Postby LilyPatToo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:49 pm

You hang in there, HoL :hug1:

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: A Toast to Banned and Disappeared Posters

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:53 am

Hammer, you strike me as a good fellow.

I know I've criticized Merlin in the past (Nicholson, Excalibur) but it was only a film, and he was only a brilliant theatrical actor giving a very entertaining perfomance in the role, in my view, which many people disagreed with (some maintain to this day that his acting was a big pile of shite.)

Simple fact is, Nicholson was a damn good Merlin, and we are agreed here, he played it well. But he wasn't actually Merlin.

You're not Merlin either mate, anymore than I am, or ever could be. You're not Merlin anymore than I'm King Arthur.

I wish you all the best regardless, and I'm with you all the best, regardless. Hold on, like LiliyPat said. That's all anybody can really do. Even that's not easy.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:12 pm

I would like to see Nordic, Iamwhoiam and even Hugh come back. I think there's someone else I missed. Losing Bruce for some reason was and is a bummer.

I think that's why I am going to cook up some way to create an RI "yearbook". I doubt it will work. But we've done a shit ton commenting and sharing here, that there should be no reason to be shedding so many members. when this place closes down. Without Jeff writing, from what I can tell, nobody else is here. When I first started contributing in 2007, RI was basically a joint for a lot of crazy characters. They've since peeled off. I think that we're down to like only 20 full time members. It's sad, but this place should certainly be archived and "yearbooked" in some way so that we can stalk one another more easily.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Elvis » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:17 am

Yeah -- Nordic, if you're reading, it's not the same without you, really, please consider a welcome return!

And Iamwhoiam left? -- darn it. Bruce is missed. Hugh...wellllll...I do hope he's doing well, and I wonder whether his research has taken any turns. Slomo popped in to shake things up and set a thing or two right, but alas popped back out.

I have some items I want to post but have to prepare them and have just been too busy. Meantime I appreciate the contributions of others when, like now, I'm too tired to do any work but want something stimulating to read.

I thought about starting a "Jeff Sighting" thread about Jeff's recent pop-up to lock a thread. So many unanswered questions: Was It Really Jeff? If so, was Jeff attempting to communicate a Hidden Message? Or was it a Jeff Imposter typing at some Fort Meade terminal? What is the significance, if any, of the date of the post? Of the number of letters in the post? What did Jeff mean exactly by the words "howdy folks"? Was he trying to tell us something? Or was the entire, convoluted affair an elaborate hoax conducted by a faceless deep-state security contractor with the witting participation of the "offender(s)"? You'd have your IWRJ, IWNJ, JIMP and NJIMP-HM theories to sort out as the evidence is laid bare. At the end of the day, we can never know.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby 82_28 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:21 am

Yeah, I think iamwhoiam got suspended for some shit saying "fuck you" to someone and I think he's outta here. Dunno, but great guy, someone I know semi-personally and has reached out to help me in the past. He has quite an uncomfortable history and he was reacting with his feelings and not being a dick. But now it appears he is gone.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:10 pm

82_28 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:21 am wrote:He has quite an uncomfortable history and he was reacting with his feelings and not being a dick. But now it appears he is gone.

Yeah, the joys of moderation: I found all that out after the fact.

Damage done.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby 82_28 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Don't beat yourself up. I have, for years steered well clear of releasing private information about iamwhoiam. So to me what he said was totally requitted. You didn't know. I hope he knows he is welcome back in the sense that we would like him back. I would certainly like to have access to conversing with him again and I hope he is reading. If he is reading you can have access by emailing tedsmith@earlyclues.com. I would like to stay in touch.

But Wombat, you didn't fuck up either. You just did what you did because you had to. I am sure though that it probably offended him.

iamwhoiam you are loved around these here parts for numerous reasons. :hug1:
82_28

Postby semper occultus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:50 am

..another empty seat at the table in the RI Bomber Command officers mess..

.."looks like Tufty bought it over the Ruhr last night.....bad show..."

but hey...lets hope he bailed out over the Channel.... :angelwings:

I'd probably stop posting if I thought anyone would notice...
semper occultus

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:16 am

I'd notice, Semper. As your case oficer, it's my job. :lol:

Sorry if that sounded a bit harsh HoL, it was supposed to be a friendly message. You're not Merlin, but you're a good man, and that's what really matters, in the end. Very few people have ever done better than that. Live your life - that's the main thing.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby semper occultus » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:03 am

...if I find out what forum Jeff went to I'll probably go there....

( ....I'll rely on your obvious deductive genius to track me down.... )
semper occultus

Postby Hammer of Los » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:28 pm

I know all that Ahab old chap.

Tell me something I don't know.

It's just the masquerade parade.

The thing is, I'm just too subtle for you people.

But er sorry bout the spamming and kundalini sickness psychosis and all that.

Er, yeah.

Hammer of Los

Postby coffin_dodger » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Hey HoL, I miss your poetry.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby lucky » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:17 am

what happened to stimulest? - and although he was a bit of a ninny i kinda miss huw. Most of all of course i miss Jeff's writing , does he/do you if your reading this post anywhere else, on other forums etc.
I belonged to another forum a while back now that use to get 6-800 threads a month - now its a tiny trickle with 5-6 posters and a ton of spam really sad but i guess as people leave others join them as they enjoyed their posts and a snowball effect starts up. I'm V tired am not sure if this post makes absolute sense - ONLY another 4 hours or so at work and i have already been in and out of naps for 90 mins or so.....smoking H this morning didn;t help ; )
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

WHERE IS EVERYBODY????????

