Final Interview with Philip K Dick

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Final Interview with Philip K Dick

Postby cptmarginal » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:39 pm

http://www.philipkdickfans.com/articles ... erview.htm

I found this to be an extremely fascinating and heartbreaking read. It is an excellent testament to the man's integrity and character that he turned down the novelization of Blade Runner, which would've made him a bundle of cash, and wrote The Transmigration Of Timothy Archer instead (for next-to-nothing, money-wise). He died right after finishing this last book of the VALIS trilogy, so it would've looked so sad and futile had he made the wrong choice. He did the right thing, and I am so happy for it.

Here's a part I laughed at:

I was reading a lot of philosophy at that time. My wife came home one day from school and said, "What is it you're reading again?"

I said, "Moses Maimonides' Guide for the Perplexed."

She said, "Yeah, I mentioned that to my instructor. He says you're probably the only human being on the face of the earth who at this moment is reading Moses Maimonides." I was just sitting there eating a ham sandwich and reading it. It didn't strike me as odd.

One of the best humans of any time...
cptmarginal

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby OP ED » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:31 am

Thanks cm.

[btw, guide for the perplexed is in the suitcase next to my bed, I brought it with me on my "vacation"]
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to The Lounge & Member News