Japanese girl with ghost twin

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Japanese girl with ghost twin

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:29 pm

*posted in lounge to avoid credibility assaults. Real or not, its a fun clp to watch - Arcadia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0GZQ64Nj_U
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby monster » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:49 pm

Freaky!
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby orz » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:01 pm

Saw a good video debunking (or rather, showing how such a video could be made) this but can' find it now...

Creepy for sure but, you know, it's inherently horror-movie fake creepy stuff; why would a real 'ghost' even do that? What would it even mean? What would those present have seen in person? If they didn't see it, then why would the camera? How long did it remain 'frozen' for? Is it still there if you go back to that room!? :) Or did it just freeze for dramatic effect waiting till they pressed 'stop' and then go about its ghost business? :)
orz

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:55 pm

orz wrote:Saw a good video debunking (or rather, showing how such a video could be made) this but can' find it now...

Creepy for sure but, you know, it's inherently horror-movie fake creepy stuff; why would a real 'ghost' even do that? What would it even mean? What would those present have seen in person? If they didn't see it, then why would the camera? How long did it remain 'frozen' for? Is it still there if you go back to that room!? :) Or did it just freeze for dramatic effect waiting till they pressed 'stop' and then go about its ghost business? :)

Your suspension of disbelief skills suxx0rz..

"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby compared2what? » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:11 pm

What a sweet-looking child.

To me, most of the creepy-freaky factor comes from being reminded of all the obscure and unsettling genetic issues associated with monozygotic twinning, the cause of which is a medical mystery by itself.

Especially genetic chimeras. I mean undetected human genetic chimeras, not tortoise-shell kitty-cats. Technically, I don't know that either one is more or less freaky than the other. But tortoise-shell kitty-cats aren't inherently unsettling to contemplate, in the abstract. Human genetic chimeras are.

As are vanishing twins.

Also...well, semi-identical twinning isn't actually unsettling either in the abstract or in reality, absent other unsettling factors. However, it is part of the working hypothesis by which I seek to explain and/or understand Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.
compared2what?

Return to The Lounge & Member News