A Toast to Banned and Disappeared Posters

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: A Toast to Banned and Disappeared Posters

Postby norton ash » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Good to hear from you, Stephen. The Otia Imperiala translation sounds worthwhile.
Zen horse
norton ash

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Not a toast but just noticing the absence of user info while browsing...

USERNAMEs:

Doodad
theeKultleeder
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby brainpanhandler » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:32 pm

elfismiles » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:03 am wrote:Not a toast but just noticing the absence of user info while browsing...

USERNAMEs:

Doodad
theeKultleeder

Both banned.

Banning apparently makes the banned persona unsearchable. For instance, I can't search for Hugh Manatees posts here. I'm sure there is some other way to do it, but you can't use the board's search function to do it. Something I wish we could change.

Sometimes a toast can be along the lines of 'don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, fuckhead. cheers'.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby semper occultus » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:42 pm

.....oh Morgan dropped in....and I missed him... :tongout .

..always a pleasant surpise when the festering clawed hand of an ex-member comes bursting though the top-soil of the RI graveyard ....I'm also impressed he remembered the password....
semper occultus

Postby elfismiles » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Yeah, I've complained about that before.

You can use google in those instances:

Just type ... site:http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/

... and then add your search terms, in this case the username.

Probably won't pull up everything but its a start.

Also, I believe those 2 usernames were completely deleted whereas HMW's was not - or at least, not in the same way as some ... there still is no user profile for him but his avatar still appears as does this info below it:

Oh wait! That's weird ... you can still send him a PM!!!

brainpanhandler » 23 Sep 2014 17:32 wrote:
elfismiles » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:03 am wrote:Not a toast but just noticing the absence of user info while browsing...

USERNAMEs:

Doodad
theeKultleeder

Both banned.

Banning apparently makes the banned persona unsearchable. For instance, I can't search for Hugh Manatees posts here. I'm sure there is some other way to do it, but you can't use the board's search function to do it. Something I wish we could change.

Sometimes a toast can be along the lines of 'don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, fuckhead. cheers'.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:22 pm

Stephen Morgan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:17 pm wrote:If you looked at my profile you'd see that my occupation is "idler". I don't mind doing a "Where are they now?"

Ahhh, Gods no! I never would've praised ye if I thought there was even the remotest chance of you reading it. :basicsmile

Stephen Morgan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:17 pm wrote:Thought I might try and translate the Otia Imperialia into English, there's a want of affordable translations thereof.

*Putting on the Bob Peck voice from the IRA-hitman scene in Edge of Darkness* - "Do iiit! Do iiiit!"

Stephen Morgan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:17 pm wrote:Then, one day, I was reading a forum thread on a board i don't frequent, that of the Encyclopedia Dramatica, a thread about "#gamergate", and came across a bizarre conspiracy theory, that the anti-GG crowd are in hock to a group called DiGRA, who are DARPA contractors in a project designed to use the media for social reengineering, and that DARPA have engineered everything that's happened, from the mass censorship to the Fappening (which was designed to distract from the truly important issue of video-game journalism).

Don't know about all that mate, but Rab Florence from the original Eurogamer "games journalism" controversy is kind of a pal of mine. He helped me make a semi-controversial mod once, not that he'd like to be reminded of it. He doesn't know he's my pal though. We've only talked online. GamerGate is very interesting. Stu Campbell (formerly of Amiga Power, now a controversial blogger on Scottish Independence) covered it a little bit on Wings. Fascinating stuff.

I could well believe that the Xbox One launch was a social engineering experiment too. It can't be adequately explained otherwise. No rational corporation (motivated solely by profit) would've behaved as Microsoft did. It was like they were running a pre-planned gullibility test on the loyal buying public, on behalf of someone else. The outcome was also hilarious.

Stephen Morgan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:17 pm wrote:You were always one of my favourite posters.

Jesus, the board must've been at a low point back then. :lol:

Stephen Morgan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:17 pm wrote:I don't think we ever had much of a set-to over sex issues.

Nah, I suppose not. Not compared to some of the set-tos you had with others during your residency here. Though we fundamentally disagree on the social status of women throughout history, and up to the present day (from what I can tell), I tended to stay out of the gender-war threads till they reached about page 38 in those days. By then you were usually just getting warmed up to your theme.

Stephen Morgan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:17 pm wrote:Does this mean that most people don't mean the things that they say? I don't know much about people, but it seems like a waste of effort to say things that are misleading.

You are technically correct Commander Data.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby LolaB » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:53 pm

AD has not posted since Feb 21. That messes up his almost 5 posts per day average.
What's up w/ that?
LolaB

Postby DrEvil » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:52 pm

He's on a one week mandatory vacation.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby conniption » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:38 pm

Where's my good buddy, seemslikeadream?

Missing you, SLaD.
conniption

Postby zangtang » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:11 am

this is long gone now, but could you search for HMW using his signature - 'disney is cia for kidz' ???

just popped in cos it was slow going on the 1st page.

i fear we are now down to a dozen at most...tho on reflection guess you can use the user stats to work out how many of us are still here/visiting daily/twice a week etc ?
zangtang

Postby Elvis » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:51 pm

Glad to see MacCruiskeen back.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Nordic » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Just realized -- whatever happend to Vanlose Kid?

He/she was always one of my absolute favorites.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Nordic » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:44 am

Damn this place is dead .....
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby identity » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:53 am

^^

I think that's mainly slad's doing (or non-doing). Her daily posts of news items from all over really kept the conversation here going. WTH is she???
:lovehearts: :lovehearts: :lovehearts: slad, COME BACK, WE MISS YOU!!! :lovehearts: :lovehearts: :lovehearts:
We should never forget Galileo being put before the Inquisition.
It would be even worse if we allowed scientific orthodoxy to become the Inquisition.

Richard Smith, Editor in Chief of the British Medical Journal 1991-2004,
in a published letter to Nature
identity

Postby semper occultus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:53 am

....I recently started frequenting a UK based board which has a bigger, more active membership and was struck as I got to know the characters how relatively old alot of them were...well middle-aged & upwards....I'm wondering if these types of discussion boards are dying out......a now obsolete Internet 1.0 form....

...the Icke forum is actually pretty dead aswell in terms of meaningful activity although it has a superficial churn of postings given its larger audience its mostly crap or just constant revisionist type shit from the scummier elements that haunt the place...thank god we avoid that.....what actually gets posted is invariably well worth reading & what makes the place still worth perservering with....
semper occultus

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge & Member News