RIILF ?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby OP ED » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Code Unknown wrote:
OP ED wrote:OP ED has never dated online. This doesn't not mean that it would not do so.

Several of my best friends in teh real world, btw, are people i met online years before, so i can certainly accept the possibility for positive experiences of the not entirely platonic sort emanating from teh innertubes.

but really, i'm shallow, and i usually look at them first. sorry.

It's about a lot more than looks (re the incomparable superiority of real-world grazing v. online). How they carry themselves, how they move, how they smile at you, how they smell, how they smell on a level you don't even consciously realize, how their eyes sparkle, how they really talk, how they really sound, what they really talk about, what their sense of humor is really like, how they casually touch your arm or your leg when they're talking to you, how they "accidentally" brush up against you, how they react to your touch, how they feel, how they get your vibe in general, and so on and on and on.

indeed. of course its more than looks. i was just sayin' i usually look first. i mean i look before i cross the street, and breeding and cavorting and coupling is slightly more important than walking to the grocery store. I can totally be internet friends with anyone, but i'm not gonna "date" a person i've not yet met in teh real world. that's just weird.

i prefer to pursue visible prey.

as far as thee second stage compatibility goes, for OP ED, it mostly comes down to smell actually. no. really.

nah, looks like there's a lineup to beat him for free, I don't like standing in line & I've a business to run....

ah, you'd be wasting your time anyway. beatings don't actually do too much for me. i find it endlessly fascinating, but i usually prefer my simulated violence to be more mutual in practice.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Peregrine » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:51 pm

OP ED wrote: as far as thee second stage compatibility goes, for OP ED, it mostly comes down to smell actually. no. really.

This, yes, I understand completely. I've a fella I've sworn off of, but damn, his scent drives me flipping mental every time. His pheromones are my damn kryptonite.

... but i usually prefer my simulated violence to be more mutual in practice.

heh, I enjoy giving as much as I enjoy getting a good "altercation"...

but I don't let my clients know that...!
Peregrine

Postby vigilant » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Theres a little something about alice's ability to navigate that has always sorta tripped my trigger...

and my ultra man senses tell me sunny is a hottie...
The whole world is a stage...will somebody turn the lights on please?....I have to go bang my head against the wall for a while and assimilate....
vigilant

Postby Nordic » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:32 am

Code Unknown wrote:It's about a lot more than looks (re the incomparable superiority of real-world grazing v. online). How they carry themselves, how they move, how they smile at you, how they smell, how they smell on a level you don't even consciously realize, how their eyes sparkle, how they really talk, how they really sound, what they really talk about, what their sense of humor is really like, how they casually touch your arm or your leg when they're talking to you, how they "accidentally" brush up against you, how they react to your touch, how they feel, how they get your vibe in general, and so on and on and on.

Well, yes, of course, but you have to get to that point first.

Before the internet, just finding enough people to screen out so that there were available candidates always seemed ridiculously, insanely, difficult to impossible.

It's a numbers game, and the Internet gives you a huge advantage in that, you can just dive right into a large pool of women that you know are actually available.

I used to meet a lot of attractive women who were almost NEVER available.

And yes, it most certainly is about looks, what the internet thing made me surprisingly aware of (surprising in that I hadn't really thought about it before) is how much weeding out we do in just a few microseconds of seeing someone. Say we go to a party. Our eyes immediately scan the room and check out who's there, who the women are, what they look like, who they're with, we make instant preliminary judgements of them based on their wardrobe, their hair, the way they're interacting with others, THEN if we actually trade a look or find out we're about to interact with each other, then it's suddenly a maelstrom of inputs and outputs and we, in seconds, without even realizing we're doing it, can either write the person off completely, or think "I want to talk to them and get to know them better" or "is that a ring? I need a better view".

And so much of this is done nonverbally and almost unconsciously.

On the internet, absolutely NONE of that is at work, it's all verbal, then when you meet them, yes, the vibe can be all wrong, and yes, the SMELL can be all wrong, of course, but at least you've gotten to that point and taken a shot and your fishing line has been in the water.

I used to be a real romantic, but internet dating made me realize how much of a numbers game it is, how much luck plays a part, and how it's like brownian motion of fucking molecules, human interaction that is, unless you're just a wildly attractive person who can choose, in real life, on a steady basis, from a steady supply of candidates. And I have friends who do that. One of them has had a difficult time being married because of it and is in fact going through a divorce right now. Something about the guy, he just walks into a room, does absolutely nothing, and women go nuts. He doesn't even try, they approach him. Obviously, he's never found a need to date on the internet. Nor does he find strip clubs appealing, he figures he can just go to a bar any time he wants and pick someone up and actually have real sex, rather than some faux sex lap-dance thing.
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby vigilant » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:55 am

nordic ol buddy...i can see right now that you would make an excellent 'wing man' on a prowl mission.... 8)
The whole world is a stage...will somebody turn the lights on please?....I have to go bang my head against the wall for a while and assimilate....
vigilant

Previous

Return to The Lounge & Member News