpLan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:37 am

Rigorus intuition -the greatest rockband there ever was.I'll be your drummer

I'll swear down on a stack of holy bibles I didnt write that comment.
Rigorus intuition -the greatest rockband there ever was.I'll be your drummer

fuck you who ever is playing fucking head games.

getting scared you fucking nazi? fuck you from here to eternity.Face me like a man you cunt.
Dont you dare twist my sentemantality.Face me you fucking coward.
OpLan

Postby OpLan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:45 am

man-theres a twat playing hard and fast.comments here are not to be trusted.I'll be your drummer?
fucking coward,getting scared?face me like a man you cowardly twat.
OpLan

Postby OpLan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:05 am

sunny-Jeff- this is really strange.I didn't write " i'll be your drummer"somebody is fucking around with the comments.

If I feel strongly enough about something-I 'll post it-and stand by it-I DID NOT WRITE THAT " I@LL BE YOUR DRUMMER " POST,.
OpLan

Postby sunny » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:28 am

OpLan, if you say so, I believe you. RDR, I believe, noted on a thread that he was able to edit others' posts. This is a glitch a few have noticed. Perhaps someone meant to quote your comment, but accidently hit "edit"?
I wouldn't ascribe nefarious motives just yet. We'll see.
Choose love
sunny

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:20 pm

bubblefunk said on the Theresa Duncan thread:

Thanks everyone for trying to work on this - here's what I saw: I could only edit SOME of my own posts, the option to edit was only on some of my own posts. Meanwhile, I could edit others' posts. I'm quite sure of it.

I didn't stick around long enough to see any more. I was, like "damn, I'm outta here".

I'm familiar with the "quote" option. This wasn't it. And that's all I know.
chiggerbit

Postby theeKultleeder » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:21 pm

Give more $$$ to Jeff at the blog, and he'll get a better host! (Okay Jeff, you cut me in, now.)
theeKultleeder

orderly random'ish

Postby Trifecta » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:34 am

1) My first real embarrassment happened at school it was my ninth birthday. Mum did not do the washing and I had no underwear, Mum told me to wear my sister’s knickers. The usual thing to have done to you on your birthday is the bumps; everyone grabs your arms and legs you get lifted in the air for each birthday year. On the eighth bump, my trousers split revealing pink and white spotted panties. It scarred me for life.

2) At 13 I moved from a small remote country village to London and went to school in a predominantly West Indian and Indian community, I was one of two white kids in my class. On my first day I sat at a seat and a black kid told me to move. I told him to get lost "sambo" (derogatory word about black people favored by the latest comedy programme in the 70's) this was the biggest mistake of my formative years. I got battered and abused every lunchtime for 3 months.

3) At 13 and 3 months I attempted multiple suicides in a call for help. None came. I shaved my head, put on 21 whole doctor marten steel toe cap boots, and hung around with skinheads, football hooligans and elements of the national front. 3 months later the school beatings stopped. I became a predator.

4) At 18 I spent two days in a coma, lost some eyesight, fractured my skull in 7 places, had a character building scar on my left eye (the ladies love it) and stitches all over my body. I had stepped into a fight in a pub attempting to save an old man from a beating. I also fell in love the week I got out of hospital.

5) She had an epiphany; I thought her weird, discovered booze and drugs went on a long, long, long bender. Got my first dose of clap, dealed a bit, spent two days in prison in Cyprus. Got involved in a Kuwait dollar scam while intoxicated on coke, fortunately paranoia helped and I lost the deal while stoned on skunk.

5) Have three children by three separate women, never had a penny since.

6) I took my first magic mushrooms, met the source of everything and felt an oneness with the multiverse. Studied mushrooms for two years, expanded my mind, joined the anti nazi league. Karma returned when the white supremacist and the BNP wanted to take me out of the political landscape.

7) At a Buddhist retreat I inadvertently killed a rat. I was cured of my longing for omniscient regonition and left immediately.

8) I shat myself on a plane once dodgy lamb in Turkey. Became a vegetarian after that.

9) I became an orgone warrior and apparently ended up as an MI6 agent.

10) I realize life is fubar, but I choose to incarnate here for some reason which has not become clear as yet. My life’s quest is to transcend duality....

Jeff said "I have an extreme aversion to ketchup." Huh? (thats strange, very strange. I too cried at BoMC and ring of bright water.)
the future is already here—it just got distributed to the wealthy first
Trifecta

Postby Hammer of Los » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:56 pm

Gosh, you have all had such interesting lives!

Me, on the other hand, have led the most unexceptional, tame life in history.

So far.

Maybe I will put my own ten bits of silliness together sometime, but I am afraid I would find it hard to find ten interesting things about myself.

Oh well.

:)

Mmm, if I make a comment about Sunny's pic, I shall be seen as some silver-tongued flatterer. Besides, I'm married!
Hammer of Los

Postby sunny » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:57 pm

Hammer of Los, you may have noticed I've lived a boring life as well. My ten were pretty much "bits of silliness." But we've all done nutty and interesting things, even if they are few and far between. So bring on the list!

(I am a great admirer of loyal husbands!)
Choose love
sunny

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News