worst piece of "architecture" ever...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

worst piece of "architecture" ever...

Postby slow_dazzle » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:42 am

This is off Jim Kunstler's website. If you click the "previous eyesore" link at the bottom a new horror opens in a new window. The one for October is on my short list for the most naff use of neo-classical details ever.

Note: This link changes monthly so by the time January arrives you will need to click "previous eyesore" to see it. if you have any architectural sensitivity you might want to avoid looking at this piece of trash.

I think the "architect" of this month's little beauty must have bought one of those degrees peddled by e-mail spammers.

the horror...the horror
On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather.

John Perry Barlow - A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
slow_dazzle

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby brownzeroed » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:17 pm

My eyes are bleeding.
The Czech blob gets my vote.
------

Kunstler:
The educated coastal public thinks that evangelical Christianity is America's number one religion. They are wrong. It is the Worship of Unearned Riches, and Las Vegas is its holy city. The belief that it is possible to get something for nothing is more potent in our land than the belief that the Son of God will return to rescue mankind. The Religion of Unearned Riches was established here in the desert by organized crime. It has turned us into a nation of slobs, clowns, patsies, and cravens. Las Vegas is what we have become. Is it any wonder that the rest of the world despises us?

Amen.
brownzeroed

Postby blanc » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:23 am

but I like the blob :D
blanc

Postby Jeff » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:21 pm

blanc wrote:but I like the blob :D

Me too! It has a benign fungus feel about it.

BTW, I'm disheartened to note he chose one of my favourite local landmarks as an eyesore a few years ago. The Ontario College of Art "floating pencil box." He called it an "exercise in hyper-entropic avant garde faggotry."

Jeff
Site Admin

Postby FourthBase » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:58 am

Jeff wrote:Image

You could not pay me enough money to step foot in that.
Maybe $500,000 or a million, but not much less.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Return to The Lounge & Member News