Giant Penis on Roof Goes Unnoticed

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: ...and then there are these, to consider as well.

Postby compared2what? » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:04 pm

annie aronburg wrote:
pepsified thinker wrote: I love the guy's attitude about his friends' prank. We need more of that outlook nowadays.

Not to mention more people willing to do things like paint giant penises on roofs.

So true. Although as a conservative, I am obligated to assert the absolute and inviolable truth of the proposition that there is no thing like painting giant penises on roofs. Honorable tradition and patriotic duty both demand no less of us all.

Let us never forget the unsavory element in our society that relentlessly seeks to seduce the innocent youth of America into joining them in their godless War on Painting Giant Penises on Roofs nor cease to keep a watchful eye out for their insidious efforts to exploit the potentially anti-Giant-Penis-Roof-Painting subtext of remarks such as yours for their own evil recruitment purposes.

It's just a shot away, Annie. I say we repeal the First Amendment now, before it's too late.
compared2what?

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:35 am

A friend of mine had one of these:

But since we are posting photos of giant dicks:

Joe Hillshoist

Postby brainpanhandler » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:39 am

Last edited by brainpanhandler on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Project Willow » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:23 am

oh, oh, honey, no robots please, no matter how phallic.

Anyway, have to say thanks to all for images, commentary, etc. as for the third time I have had to break up with my bf and won't be seeing any penises for an unknown amount of time, probably a long time due to my age (and other things). Anyway, this thread caused much laughter in the midst of it and therefore relief.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:15 pm

"March 27 (Bloomberg) -- Saturn's moon Enceladus has a "surprising organic brew,'' containing most of the ingredients needed for life, erupting in geysers from beneath its surface and spewing into the atmosphere, NASA said."

En·cel·a·dus (ĕn-sĕl'ə-dəs) pronunciation
n.

1. Greek Mythology. A giant who was defeated in battle and buried under Mount Etna by Athena.
2. The satellite of Saturn that is seventh in distance from the planet.

[Latin, from Greek Enkelados.]
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:40 pm

So sorry to hear that, PW. I am SO glad I don't have hormones any more. So much easier to keep a clear ~ahem~ head.
chiggerbit

Postby brainpanhandler » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:57 am

Sorry about that PW. That really is triggering?

The more I looked at that image of Twiki the creapier it became. Twiki was the little slave robot from the ultra cheesy american television series Buck Rogers.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby lunarose » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:22 pm

my mom enjoyed this thread as well. her first time checking out the board. good work, everyone!
lunarose

Postby chiggerbit » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:34 pm

:shock: Oops!
chiggerbit

Postby compared2what? » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:39 pm

lunarose wrote:my mom enjoyed this thread as well. her first time checking out the board. good work, everyone!

Lunarose, I should check the Oxford Dictionary of Literary Terms first, but I think you may have created a previously unknown rhetorical figure with that post. I just don't know what to call it. But whatever the term is, it should have a Greek-based etymology and mean "a statement that is hilariously funny both when read as literal and when read as sarcastic."

I only know the names of four real rhetorical figures -- metaphor, simile, synecdoche, and metonymy. And of course Dee Dee, and whoever the drummer is. Among those, it's the most like metonymy (a thing that is both a metaphor and literal, as in "he inherited the crown of England.") If the rules allowed for a Latin-based etymology, I might be able to make something up. But I don't know any Greek, even clownishly. So I appeal to any forum member who doesn't have the handicaps of being a dilettante and poser like me for word-coinage assistance.

Either way: Funniest. Post. Evar. :)
compared2what?

Postby Project Willow » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Oh, Brainpan, you needn't have removed it, (it is the lounge).
I don't want to be inhibitive. Triggers are in abundance, can't edit them out of the world. It was funny because the theme of the whole thread plus the robot image made me think of that movie "Demon Seed", (shivers) quite creepy that.

Thanks chig., I wonder what life will be like after hormones. I've already got a hint about the hair (loss) urgh, and generally creakiness, the body like an aging structure makes all kinds of settling noises.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby lunarose » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:17 pm

c2w?: thanks! that's high praise indeed. for the record, completely straight. mom was especially struck by the two men walking down the street.
lunarose

Previous

Return to The Lounge & Member News