Weddings Parties Anything playing in London on Anzac Day

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Weddings Parties Anything playing in London on Anzac Day

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:01 am

You Lucky Bastards.

If you RI poms don't go and record the gig for me I will spew. (Especially you Seamus, we've done over 6000km driving since December 19th so being in the midlands is no excuse.)

Weddos are a truely awesome band and live they could blow just about anyone off stage.

Here's something to whet your appetite.

A cover of the the Triffids classic Wide Open Road

A Tale They Won't Believe - Convict cannibalism in the Wilds of SW Tasmania

Father's Day (Thats for you Morgs).

Live on 25th april 2008 at the Astoria 2, charing cross rd london.

Get your tickets here
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:56 pm

I dunno Joe, the music is ace, reunion tour, only show outside Oz, so it may be my only chance to see them but my days of three gigs a week and being able to visit any city or large town in the country and find folks to hang out with and a floor to crash on are long gone. It's more like 2 or 3 gigs a year these days and then only when I can't talk my way out of it.
Now I avoid cities like plague pits. I think the last one I visitsd was York about five years ago and that's more a museum with a modern shopping centre than a real city, so a trip to the Smoke would be like, wow, Seamus in Wonderland or something.

But I am in a rut and need a break, trip or bump to get me out of it, so I'm up for it if anyone else is. Anyone care to accompany me from Kings Cross to the Astoria 2 (formerly Mean Fiddler) for a night of revelry and shenanigans and help get me back home in one piece?

If anyone takes me up on that I'll buy their ticket. (first come first served but the more the merrier)

Honest, PM me. Let's make God laugh!
Seamus OBlimey

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:35 pm

Your a legend Seamus.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:28 pm

Oh come on, I'm not that old. Or am I?

I'm just back from the gig and guess what.. I did get lucky and took a chick along. Not just any chick but a hot, and cool, 19yo rock chick. My niece Luci jumped at the chance when my mate cancelled two days before. She booked the trains, planned the schedule, packed anything we might need and got us there and back in just 11 hours. Kids today, eh? If it hadn't been for me wanting to walk from KingsX to the gig and almost getting us lost before giving up to get the tube from Regents Park to Tottenham Court Rd, changing at Oxford Circus (google to see the funny side of that) we would have caught the Go-Set's full set rather than the last few songs. But then we'd have missed the critical mass ride-past as we walked the wrong way, again, discussing how unhelpful, always in a rush, londoners were while evrey time we asked for directions from someone who didn't know someone else would step forward to show us the way. So we got there about 8 and got drinks (How much!?) and watched the Go-Set from the balcony over other's shoulders. The sound was clear and the band good punky folk like the Dropkicks or Men they couldn't hang - with bagpipes. My kinda thing.

The Weddos were on soon after, starting slow and building up to a rabble rousing, rocking reeling knees-up including all their youtube hits, which is all we'd heard before. We stayed on the balcony, where the bar was, rather than join the heaving throng below, most of whom knew the songs and joined in the banter that went over our heads. After a 3 song encore it was over all too soon, only 10.30. With an hour before the last train north we walked, this time with a few beers in me, instinctively finding the way back to KX in time for a snack. I slept through to Leeds where we caught a cab home for 3 am.

All in all my most expensive night out ever and worth every penny. Video clips coming soon, fingers crossed.

Cheers!
Seamus OBlimey

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri May 09, 2008 8:20 am

Good one seamus.

I have been wondering how you went with that gig for a couple of weeks, its good to hear you had a good night.

10.30 is a pretty early finish tho.

Anyway I've been reallly busy, and still am so I'll catch ya soon.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Fri May 09, 2008 10:46 am

Coinkidinkily I got the vids just last night. I know you didn't expect recordings but Luci was happy to. Unfortunately the audio is crap.. I might try to clean it up over the weekend.. if i'd thought about it i'd have told her to tape some cotton wool over the mic, it always worked for me.

So I could post raw .mov files, 4 songs, 100 - 300 Mb, or let youtube do it's worst. We'll see.

Happy Aniversary!
Seamus OBlimey

Return to The Lounge & Member News