Postby MayDay » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:46 am

"Where Is Everybody?"

Did you happen to catch?
Or did it happen so fast?
What you thought would always last
Has passed you by!

Is everything speeding up?
Or am I slowing down?
I'm just spinning around
And I don't know why!

All the pieces don't fit!
Thought I really didn't give a shit-
I never wanted to be like you.
But for all I aspire
I am really a liar-
And I'm running out
Of things I can do.

I'd like to stay,
But every day,
Everything pushes me farther away.
If you could show,
Help me to know
How it's supposed to be-
Where did it go?

Pleading! and
Needing! and
Bleeding! and
Breeding!
Feeding!
Exceeding!-

WHERE IS EVERBODY?

Trying and lying,
Defying denying,
Crying and dying-

WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

Well okay, enough,
You've had your fun,
But come on there has got to be someone-
Hasn't yet become
So numb and succumb,

And god damn I am so tired of pretending!
Of wishing I was ending!
When all I'm really doing is trying to hide-
And keep it inside-
Fill it with lies-
Open my eyes?
Maybe I wish I could try!

Pleading and needing,
And bleeding and breeding.
Feeding exceeding-

WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

Trying and lying,
Defying denying,
Crying and dying-

WHERE IS EVERYBODY???????????????????????????????????

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
MayDay

Postby Stephen Morgan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Do you know this forum doesn't work properly without Javascript any more? What happened to barracuda and Canadian_Watcher? I enjoyed bickering with them, long ago.

AhabsOtherLeg » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:16 am wrote:
0_0 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:17 pm wrote:I was happy to spot Stephen Morgan commenting over on http://cannonfire.blogspot.nl/

That makes me strangely happy too. Don't know why really. I like to know he's out there, doing his thing, whatever it is.

If you looked at my profile you'd see that my occupation is "idler". I don't mind doing a "Where are they now?"

Actually, I'm probably in exactly the same spot from which I last posted. I got a job, I suppose. It was like that song, "I was looking for a job, then I found a job and heaven knows I'm miserable now". But I only lasted a day, much like that other song, "Turned up, clocked on, laid off". So I'm unmiserable again. I'm not cut out for this work business. So now I'm just suffering the benefit cuts, cycling around the place, wandering the internet, playing the classical guitar, the usual stuff.

Thought I might try and translate the Otia Imperialia into English, there's a want of affordable translations thereof. I've also taken to standing on desolate hillsides by night, gazing at the stars and wondering how constellations have come to exist on star maps which are never visible to the naked eye, like Pisces. Rather odd.

Read David MacGowan's new book, the Laurel Canyon one. Quite good, but doesn't add much beyond cost to the web series, honestly.

Then, one day, I was reading a forum thread on a board i don't frequent, that of the Encyclopedia Dramatica, a thread about "#gamergate", and came across a bizarre conspiracy theory, that the anti-GG crowd are in hock to a group called DiGRA, who are DARPA contractors in a project designed to use the media for social reengineering, and that DARPA have engineered everything that's happened, from the mass censorship to the Fappening (which was designed to distract from the truly important issue of video-game journalism).

Obviously, that made me curious about whether this place had survived my exit. It's where bizarre conspiracy theories make me think of.

Don't think he liked me at all. In his final analysis, I would no doubt have come out on the unacceptably "mangina" side of the spectrum,

Quite the opposite. You were always one of my favourite posters. I don't think we ever had much of a set-to over sex issues.

but in my personal opinion Stephen had a decent way with words, an enviable knowledge of history (however slanted),

I really need to get working on that book on the continuous witch-cult throughout history I've been meaning to write forever.

and a fair bit of unusual charm about him. He was also totally sincere, most of the time, however offensive his views were. That's rare. Of course his persona was partly an act, but he meant every (non-sarcastic) word he said. A rarity. Perhaps that's just as well.

Hmm. Does this mean that most people don't mean the things that they say? I don't know much about people, but it seems like a waste of effort to say things that are misleading. Obviously if you intend to deceive someone, that's one thing, but blandilinquent insincerity seems like a waste of effort, and communicating with people is enough effort already.

He's one of the few board members that I've ever had a dream about meeting and spending time with. It actually turned out really well, in the dream. He stayed in my house and all, and we had a good laugh, despite disagreeing vehemently on many matters. When I woke up I remembered that he doesn't drink, though, and the dream quickly faded.

I had a dream the other night in which I woke up and it was early in the morning so I went back to sleep.. Later I woke up and it was earlier in the morning, so I conclude that the earlier awakening was a dream. My dreams are somewhat prosaic. I like to think it is because I have achieved individuation and mastered my subconscious, thereby eliminating the conflicts between the subconscious and the waking mind which produce dreams. Possibly it's because I lack imagination.

And that's where I am now! So, once again, goodbye for ever. Or maybe I'll be back in a year, by which time my life will have progressed to the point where I've just read Richard Dolan's UFO book and I'm slightly even closer to getting that history of the witch-cult which oppresses the world started.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News